The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:20 pm

I just got him and a future 3rd for a future 2nd.

Down he goes!

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:01 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:20 pm I just got him and a future 3rd for a future 2nd.

Down he goes!
Man, why? I’ve been in panic mode longer than the majority, but that’s silliness. Even if you wanna just get out, which I understand, why take such a piddly deal? Nice deal for you, lol
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:35 am

honcho55 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:01 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:20 pm I just got him and a future 3rd for a future 2nd.

Down he goes!
Man, why? I’ve been in panic mode longer than the majority, but that’s silliness. Even if you wanna just get out, which I understand, why take such a piddly deal? Nice deal for you, lol
I read this as poster acquired Watson in this trade
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:38 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:35 am

Down he goes!
+1

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:52 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:38 am

+1
Yes, me too. Poor wording on my part. The “wtf, why?” Would be directed at the guy that gave him up. “Nice deal for you” at the end wasn’t sarcastic haha.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:52 am

honcho55 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:52 am

+1
Yes, me too. Poor wording on my part. The “wtf, why?” Would be directed at the guy that gave him up. “Nice deal for you” at the end wasn’t sarcastic haha.
The guy really just wanted to get rid of him. It’s a league where I really needed Q too so I hope he gets out of this unscathed.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:52 am
honcho55 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:52 am

+1
The guy really just wanted to get rid of him. It’s a league where I really needed Q too so I hope he gets out of this unscathed.
He could miss a full year and you still won this trade
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:50 pm

The Houston Police Department has opened an investigation on Deshaun Watson.

In addition to the 20 civil lawsuits, a Jane Doe has officially filed a police report on Watson. This allows the police department to investigate the allegations and provides some clarity to Watson's attorney. Both the investigation and the civil disputes are expected to drag out, and the NFL can suspend Watson without a guilty charge or plead. Those in the NFL don't expect Watson to be traded by the NFL Draft, but that's obviously a secondary concern for Watson and his alleged victims. The Houston Police Department said they will not comment on the investigation.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:48 am

Well, there goes the “no police interest” defense.

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:48 am Well, there goes the “no police interest” defense.
It was going to happen either from a filed complaint or community pressure. Buzbee called HPD out and Watson side welcomed an investigation.
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:25 pm

I think this is an interesting time for this to be coming out about Watson. Right in the middle of a standoff between him and the Texans front office. Something here isn’t sitting right with me....
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:45 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:25 pm I think this is an interesting time for this to be coming out about Watson. Right in the middle of a standoff between him and the Texans front office. Something here isn’t sitting right with me....
Sorry coog, but the Texans aren't sabatoging one of the most important players in the history of their organization to gain an edge in a standoff. It benefits them none if he has criminal charges.

Stop with the lunacy.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:25 pm I think this is an interesting time for this to be coming out about Watson. Right in the middle of a standoff between him and the Texans front office. Something here isn’t sitting right with me....
Like I said earlier in the thread, there are people in the NFL who act in the best interest of owners without always being told to. They do damage control on things like this. It would've hurt more for these allegations to drop during the season. I would bet that some of these women tried to file lawsuits last year.

It's not a coincidence that all of them are coming out at the same time....around the time there was first a private, then public breakup between Watson and the Texans. People are saying there's nothing for the Texans to gain by doing this and that's true, but it's really all about power and ego, and reminding a player where he stands while he's "quitting" on your organization.

But at this point, it seems clear there is a lot of juice to the story.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 am
Like I said earlier in the thread, there are people in the NFL who act in the best interest of owners without always being told to. They do damage control on things like this. It would've hurt more for these allegations to drop during the season. I would bet that some of these women tried to file lawsuits last year.

It's not a coincidence that all of them are coming out at the same time....around the time there was first a private, then public breakup between Watson and the Texans. People are saying there's nothing for the Texans to gain by doing this and that's true, but it's really all about power and ego, and reminding a player where he stands while he's "quitting" on your organization.

If it's found out that anyone affiliated with the Texans attempted to sabatoge Watson, the owner would be forced to sell his team immediately. Nothing is impossible, but it would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:46 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:51 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 am

If it's found out that anyone affiliated with the Texans attempted to sabatoge Watson, the owner would be forced to sell his team immediately. Nothing is impossible, but it would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do.
Agreed that it’s the stupidest thing they could possibly do.

However, the prior post reminded me of an episode of McAfee’s show, where they were talking to the ex-GM of ....the Marlins? I was shocked to hear the amount of manipulation they do with journalists. They have key guys that they feed info to in exchange for them also publishing BS stuff if the team wants/needs to trade/cut a fan favorite.