The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby MFundercover » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:46 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:28 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:03 am
Hankybro21 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:06 pm Speculative reports from today that the panthers, eagles, jets, dolphins, SF, and Denver are still interested in making a move. This is going to be quite the rollercoaster, to say the least.
I think that pretty much tells us he will play unless this ends up with a criminal conviction.
I’m not sure you understand what speculative means.
*If true

No need to be a dick. I thought that was implied.

*And to get ahead of it, yes I know he may be suspended. But if this many teams are willing to trade for him then his career will continue after the suspension.

dlf forums ffs

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:53 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:46 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:28 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:03 am

I think that pretty much tells us he will play unless this ends up with a criminal conviction.
I’m not sure you understand what speculative means.
*If true

No need to be a dick. I thought that was implied.

*And to get ahead of it, yes I know he may be suspended. But if this many teams are willing to trade for him then his career will continue after the suspension.

dlf forums
No one is being a dick. You made a massive jump to a conclusion, I’m guessing based on this NBC report:
With seven lawsuits filed, five more promised, and at least 10 more possibly coming, common sense suggests that it has become difficult if not impossible for the Texans to trade quarterback Deshaun Watson. A Saturday report from Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle suggests otherwise.

Wilson cites unnamed sources to support the claim that multiple teams remain interested in Watson: Eagles, Panthers, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers and Broncos.
That report has zero amount of factual information regarding any outcome and how it relates to his future or any trade offer

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:25 am

Wtf are you talking about? I was responding to what he posted, I didnt see the NBC report.

If it's true that teams are still willing to trade for him that means he isn't being blacklisted, which means he will play again at some point unless it turns criminal.

***IF ITS TRUE***

Sorry I didn't include that disclaimer the first time Billy.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:46 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:52 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:43 pm
That said, it's a civil suit, so even if he loses, the punishment from the NFL is unlikely to be anything serious.
Flesh this thought out for me. If the preponderance of the evidence shows that he committed multiple sexual assaults including rape and the trial(s) are sure to be very high profile, you think the NFL just gives him a wink and a nod?
what evidence? it's a case of he said, she said.

the lawyer got cut because watson wouldn't settle early on with a 6 figure sum and has made it his mission to take watson down.

the nfl knew exactly what a broken down ray rice did and gave him a 2 week suspension. it was only after the video of him knocking out his wife was published that the nfl black balled him. they're not suspending their superstar qb if there's no concrete evidence he committed these crimes.

he'll deny everything and it will be business as usual.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:57 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:46 am
That said, it's a civil suit, so even if he loses, the punishment from the NFL is unlikely to be anything serious.
Flesh this thought out for me. If the preponderance of the evidence shows that he committed multiple sexual assaults including rape and the trial(s) are sure to be very high profile, you think the NFL just gives him a wink and a nod?
what evidence? it's a case of he said, she said.

the lawyer got cut because watson wouldn't settle early on with a 6 figure sum and has made it his mission to take watson down.

the nfl knew exactly what a broken down ray rice did and gave him a 2 week suspension. it was only after the video of him knocking out his wife was published that the nfl black balled him. they're not suspending their superstar qb if there's no concrete evidence he committed these crimes.

he'll deny everything and it will be business as usual.
In his assumption, if you’ll read it, it clearly says “it’s a civil suit, so even if he loses” - meaning the preponderance of the evidence would have been found to be against him. I didn’t make that claim and had (and still have) no idea if the claims had any validity, which I also stated after I made the portion of the response you quoted and which you must have missed.

And this is a very different day and age then when Ray Rice had his dust up.

Some people sure have their panties in a wad this morning.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:16 am

This may be worth noting, since it could change the nature of the cases from civil to criminal:
The attorney representing 12 women alleging sexual assault by NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson said in an Instagram post Saturday that he will submit affidavits and evidence to support their case.

Tony Buzbee, who thus far has filed seven lawsuits against the Texans quarterback, says his firm will submit the materials to the Houston Police Department and the Houston district attorney. He also said he will request that a grand jury consider the evidence.

"Per advice from a well known criminal defense attorney: Our team will be submitting affidavits and evidence from several women, who had experiences with Deshaun Watson, to the Houston Police Department and the Houston District Attorney, on Monday morning," Buzbee wrote. "We will request that a grand jury be empaneled to consider the evidence we provide."
It appears from reports that the material will be submitted some time today.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:20 am

Grown men pretending to be coaches and GMs speculating and prognosticating on a real world sport for a made up game they gamble on = fun, time killer, escape from reality, potentially beneficial to others on the boards

Grown men pretending to be lawyers and psychologists speculating and prognosticating on the criminal justice system, sexual abuse, how females should/shouldn't act with regards to... really anything in their lives = cringey AF, waste of time, out of scope here, and really providing 0 benefit to anyone else on the boards

Lump me in as well for making this mistake before, so not trying to be high and mighty, but rather suggesting we all don't continue making these same mistakes. Let's stick to football, maybe the fantasy implications of what's going on with Watson; but leave the speculation about such sensitive topics to other boards (or ya know, just all the people paid to do it, but I get that's asking for a lot in today's world). We don't know really anything about what's actually going on, hopefully we find out the whole story eventually, but even that's not a sure thing. Debating guilty/not guilty on this kind of incident here, especially with little to no actual facts, will only lead to some really gross statements from a bunch of grown dudes on how we all assume females should conduct their business/choose their careers/live their lives/cope with sexual abuse. It's a dark path leading nowhere. At the very least, maybe just stick to links to articles and updated info as it comes in, but minus the personal commentary.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:14 am

@ dustyroads

The Watson issue is big news so it will be discussed at length from both sides given it does potentially impact the game we love to play.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:00 am

I don’t see how you don’t discuss something like this. Not exchanging opinions doesn’t do anything but perpetuate a problem.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 am

I'm not saying the NFL isn't going to punish him. I'm saying that people are selling him like he's going to have a significant suspension.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:38 am

dp
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:39 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 am
I'm not saying the NFL isn't going to punish him. I'm saying that people are selling him like he's going to have a significant suspension.
IF the allegations do end up at least in part being true, I would think the punishment would be significant.

Between his time on the Commissioner’s exempt list and his suspension, Hunt missed 13 games and he “only” pushed and then tipped over a drunk girl who was dousing him with racial epithets and getting in his face because he kicked her out of his party for being underage and uninvited. And FWIW I supported that suspension because he shouldn’t have touched her despite her incendiary behavior.

IF true, this would IMO exceed what Hunt did by a pretty wide margin.

I’m interested in your thoughts on it given that you think any suspension wouldn’t be too egregious - or maybe I misread your thoughts.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:01 am

tidewaterjc wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:27 pm 3. None of these women went to the police. Yes, 12 accounts makes one believe something happened but at same time none of those 12 went to the police.
sadly, this is common for this kind of crime, especially if the perpetrator is famous. the fact that they didn't come forward before doesn't mean anything with regard to the veracity of the accusations.

Ice wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:13 pm What is far more likely is Watson may be a sex addict of sorts that likes higher risk activity.
you can be a sex addict without harrassing people, especially with a wallet that big. even if he is, it is no excuse for being a bleep.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:36 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:01 am
tidewaterjc wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:27 pm 3. None of these women went to the police. Yes, 12 accounts makes one believe something happened but at same time none of those 12 went to the police.
sadly, this is common for this kind of crime, especially if the perpetrator is famous. the fact that they didn't come forward before doesn't mean anything with regard to the veracity of the accusations.

Ice wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:13 pm What is far more likely is Watson may be a sex addict of sorts that likes higher risk activity.
you can be a sex addict without harrassing people, especially with a wallet that big. even if he is, it is no excuse for being a bleep.
I don't disagree but at this point there are no criminal charges, making someone uncomfortable isn't a crime last time I checked.

Things could escalate from here but until we know more it is speculation with only one side of the story being told. One sure bet is anyone who has filed suit will also be investigated as if their house were made of glass.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:52 pm

“WATSON AND PLAINTIFF DISCUSSED SCHEDULING AND SCHEDULED A MASSAGE TO TAKE PLACE AT PLAINTIFF’S HOUSE. PRIOR TO THE MASSAGE, WATSON AND PLAINTIFF SPOKE ON THE PHONE TO DISCUSS FOCUS AREAS.

PLAINTIFF ASKED WHAT TYPE OF OILS HE LIKED SO SHE COULD GET READY. WATSON SAID WHICHEVER OIL IS FINE AND EXPLAINED THE FOCUS POINTS. WATSON SAID HE WANTED THE FOCUS TO BE ON AREA AND INNER THIGHS. ON THE WAY TO PLAINTIFF’S HOUSE, WATSON TEXTED PLAINTIFF ASKING IF ANYONE WOULD BE AT HER HOUSE.

WATSON SAID HE WANTED TO “KNOW [HIS] SURROUNDINGS.” PLAINTIFF ASSURED HER THAT IT WOULD JUST BE HER. WATSON ARRIVED AT PLAINTIFF’S HOUSE AND ASKED WHERE THEY WOULD SET UP. PLAINTIFF STARTED SETTING UP THE MASSAGE TABLE WHEN WATSON STARTED TO IMMEDIATELY UNDRESS AND TAKE OFF HIS CLOTHES WITH PLAINTIFF IN THE ROOM.

WATSON GOT COMPLETELY NAKED.

PLAINTIFF HAD NEVER DONE A MASSAGE BEFORE SO SHE THOUGHT MAYBE THIS WAS NORMAL BEHAVIOR. PLAINTIFF INSTRUCTED WATSON TO LAY ON HIS STOMACH ON THE MASSAGE TABLE. PLAINTIFF STARTED MASSAGING HIS LEGS AND WATSON TOLD HER SHE COULD “COME UP MORE.”

WATSON WANTED HER TO MASSAGE THE AREA UNDERNEATH HIS GENITALS AND HIS ANUS. AGAIN, PLAINTIFF WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH A SWEDISH MASSAGE SO SHE DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS PROPER. PLAINTIFF ASSUMED THIS WAS NORMAL PLAINTIFF STARTED TO MASSAGE NEAR HIS GROIN AREA AND WATSON ASKED IF SHE WAS READY FOR HIM TO TURN ON HIS BACK.

WATSON FLIPPED OVER ONTO HIS BACK AND PLAINTIFF STARTED TO MASSAGE THE INNER THIGH AREA. WATSON ASKED HER ONCE AGAIN TO “COME UP.” WATSON TOLD HER TO MASSAGE THE GROIN AREA. AS PLAINTIFF WENT TO MASSAGE HIS GROIN AREA, WATSON SUDDENLY EJACULATED EVERYWHERE, ALL OVER PLAINTIFF’S FACE, AND ALL OVER PLAINTIFF’S BODY.

WATSON THEN STARTED TO THRUST HIS BODY UP AND DOWN WITH A FULL ERECTION. WATSON THEN STARTED TO TAKE HIS OWN HAND AND STARTED TO MASTURBATE.