The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby murphysxm » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:11 am

Lumps wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:46 am
dynastyninja wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:51 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 am

Like I said earlier in the thread, there are people in the NFL who act in the best interest of owners without always being told to. They do damage control on things like this. It would've hurt more for these allegations to drop during the season. I would bet that some of these women tried to file lawsuits last year.

It's not a coincidence that all of them are coming out at the same time....around the time there was first a private, then public breakup between Watson and the Texans. People are saying there's nothing for the Texans to gain by doing this and that's true, but it's really all about power and ego, and reminding a player where he stands while he's "quitting" on your organization.

But at this point, it seems clear there is a lot of juice to the story.
If it's found out that anyone affiliated with the Texans attempted to sabatoge Watson, the owner would be forced to sell his team immediately. Nothing is impossible, but it would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do.
Agreed that it’s the stupidest thing they could possibly do.

However, the prior post reminded me of an episode of McAfee’s show, where they were talking to the ex-GM of ....the Marlins? I was shocked to hear the amount of manipulation they do with journalists. They have key guys that they feed info to in exchange for them also publishing BS stuff if the team wants/needs to trade/cut a fan favorite.
So the owner who is accused basically of being racsist by it's star player, might be sabatoging the same said player is out of the realm of possibility? I am by no means endorsing the bad behavior that appears to have occured, but I can't ignore the coincidence of the timing.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:11 am

If it's found out that anyone affiliated with the Texans attempted to sabatoge Watson, the owner would be forced to sell his team immediately. Nothing is impossible, but it would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do.

However, the prior post reminded me of an episode of McAfee’s show, where they were talking to the ex-GM of ....the Marlins? I was shocked to hear the amount of manipulation they do with journalists. They have key guys that they feed info to in exchange for them also publishing BS stuff if the team wants/needs to trade/cut a fan favorite.
So the owner who is accused basically of being racsist by it's star player, might be sabatoging the same said player is out of the realm of possibility? I am by no means endorsing the bad behavior that appears to have occured, but I can't ignore the coincidence of the timing.
He would be tanking the value of the only trade asset the team with no cap space, first or second has, risking the loss of the franchise, and lawsuits galore

Also the "inmates" quote was his late dad--not him

The timing is still weird though. I am guessing it's more Watson being told of the impending suit and asking for a trade shortly after to get the discussion back to football

No idea if it's true but it makes a lot more sense than Texans ownership being behind it

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:43 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 am
murphysxm wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:11 am

He would be tanking the value of the only trade asset the team with no cap space, first or second has, risking the loss of the franchise, and lawsuits galore

Also the "inmates" quote was his late dad--not him

The timing is still weird though. I am guessing it's more Watson being told of the impending suit and asking for a trade shortly after to get the discussion back to football

No idea if it's true but it makes a lot more sense than Texans ownership being behind it
I don't think the team purposefully sabotaged him, but it wouldn't shock me if now that the breakup appeared imminent, someone within the organization may have let it slip that Watson wasn't this "good dude" and that info got into the wrong hands and here we are. Wouldn't shock me at all if someone within the organization knew what he was doing, kept it hidden, but perhaps Watson and his team crossed that person and they didn't care about keeping secrets any longer.

The idea that some on here think this is some owner vs slave like rise up and retribution is crazier than the actual story itself. Not everything is a huge conspiracy.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:37 pm

They absolutely would, but it's not what you know...it's what you can prove.

While the relationship with Deshaun and Houston was great, they probably kept things like this from seeing the light. Now that it's not, well...it's out there.

Whether it's someone in the Texans or someone who basically operates for them in an unofficial manner (back channels), someone made sure this story got out there at this specific moment in time.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:37 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:37 pm
Whether it's someone in the Texans or someone who basically operates for them in an unofficial manner (back channels), someone made sure this story got out there at this specific moment in time.
There is a third possibility that you seem to have overlooked:

One woman who was sexually assaulted had the courage to speak out against a community icon and that turned on the faucet - or maybe firehose is more accurate now.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:43 pm

They absolutely would, but it's not what you know...it's what you can prove.

While the relationship with Deshaun and Houston was great, they probably kept things like this from seeing the light. Now that it's not, well...it's out there.

Kind of reminds me of AB

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:39 pm

The truth is we will never know the cause of timing, so all scenarios could be correct. We’ve seen time and time again that people do stupid things, and egos and anger can get the best of people, so I don’t rule anything out. Nor do I think anything ever would become public if their was a Texans association in any way, direct or through alternate channels. It’s interesting timing though. Nobody can deny that, which leads to the speculation.

I’m still willing to buy low, but that buy line hasn’t aligned for me in any leagues I’ve attempted. Haven’t seen him moved in any either. Everyone hoping for a Tyreek scenario.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:43 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:25 pm I think this is an interesting time for this to be coming out about Watson. Right in the middle of a standoff between him and the Texans front office. Something here isn’t sitting right with me....
Yeah, I mean, it's really important to remember that he's innocent until proven guilty, and that this is really more of a He said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said sort of a situation.

Come on guys. With this much smoke, it's pretty obvious there's fire. Let's be honest about what this is, and what it means in the year 2021.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:56 am

mild wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:43 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:25 pm I think this is an interesting time for this to be coming out about Watson. Right in the middle of a standoff between him and the Texans front office. Something here isn’t sitting right with me....
Yeah, I mean, it's really important to remember that he's innocent until proven guilty, and that this is really more of a He said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said, She said sort of a situation.

Come on guys. With this much smoke, it's pretty obvious there's fire. Let's be honest about what this is, and what it means in the year 2021.
Exactly. Just 4-5 years ago I would said nothing will prolly happen, but with the #metoo movement and cancel culture it's gonna be near impossible for him to get out of this without any kind of punishment. There have been several big name powerful people taken down the last few years. People are not getting away with the same stuff they use to get away with.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:08 am

So which is it? Innocent until proven guilty, or it's "obvious" what has happened before anything has been proven?

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:08 am

Referencing a mostly made-up concept like “cancel culture” with regard to somebody accused of sexual misconduct is an awful look.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:24 am

Kelldon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:56 am

Exactly. Just 4-5 years ago I would said nothing will prolly happen, but with the #metoo movement and cancel culture it's gonna be near impossible for him to get out of this without any kind of punishment. There have been several big name powerful people taken down the last few years. People are not getting away with the same stuff they use to get away with.
Im not defending Watson or saying he isnt culpable. What I am saying is that it is convenient that this comes out as Watson is leveraging his way out of Houston. Its very possible that SOMEONE knew about this BEFORE Watson began to demand his way out of Houston. These allegations muddied the already muddy waters in terms of Watson's football future. I just dont think its a coincidence. It happens all the time in sports where organizations look the other way until it no longer suits them....with Watson demanding his way out, I think its reasonable to believe that if Watson is guilty then the Texans are too - and with mounting evidence, it seems like he is pretty guilty.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:40 am

21 someones knew for sure and filed Lawsuits so it is a bit beyond convenient.

The look the other way argument fails big time unless the team somehow had cameras in the room.

I don't see how anyone could blame the team for Watson's actions regardless of his innocence which he will now have to address 21 times.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:09 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:37 pm
There is a third possibility that you seem to have overlooked:

One woman who was sexually assaulted had the courage to speak out against a community icon and that turned on the faucet - or maybe firehose is more accurate now.
Read back a few pages—I said that's the case. My guess is one of the women wanted to go public with the situation last year. Someone talked them out of it and Watson was interested in settling quietly with her attorney, who also happens to be a friend of Texans ownership.

That settlement didn't happen, the relationship between the Texans and Watson soured, and now the floodgates opened.

I don't see why that sounds egregious. Teams sit on stories all the time involving current players. Then when they leave, it all comes out.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:10 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:24 am
Kelldon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:56 am

Im not defending Watson or saying he isnt culpable. What I am saying is that it is convenient that this comes out as Watson is leveraging his way out of Houston. Its very possible that SOMEONE knew about this BEFORE Watson began to demand his way out of Houston. These allegations muddied the already muddy waters in terms of Watson's football future. I just dont think its a coincidence. It happens all the time in sports where organizations look the other way until it no longer suits them....with Watson demanding his way out, I think its reasonable to believe that if Watson is guilty then the Texans are too - and with mounting evidence, it seems like he is pretty guilty.
So we know one of the 2 following is true:

1) HOU wants Watson to remain as the face of its franchise, or
2) HOU wants to optimize its trade capital in moving Watson.

And somehow you think the way they and/or someone who is deeply involved with them thinks the best way to accomplish one of these two objectives is to promote the idea that he is a serial sex offender?

That’s some serious tinfoil hat stuff you’ve got going on there.