The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:24 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:10 am Watson went to the house, put on a small towel to cover himself up
maybe he did a zapp brannigan...

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:03 am

I'm going to steer clear of the cultural/societal machinations that are at play in this whole issue and just say, yes, I would be even more panicked now than I was previously had I not sold off my shares.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:39 am

I have no idea if it’s true or now, but was told that the lawyer is a friends and possibly even a neighbor of the Texans owner. The whole thing just has me skeptical. I think I may go buying...

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:10 am

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:39 am I have no idea if it’s true or now, but was told that the lawyer is a friends and possibly even a neighbor of the Texans owner. The whole thing just has me skeptical. I think I may go buying...
To be skeptical is to be reasonable in this instance, at least with the information currently available. My fear in this is that reason seems to be something sorely lacking in general. Consumer perception becomes the merchant's reality, and the NFL is a huge merchant. If consumer (fan) perception becomes a particular thing; whether it's right or wrong, reasonable or unreasonable; that becomes a reality that the NFL has to either address to change or choose to live with. This is the kind of thing they will always address to change, so if it goes much further than where it currently is, I would expect Goodell will be getting involved.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:29 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:39 am I have no idea if it’s true or now, but was told that the lawyer is a friends and possibly even a neighbor of the Texans owner. The whole thing just has me skeptical. I think I may go buying...
I have actually met the lawyer. He is pretty much a local celebrity who has become very successful. While hard to say what fame does, I will say he came off as a legit person.

I don't think proximity to the owner means anything other than they both have tons of money but who knows for sure.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Buy the dip, imo. I just acquired Watson in a 12-team SF 2TE + TEP league.

Gave: Stafford + ARob
Got: Watson + Engram + Tyler Johnson
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:15 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:29 pm
I have actually met the lawyer. He is pretty much a local celebrity who has become very successful. While hard to say what fame does, I will say he came off as a legit person.

I don't think proximity to the owner means anything other than they both have tons of money but who knows for sure.
Sourcing additional claims and info via Instagram, added in with the Texans owners comments prior about "inmates running the prison", and his own tweets DO make this a bit fishy. That being said, sexual harassment etc. need to be taken seriously.

I do agree that the league may get involved. I would expect a counter suit by Watson if it's BS.

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/sta ... 12/photo/1

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Reunion with Fuller in Miami?

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:04 pm

Albright says there are 9 lawsuits filed now with 4 in the works; there could be 13 women at least filing against Deshaun and now the NFL has opened up an investigation working with Buzzby to see what's up. It's not looking good

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:15 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Sourcing additional claims and info via Instagram, added in with the Texans owners comments prior about "inmates running the prison", and his own tweets DO make this a bit fishy. That being said, sexual harassment etc. need to be taken seriously.

I do agree that the league may get involved. I would expect a counter suit by Watson if it's BS.

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/sta ... 12/photo/1
FYI while the inmates running the asylum is southern type cultural phrase it is important to note that Bob McNair died in 2018 and his wife Janice is the actual owner and she didn't make those comments. I get today many would think it's a racial thing but in reality all races are represented in the prison system. Regardless, that is not really relevant to this issue given those comments were long ago made by a dead person.

No doubt Watson will file counter lawsuits and No doubt the NFL will investigate this just like the Robert Kraft massage parlor incident.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:08 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:25 pm FYI while the inmates running the asylum is southern type cultural phrase
Right, (I’m not even sure it’s exclusively southern, I heard it growing up up north) but they said “inmates running the prison” instead.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:50 pm

You have to recall that was said in the wake of the Kaepernick situation. It was a bad comment on his intention, bad timing, which made it that much worse.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:12 pm

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 pm

I doubt Watson was feeling offended by the comments of the dead owner “inmates running the prison” while he was signing his contract with 75 million guaranteed.

But don't let Watson make team executive decisions like hiring his choice of GM and coach, that's where he draws the line.

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:28 am

Seems to be slipping into the second round of Superflex startups. Overreaction?