The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:31 am

This thread needs to be locked.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:34 am

You brought up Brett Kavanaugh, not me. I wasn't going to go there.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:35 am

I started this topic before the allegations and had no idea they would ever come up. Don't bring up Brett Kavanaugh and not expect any controversy.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:37 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:34 amYou brought up Brett Kavanaugh, not me. I wasn't going to go there.
No I didn’t.
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:25 amThe reality is Cancel Culture is real in society today. We saw it on full display with politicians claiming all women should be believed with the Kavanaugh political lynching.
I was responding because using the term “cancel culture” to refer to this kind of stuff is a bad look.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:40 am

in other news, the massage business in the houston area has collapsed.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:41 am

I apologize , looks like Ice brought Kavanaugh up. Not a smart name to drop.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:43 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:41 am I apologize , looks like Ice brought Kavanaugh up. Not a smart name to drop.
Yeah, no bleep. Thank you for owning that. We’re good.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:03 am

Hopefully mods dont lock this, and we shouldn't turn this in to a debate about Kavanaugh. Fighting about that situation won't lead to anything good. Idc what side you're on, fighting about him in 2021 is a bad idea.
No more Kavanaugh talk please.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:19 am

When I mentioned the #metoo movement and cancel culture I wasn't applying cancel culture to Watson's situation just using it to add to the point that in past few years people are being punished far more frequently and far more severe than in the past for things they have done or said.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:21 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:41 am I apologize , looks like Ice brought Kavanaugh up. Not a smart name to drop.
I actually brought up 3 examples of how cancel culture can influence a view as you were wanting proof evidence. The point is many will in fact jump to conclusions much like a few in this very thread when it comes to opinion over evidence.

Nothing was wrong with what I posted at all. Maybe one hates the Governor of NY for all I know; He is getting basically the same treatment Watson but with far fewer cases against him.

I guess the retreat to safe space lock up is par for the course when the debate temperature gets turned up a few degrees.

Watson is in for tough sledding in 2021. Regardless, he was the one who put himself in this position as he was claiming your word is everything in tweets a few months back.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:45 am

Also have to remember when it comes to NFL innocence doesn't matter. You can be suspended without being guilty.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:48 am

Get your politics out of my fantasy!
It’s bad enough I have to read and deal with these cross aisle attacks on every other social media platform on the planet. DLF forums should be a safe space, don’t ruin it too!

I admit I was also one of the ones that thought this whole situation seemed a little shady at the start(only one lawyer, Instagram solicitation, Buzbee using social media to make all his press release/news conferences). I still feel like there is a shady element to how this all came together. But the more voices that join and the louder this gets, the less easy it is to believe it’s all a fabrication.
I’m not going to guess at wether he is guilty or not, I don’t know. But I will say the optics on this seem to get worse for him every day. I also think Watson needs a new lawyer, every time they try to dig him out with a statement/release, they seemingly just dig him deeper in.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:58 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:48 am Get your politics out of my fantasy!
It’s bad enough I have to read and deal with these cross aisle attacks on every other social media platform on the planet. DLF forums should be a safe space, don’t ruin it too!

I admit I was also one of the ones that thought this whole situation seemed a little shady at the start(only one lawyer, Instagram solicitation, Buzbee using social media to make all his press release/news conferences). I still feel like there is a shady element to how this all came together. But the more voices that join and the louder this gets, the less easy it is to believe it’s all a fabrication.
I’m not going to guess at wether he is guilty or not, I don’t know. But I will say the optics on this seem to get worse for him every day. I also think Watson needs a new lawyer, every time they try to dig him out with a statement/release, they seemingly just dig him deeper in.
Not Going to Happen until Politics get out of sports.

I am all for that.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:31 am This thread needs to be locked.
Just a headsup that the easiest way to get a moderators attention is to report a post or thread. That will flag the thread and the next time a moderator is on the forums they'll see the flag and hopefully investigate.

Atm I see no reason for this thread to be locked. If it continues in the current direction it will likely be diverted to a different section of the forums.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:37 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:40 am in other news, the massage business in the houston area has collapsed.
at least for the IG models.

for professionals it's business as usual.