The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:34 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:22 pm I see this going the way of a very public apology where he says something along the lines of "I thought that my actions were consensual and well received but I can see now these women did not and for that I take ownership", he settles with them monetarily, gets some counseling (possibly for sex addiction), sits a few games and if he stays on the straight and narrow it's forgotten in a couple of years.

But there are way too many women involved now for this to just blow over now. I think he is definitely going to see some type of suspension or he voluntarily checks himself into rehab and misses some time. I would fade him in redraft this year, but I don't think what we currently have hurts his dynasty value that much long term.
He’s not going to do that ... it would amount to admitting to 20+ counts of sexual assault. Right now, if this stays a civil issue, then he pays the women off & gets their silence. If it becomes a criminal issue, it could very well end his career.

Draftnik
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Draftnik » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:41 pm

I'm just here waiting to watch what stupid move Watson and his defense team pull next.

The SI article is particularly bad because it's from someone who is not involved in the suit despite being offered to.

If there is truth to going through his IG messages and deleting them, that's a dumb decision on his part because of the precarious position it puts him in.

In terms of fantasy, I don't see him getting traded this year and would not be surprised if he ultimately ends up on the exempt list.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:42 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:34 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:22 pm I see this going the way of a very public apology where he says something along the lines of "I thought that my actions were consensual and well received but I can see now these women did not and for that I take ownership", he settles with them monetarily, gets some counseling (possibly for sex addiction), sits a few games and if he stays on the straight and narrow it's forgotten in a couple of years.

But there are way too many women involved now for this to just blow over now. I think he is definitely going to see some type of suspension or he voluntarily checks himself into rehab and misses some time. I would fade him in redraft this year, but I don't think what we currently have hurts his dynasty value that much long term.
He’s not going to do that ... it would amount to admitting to 20+ counts of sexual assault. Right now, if this stays a civil issue, then he pays the women off & gets their silence. If it becomes a criminal issue, it could very well end his career.
This. Currently, things are civil. If there is evidence to take this criminal (and local jurisdictions might take it up, not necessarily this clown attorney) then it's a game changer.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:34 pm

It's the same line many celebrities (most notably Kobe Bryant) used in their cases. No criminal convictions came of it and they settled out of court. He is basically admitting to being a creep, but not a criminal. It's a fine line here, but this happens regularly in these celebrity sex harassment/sex assault cases.

One of the latest women doesn't even want money, she just wants an apology. Apparently a lot of the women aren't even asking for large sums of money. If they want some sort of public apology and they will fade away in the distance then you better offer that up. If they aren't going to testify in a criminal trial, without video evidence you can't even bring a criminal case. Nobody wants to go to court over a he said she said case. Those are virtually impossible to convict.

When there are 19 different women involved the whole deny deny deny plea is out the window.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:10 am

I don't think he plays at all in 2021 at this point. There is no soon to be end in sight for this, combined with the holdout, it feels like he will be back in 2022 with a new team.

sconnie21
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sconnie21 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:19 pm

12 team ppr dynasty 1 qb

Traded Watson for Jordan love 2.2 and 2022 second
12 team dynasty ppr (qb rb wr wr we/te te fx fx df) ...... 27 man rosters and switch to superflex in 25

Qb Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, Trey Lance, Herndon Hooker, Malik Willis
Rb - Ken Walker, pollard, Stevenson, Aaron Jones, Dillon,
Wr - D Smith, Nacua, Dell, Jeudy, JSN, Addison, Butks Jameson Williams, Dotson , Copeland,
Te - pitts, Njoku, Kraft
D - packers,

2024 1.4 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
2025 7 firsts and 7 seconds 1 fourth
2026 6 firsts and 6 seconds 1 fourth

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:36 pm

sconnie21 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:19 pm 12 team ppr dynasty 1 qb

Why would anyone trade Watson for 2 2nd round picks? There's got to be more to this trade.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:31 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:36 pm

Why would anyone trade Watson for 2 2nd round picks? There's got to be more to this trade.
So not sure if you've heard, but Watson has some lawsuit issues, and with it being a 1QB 2 2nds actaully seems pretty reasonable if someone wants to get out of that situation.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am

abloom wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:31 am

So not sure if you've heard, but Watson has some lawsuit issues, and with it being a 1QB 2 2nds actaully seems pretty reasonable if someone wants to get out of that situation.
Still seems like an awfully low deal to accept 6 months before the season starts when no action has been taken against him (other than civilly). Guess I'm in the pool that this will blow over. He can still play at an elite level so exceptions will be made for him. This isn't a Ray Rice situation where a scandal derails an already faltering career.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:53 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am

Still seems like an awfully low deal to accept 6 months before the season starts when no action has been taken against him (other than civilly). Guess I'm in the pool that this will blow over. He can still play at an elite level so exceptions will be made for him. This isn't a Ray Rice situation where a scandal derails an already faltering career.
Surprised Love is even on a roster in 1 QB leagues. Must have pretty big rosters.

Yo should get a good rookie QB at 2.2 if you decide to use that pick on a QB.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:06 am

At this point I agree. This isn't a redraft forum, its dynasty oriented. At his age, he is still a very valuable asset regardless of his short term outlook.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:15 pm

There was more, he also got Jordan Love. (Heavy sarcasm)

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:09 pm

SF, sure I agree. 1qb, I barely have mahomes as a 1st rounder. It's just not worth it when other QBs can cobble together qb1 seasons.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 pm

This is not going to age well. Even if Watson loses a season
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:34 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 pm

This is not going to age well. Even if Watson loses a season
In 1 QB?

Meh it's fine IMO