The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby CGW » Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 am
murphysxm wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:17 pm Buy low window on Watson is closing soon. Settlement and trade upcoming.
What did I miss?
Looks like he’s believing Eisen’s story and rejecting LaCanfora’s.
I'm shocked anyone believes either.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed May 12, 2021 3:07 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 am
murphysxm wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:17 pm Buy low window on Watson is closing soon. Settlement and trade upcoming.
What did I miss?
Looks like he’s believing Eisen’s story and rejecting LaCanfora’s.
well that's pretty easy to understand. laclown is always wrong.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

blemly wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:55 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:51 pm
blemly wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 pm It’s amusing to me that people interpret 3 weeks of silence in a civil lawsuit as a sign of ongoing settlement talks. I’m not saying it’s impossible that the parties are discussing settlement at this time, but a lull in news - especially after the Defendant files an Answer to the Complaint - is more or less the norm in civil suits.
The overwhelming norm in civil suits is that they settle out of court. "Overall, in the United States, about 95% of civil lawsuits settle before trial. This includes personal injury cases, contract disputes, property cases, and other non-criminal cases."

https://www.queenanlaw.com/how-often-do ... -in-texas/
I am well aware of that as a licensed attorney. My point remains the same; yes, there could be ongoing settlement negotiations right now, but a lull in the news doesn’t make that the case given where the litigation currently sits.
As I said this story has been based off little more than speculation from a fantasy perspective from the beginning. In such a high profile public case being fought in the court of public opinion, I think its reasonable to expect a lull in the news means something is happening behind the scenes.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:51 pm Rich Eisen said he expects it and was hearing that settlement talks were in the works during the draft. Mike Florio also said the same.

This entire story has been speculation from the start so that's all we really have to go on. But it makes sense. After Hardin came out against the accusers there has been silence. At this point it makes sense for all parties to settle. The accusers don't have their names dragged through the mud, Watson gets traded to a new team, Hardin saves his clients career, Buzbee gets his clients a nice settlement and notoriety, and judges hate when cases that can be settled out of court are not. The 100 to 0 news cycle here can only mean that a settlement is being discussed.

My money is on the cases being settled and Watson being traded before the start of the season, if anyone is still betting against it I'll take it all day. Whether or not he is suspended by the NFL is a total guess. Even if he is I don't think his dynasty value will be affected very much by it. The question with Deshaun right now is where he will be playing next.
blemly wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 pm It’s amusing to me that people interpret 3 weeks of silence in a civil lawsuit as a sign of ongoing settlement talks. I’m not saying it’s impossible that the parties are discussing settlement at this time, but a lull in news - especially after the Defendant files an Answer to the Complaint - is more or less the norm in civil suits.
The overwhelming norm in civil suits is that they settle out of court. "Overall, in the United States, about 95% of civil lawsuits settle before trial. This includes personal injury cases, contract disputes, property cases, and other non-criminal cases."

I'm happy for you that no one took you up on your bet, doesn't sound like there are settlement talks going on. Could be more posturing, but when both attorneys are saying no, then likely one of them isn't willing to settle. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/314 ... aun-watson

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri May 14, 2021 11:14 am

thebeast wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:51 pm Rich Eisen said he expects it and was hearing that settlement talks were in the works during the draft. Mike Florio also said the same.

This entire story has been speculation from the start so that's all we really have to go on. But it makes sense. After Hardin came out against the accusers there has been silence. At this point it makes sense for all parties to settle. The accusers don't have their names dragged through the mud, Watson gets traded to a new team, Hardin saves his clients career, Buzbee gets his clients a nice settlement and notoriety, and judges hate when cases that can be settled out of court are not. The 100 to 0 news cycle here can only mean that a settlement is being discussed.

My money is on the cases being settled and Watson being traded before the start of the season, if anyone is still betting against it I'll take it all day. Whether or not he is suspended by the NFL is a total guess. Even if he is I don't think his dynasty value will be affected very much by it. The question with Deshaun right now is where he will be playing next.

I'm happy for you that no one took you up on your bet, doesn't sound like there are settlement talks going on. Could be more posturing, but when both attorneys are saying no, then likely one of them isn't willing to settle. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/314 ... aun-watson
It might happen, sure. But this is not the most likely time for a settlement. Settlement typically occurs pre-litigation when costs are nil, or after written discovery but before the filing of any dispositive motions or costly depositions. Simply put, it doesn’t make sense that a party interested in settling would wait until immediately after the initial pleading to do so.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:35 pm

Watson’s deposition set for February 2022.
Source: outkick.com

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 23, 2021 6:38 pm

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 am

OkOk wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:35 pm Watson’s deposition set for February 2022.
Super Bowl LVI 2022 - Sunday, February 13

Hope the deposition isn't on a Sunday!

Oh wait...
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 24, 2021 9:08 am

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 pm

There’s your timeline. If this case settles, it will almost certainly occur before that deposition occurs.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:16 am

blemly wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 pm
There’s your timeline. If this case settles, it will almost certainly occur before that deposition occurs.
So... now we wonder if the NFL hands some type of punishment down prior?

My stance for a while has been: he’s not gonna play this year, but will be back to normal next year. Starting to think missed time may get pushed back? Dunno.

I think the biggest concern at this time, is that his trade value in the real world is effectively zero right now, and hamstrung for a good while at a minimum. That means he’s tied to this garbage franchise for that good while, even if he’s not sitting. I think he’s a talent that can make FF numbers happen anyways, but it ain’t great.

I’ve either moved on or added insurance in my leagues. I had watson is 4/5 leagues last year. Still rostered in 2 SF leagues, but I’ve fortified QB there successfully I think.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed May 26, 2021 5:13 am

I’ve acquired a couple shares for Watson. In a SF league got him and Higgins for lamar Jackson, in another I traded Montgomery and Zach Wilson for Watson. Both I could afford to wait a year but hoping I didn’t overpay
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed May 26, 2021 9:14 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:13 am I’ve acquired a couple shares for Watson. In a SF league got him and Higgins for lamar Jackson, in another I traded Montgomery and Zach Wilson for Watson. Both I could afford to wait a year but hoping I didn’t overpay
These could really go either way. Would be interesting to revisit in a few years to see how it worked out.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed May 26, 2021 9:30 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:13 am I’ve acquired a couple shares for Watson. In a SF league got him and Higgins for lamar Jackson, in another I traded Montgomery and Zach Wilson for Watson. Both I could afford to wait a year but hoping I didn’t overpay
A little extra risk for massive reward potential. Probably a good gamble, regardless of how it turns out.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 am

CGW wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:30 am
A little extra risk for massive reward potential. Probably a good gamble, regardless of how it turns out.
Looks Like a big overpay to me given the risk but it is a bold move no doubt and could work out long term. There is a real good chance Watson doesn't play this year so losing a year of service is a big gamble.

I could see trading away an unproven Wilson but Jackson is another story all together given his fantasy success. They are really close in value and the risk side is on Watson in a big way given situation and unknown team.

I actually traded away Watson last year for Odell and 1.6 which I took Herbert in a league. Not in that league any longer but thought that was bold then but it pales to buying him for those prices.

I do like to see owners make bold moves so good luck!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts