The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:57 pm

This sounds fishy, 1 way or another.

Why would an elite athlete be hiring someone that has never done a massage before?

I have a friend who does sports massages for athletes. Some of the Rams are her clients. She has spent YEARS working her way up to that sort of clientele in a very professional manner.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:50 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:57 pm This sounds fishy, 1 way or another.

Why would an elite athlete be hiring someone that has never done a massage before?

I have a friend who does sports massages for athletes. Some of the Rams are her clients. She has spent YEARS working her way up to that sort of clientele in a very professional manner.
I bring everyone's attention back to the potential of "massages."

Also:
WATSON SAID HE WANTED TO “KNOW [HIS] SURROUNDINGS.” PLAINTIFF ASSURED HER THAT IT WOULD JUST BE HER. WATSON ARRIVED AT PLAINTIFF’S HOUSE AND ASKED WHERE THEY WOULD SET UP. PLAINTIFF STARTED SETTING UP THE MASSAGE TABLE WHEN WATSON STARTED TO IMMEDIATELY UNDRESS AND TAKE OFF HIS CLOTHES WITH PLAINTIFF IN THE ROOM.
:eh: This attorney isn't making things easy to believe.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:05 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:57 pm This sounds fishy, 1 way or another.

Not saying this applies in this particular case, but hypothetically, he saw her picture online and set this up. The focus may not have been the massage itself.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:23 pm

He hired someone that had never given a massage before?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:23 pm He hired someone that had never given a massage before?
Yeah, this is the really weird part. I mean, I guess she had a massage table, asked what areas needed attention, what type of oils he liked, but she'd never given a massage before? I don't know what to make of that. Unless she was just starting her business or something.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:34 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:51 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:23 pm He hired someone that had never given a massage before?
Yeah, this is the really weird part. I mean, I guess she had a massage table, asked what areas needed attention, what type of oils he liked, but she'd never given a massage before? I don't know what to make of that. Unless she was just starting her business or something.
His attorney is going to shred that one to pieces. Rightfully so. I have no idea about his guilt or innocence in the matter, but this testimony sounds utterly ridiculous.

"Ive never given a Swedish massage before, I thought it was standard procedure to jerk off a star Quarterback". WTF
Last edited by jordanzs on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:35 pm

Not unusual to me. Before Covid I knew people who were working to get a massage certification to augment income. One person was offering free massages so they could learn after they finished the training program. Not a stretch from that example I know to the hypothetical you suggest.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:41 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:35 pm
Not unusual to me. Before Covid I knew people who were working to get a massage certification to augment income. One person was offering free massages so they could learn after they finished the training program. Not a stretch from that example I know to the hypothetical you suggest.
And what are the chances that once you purchase all that equipment, your very first massage customer happens to be the star QB of the state of Texas, and you end of jerking him off? Any sane person has to call BS on that story, right?

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:49 pm

Did Watson violate any NFL COVID protocols with his multiple massages throughout the year? I think for any Houston area massages, he is ok, but not sure about massages while he was on travel, I thought he was suppose to keep to himself while traveling.

I only bring this up as the NFL will look for any reason to suspend Watson if for nothing else the optics of the whole situation.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:03 pm

Something to watch for sure.
Last edited by Mike from Canada on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:15 pm

It's not hypothetical, it's from her sworn affidavit. So it's actually what she alleges went down, and how it happened. Nothing hypothetical about it. It's her own words, sworn to be truthful. Now she may have just finished her certification, a totally valid point. Just seems odd that your very first massage would be for the starting QB of the Houston Texans. But I guess we all have to start somewhere.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:26 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:15 pm

It's not hypothetical, it's from her sworn affidavit. So it's actually what she alleges went down, and how it happened. Nothing hypothetical about it. It's her own words, sworn to be truthful. Now she may have just finished her certification, a totally valid point. Just seems odd that your very first massage would be for the starting QB of the Houston Texans. But I guess we all have to start somewhere.
Devi'ls advocate here - maybe THAT'S 1) his thing 2) how he can do stuff like this and get away with it? Just a thought.

Another thought.... what's the chances this newly certified novice "massage therapist" has 230498324029384 comments with fire + peach emojis on every picture?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:59 pm

WATSON AND PLAINTIFF DISCUSSED SCHEDULING AND SCHEDULED A MASSAGE TO TAKE PLACE AT PLAINTIFF’S HOUSE. PRIOR TO THE MASSAGE, WATSON AND PLAINTIFF SPOKE ON THE PHONE TO DISCUSS FOCUS AREAS.
I wonder how that conversation went?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:38 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:15 pm

Yeah, the hypothetical comment was on that last bit, about starting her business or something. My comment launched from that. I haven't even checked to see if there're images for these women. I could imagine (again, hypothetically) that a thorough search for masseuses on IG or whatever could get you some photos of attractive ones. If you're a starting therapist who was contacted by a person purporting to be a big-time athlete (regardless of if they contacted only because they think you're cute), why wouldn't you pursue the opportunity? It'd almost be a job interview- you do well, he could refer you to teammates, maybe even get you a job with the team.

A fair amount of speculation, yes, but how much do we really know right now?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:03 am

I do think it's time to panic at this point. This is not looking good and my guess is he will be moved to exempt list before too long.

One of the countless suits is from March of this year which is well after this all started.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts