The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:10 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:02 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:55 am
thebeast wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:13 amAlso make no mistake these women are looking for a payout, not justice. If they wanted justice they would get together walk into a police station and file 21 complaints and pursue a criminal case first and then follow that up with a civil case. But they are not looking to do that, they are looking for a payout and the amounts they were looking for wouldn't ease their pain nor would it have caused Watson any hardship. I would think if you feel victimized then you would want your attacker tried and convicted not walking the streets after paying you a pittance of his net worth. Nor would you have looked initially for a quiet settlement so he could go on and do it to other girls. It all seems like it's driven by money and nothing more.
I'm not getting tangled up in this whole escapade, but the fact this is bring pursued in civil not criminal court (currently) doesn't indicate/prove they're money grabbing. Could be they reasoned the lower threshold makes a victory more likely, or other non financial reasons.
That could be. But what do you think the motivation is when Buzbee himself said he tried to keep this quiet and settle this with Watson's team when it was just the single woman? He's publicly slain Watson because the guy wouldn't settle with him and in my mind lured other women into the complaint with the possibility of a payout.
Given the info available, I don't see an easy way to reach a strong conclusion about the first complainant, the ones that came after, or Buzbee. I will say it's possible money is sought so therapy sessions can be covered, and that seeking money doesn't automatically undercut the claims. It's entirely possible the (initial?) focus was getting Watson to admit guilt, not make this public, and him failing to do so necessitated the lawsuit, in the eyes of the accuser and/or the representative.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:54 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:10 pm
thebeast wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:02 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:55 am
I'm not getting tangled up in this whole escapade, but the fact this is bring pursued in civil not criminal court (currently) doesn't indicate/prove they're money grabbing. Could be they reasoned the lower threshold makes a victory more likely, or other non financial reasons.
That could be. But what do you think the motivation is when Buzbee himself said he tried to keep this quiet and settle this with Watson's team when it was just the single woman? He's publicly slain Watson because the guy wouldn't settle with him and in my mind lured other women into the complaint with the possibility of a payout.
Given the info available, I don't see an easy way to reach a strong conclusion about the first complainant, the ones that came after, or Buzbee. I will say it's possible money is sought so therapy sessions can be covered, and that seeking money doesn't automatically undercut the claims. It's entirely possible the (initial?) focus was getting Watson to admit guilt, not make this public, and him failing to do so necessitated the lawsuit, in the eyes of the accuser and/or the representative.
Those are fair points that I hadn’t considered. Either way this has gotten ugly for all involved.

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:10 am

My purely speculative uneducated opinion is that he misses most of 2021. Then plays the rest of his career out with no problems.
The NFL just can't knock him out of the league forever on a first offense, the NFLPA would sue the crap out of them if the tried.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:38 pm

From a few days ago.

Gave: Lamar Jackson, 2.10, Tre'Quan Smith, Andy Isabella, J.J. Taylor
Got: 1.03, 1.10, 2.03

The other team is in a deep rebuild and doesn't have a single QB (SuperFlex), so he really needed an elite young option there. For my team, I sold out to acquire Watson in the offseason before his legal situation broke out, and now it's looking like my chances of competing are down the drain. Hoping I can hit on two of these rookie picks and load up for next year, though this is like my third season in a row of doing that.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:08 pm

Blueboy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:38 pm From a few days ago.

The other team is in a deep rebuild and doesn't have a single QB (SuperFlex), so he really needed an elite young option there. For my team, I sold out to acquire Watson in the offseason before his legal situation broke out, and now it's looking like my chances of competing are down the drain. Hoping I can hit on two of these rookie picks and load up for next year, though this is like my third season in a row of doing that.
Has Lamar Jackson's stock fallen so low that, in a superflex, he nets an early and late 1st?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:08 pm
Blueboy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:38 pm From a few days ago.

Has Lamar Jackson's stock fallen so low that, in a superflex, he nets an early and late 1st?
The league I'm in also overvalues picks. The offers I got for Watson (post legal issues) were mostly in the realm of an early second, best I got was a late future 1st and 2nd.

I'm guessing that most people rostering Watson are bracing to endure the 2021 season without him, at least in SF formats.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 11, 2021 4:17 pm

Buy low window on Watson is closing soon. Settlement and trade upcoming.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:17 pm Buy low window on Watson is closing soon. Settlement and trade upcoming.
What did I miss?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 11, 2021 7:47 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:17 pm Buy low window on Watson is closing soon. Settlement and trade upcoming.
What did I miss?
I think that's the general assumption, because there's been about 3 weeks of a lid on this story, which likely means lawyers are talking settlements and trying to prevent the cases from going to court.

Of course, a settlement doesn't mean he won't face NFL discipline, because they can still suspend him for some form of detrimental conduct.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 pm

It’s amusing to me that people interpret 3 weeks of silence in a civil lawsuit as a sign of ongoing settlement talks. I’m not saying it’s impossible that the parties are discussing settlement at this time, but a lull in news - especially after the Defendant files an Answer to the Complaint - is more or less the norm in civil suits.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Rich Eisen said he expects it and was hearing that settlement talks were in the works during the draft. Mike Florio also said the same.

This entire story has been speculation from the start so that's all we really have to go on. But it makes sense. After Hardin came out against the accusers there has been silence. At this point it makes sense for all parties to settle. The accusers don't have their names dragged through the mud, Watson gets traded to a new team, Hardin saves his clients career, Buzbee gets his clients a nice settlement and notoriety, and judges hate when cases that can be settled out of court are not. The 100 to 0 news cycle here can only mean that a settlement is being discussed.

My money is on the cases being settled and Watson being traded before the start of the season, if anyone is still betting against it I'll take it all day. Whether or not he is suspended by the NFL is a total guess. Even if he is I don't think his dynasty value will be affected very much by it. The question with Deshaun right now is where he will be playing next.
blemly wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 pm It’s amusing to me that people interpret 3 weeks of silence in a civil lawsuit as a sign of ongoing settlement talks. I’m not saying it’s impossible that the parties are discussing settlement at this time, but a lull in news - especially after the Defendant files an Answer to the Complaint - is more or less the norm in civil suits.
The overwhelming norm in civil suits is that they settle out of court. "Overall, in the United States, about 95% of civil lawsuits settle before trial. This includes personal injury cases, contract disputes, property cases, and other non-criminal cases."

https://www.queenanlaw.com/how-often-do ... -in-texas/

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed May 12, 2021 6:08 am

Sshhhhhh. Let him keep sliding from all these redrafters that are scared to take him.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Wed May 12, 2021 6:55 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:51 pm
blemly wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 pm It’s amusing to me that people interpret 3 weeks of silence in a civil lawsuit as a sign of ongoing settlement talks. I’m not saying it’s impossible that the parties are discussing settlement at this time, but a lull in news - especially after the Defendant files an Answer to the Complaint - is more or less the norm in civil suits.
The overwhelming norm in civil suits is that they settle out of court. "Overall, in the United States, about 95% of civil lawsuits settle before trial. This includes personal injury cases, contract disputes, property cases, and other non-criminal cases."

https://www.queenanlaw.com/how-often-do ... -in-texas/
I am well aware of that as a licensed attorney. My point remains the same; yes, there could be ongoing settlement negotiations right now, but a lull in the news doesn’t make that the case given where the litigation currently sits.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:59 am

What incentive does the Texans have to trade him now? The draft is over, the picks they would get would be for next year draft. Meaning what ever team Watson gets traded to has a chance, depending on suspension, have a decent record. I don't see the Texans having this strong desire to move him unless its a stupid good package.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 pm
What did I miss?
Looks like he’s believing Eisen’s story and rejecting LaCanfora’s.