Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Russell Wilson/Seahawks Split?

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 am
ravn88 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:16 am Tyler Lockett getting a 4 year 69 mil deal.

I not sure I get what they are doing in Seattle.

When Wilson can make Dissly, a viable receiving TE, and Metcalf an instant top WR, why do you pay RB and WR.

Spend the money on Defense and OL and draft RBs and WRs once their Rookie deals expires.
Maybe take a flyers on cheap RBs and Wrs.
They are making Russ a happy man is what they are doing. I think this Wilson trade talk can end now. Russ would have been mad if they let Lockett walk. They also gave him a weapon in Everett. They are fully caving to Wilson. This offense is going to be fun.
I'm not sure I agree that they are fully caving to Wilson. But I absolutely agree that they are trying to make him happy. It would not surprise me in the least to learn that Russ lobbied for a Lockett extension. While teams may like rookie friendly contracts for cap purposes, QB's like a little continuity. He and Lockett know each other very well, and work well together. Lockett and DK also compliment each other.

I also like the Everett signing, as he knows the offensive scheme Seattle will employ in 2021 coming from the Rams. His addition is so much better than the failed Jimmy Graham/Greg Olsen experiments.

Gabe Jackson is a nice addition to the O-line, and I imagine they're not quite done there yet. Overall, I like the direction the team has taken this offseason so far. I'm curious to see what they do with the draft, and if there are any July/August cuts that pique their interest.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:58 pm

ravn88 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:36 pm But i doubt, it will provide more wins
Tough to do much better than 12-4. If they can match that record, against what projects as a tougher schedule on paper, they'll be doing just fine.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 am
ravn88 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:16 am Tyler Lockett getting a 4 year 69 mil deal.

I not sure I get what they are doing in Seattle.

When Wilson can make Dissly, a viable receiving TE, and Metcalf an instant top WR, why do you pay RB and WR.

Spend the money on Defense and OL and draft RBs and WRs once their Rookie deals expires.
Maybe take a flyers on cheap RBs and Wrs.
They are making Russ a happy man is what they are doing. I think this Wilson trade talk can end now. Russ would have been mad if they let Lockett walk. They also gave him a weapon in Everett. They are fully caving to Wilson. This offense is going to be fun.
I'm not sure I agree that they are fully caving to Wilson. But I absolutely agree that they are trying to make him happy. It would not surprise me in the least to learn that Russ lobbied for a Lockett extension. While teams may like rookie friendly contracts for cap purposes, QB's like a little continuity. He and Lockett know each other very well, and work well together. Lockett and DK also compliment each other.

I also like the Everett signing, as he knows the offensive scheme Seattle will employ in 2021 coming from the Rams. His addition is so much better than the failed Jimmy Graham/Greg Olsen experiments.

Gabe Jackson is a nice addition to the O-line, and I imagine they're not quite done there yet. Overall, I like the direction the team has taken this offseason so far. I'm curious to see what they do with the draft, and if there are any July/August cuts that pique their interest.
Sounds like we agree for the most part but what would you consider fully caving? They also tried to go after some O lineman in free agency if i remember correctly. All i know is i think this is all very good for the Lockett/ Dk Shares, it doesnt seem like russ is going to go anywhere now.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:17 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 am Sounds like we agree for the most part but what would you consider fully caving? They also tried to go after some O lineman in free agency if i remember correctly. All i know is i think this is all very good for the Lockett/ Dk Shares, it doesnt seem like russ is going to go anywhere now.
He isn't going anywhere this year for sure, but I don't know about long term. It does seem Wilson wants to play the style of football Seattle showed the first 8 Weeks of 2020, not the style they played for the second half of the year. Carroll prefers the opposite. I just think at some point, one or the other's preference is going to have to give.

That's what I meant by not "fully" caving to Russ's wishes. He isn't going to be calling the shots on offense.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:57 pm

887A98FA-2961-4D05-80EA-6E1D860727C6.jpeg
887A98FA-2961-4D05-80EA-6E1D860727C6.jpeg (189.21 KiB) Viewed 773 times
Off topic, but a league mate of mine sent this around yesterday in the group thread. Had half the league panicked for about 5 mins until people started checking their calendar! Lol

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:16 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:29 pm To me, any NFL team hiring Brian Schottenheimer as their OC these days is clueless. Wilson, as you mentioned, makes these guys look decent, just because of his ability to improvise.

It feels like most great coaches don't revert their style when defenses figure them out for a few games. They just add wrinkles to the foundation and look to execute better. Carroll runs away and uses it as an excuse to play more conservative.

Russ just needs to get to a good offensive mind at this point.
Anyone who is excited to draft Trevor Lawrence high needs to remember that Schottenheimer and Darrell Bevell are the innovative offensive minds that Urban Meyer has bought in to work with him. Frankly the staff the Jags have put together through Baalke, Cullen at DC and Meyer himself is a pretty underwhelming one to see put around Lawrence.

Apologies for the tangent, as I know this is a Seahawks thread, but I don’t see anyone discussing this.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:19 pm

failblazer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:16 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:29 pm To me, any NFL team hiring Brian Schottenheimer as their OC these days is clueless. Wilson, as you mentioned, makes these guys look decent, just because of his ability to improvise.

It feels like most great coaches don't revert their style when defenses figure them out for a few games. They just add wrinkles to the foundation and look to execute better. Carroll runs away and uses it as an excuse to play more conservative.

Anyone who is excited to draft Trevor Lawrence high needs to remember that Schottenheimer and Darrell Bevell are the innovative offensive minds that Urban Meyer has bought in to work with him. Frankly the staff the Jags have put together through Baalke, Cullen at DC and Meyer himself is a pretty underwhelming one to see put around Lawrence.

Apologies for the tangent, as I know this is a Seahawks thread, but I don’t see anyone discussing this.
It wasn't a bad tangent at all. A pretty interesting point to bring up actually! And besides, both guys are former Hawks, so there's that!

I said earlier in the thread that Schotty was the scapegoat for 2020 and still believe that. He's not the most amazing offensive mind, but he did have Seattle's offense humming pretty well at the beginning of last season. And most would have said before the second half of the year that Seattle had done a pretty good job generating offense the last few seasons.

Things went south when Pete decided to reign in the offense because he felt his defense was ready to control the game. He was incorrect. He also wanted to revert to his conservative ways, because Russ had begun throwing too many interceptions. This wasn't all on Schottenheimer.

In fact, we know the two parted ways over "A difference in philosophy". I.E. Schotty wants to pass, I want to run. You do you Pete. I think Lawrence will be able to do just fine in Jacksonville, and wouldn't worry about him being ruined by his coaches or coordinators.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:51 am

failblazer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:16 am

It boggles my mind tha Schottenheimer continues to fail upward into jobs. Bevell, not as bad, but still not someone I'd want getting the first taste of an all-time QB prospect.

I said it in one of these threads, but whoever goes to San Francisco is getting the best situation in terms of coaching staff, scheme, and playcalling (all of which are important for QB success) to develop.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 am

NFL Research: Russell Wilson joins Peyton Manning as the only QBs with 100+ wins in their first 10 seasons.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:17 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 am NFL Research: Russell Wilson joins Peyton Manning as the only QBs with 100+ wins in their first 10 seasons.
Russell Wilson might just be THE best real life QB currently playing in the NFL.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:06 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:17 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 am NFL Research: Russell Wilson joins Peyton Manning as the only QBs with 100+ wins in their first 10 seasons.
Russell Wilson might just be THE best real life QB currently playing in the NFL.
I'd disagree pretty strongly with that. He's not consistent enough. If I'm taking a QB for one season, I don't know if Russ is even in my top five. Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers above him for sure. Young guys like Kyler/Dak/Allen too, maybe.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Its a pretty useless stat tbh. So much of that has to do with situation. He's currently 5th in win percantage among active players, around 15 all time. Not bad at all, but when you put it like that, its not some incredible achievement that vaults him above his competitors. A lot of guys don't play their first year, or they miss a game here and there, or an entire season. a guy like Brady didn't even play his first year in the league, if you counted years as a starter I think he would have been around like 120 or something

Wilson has been blessed with his health (even with how many sacks he takes) and he came into a perfect situation as a rookie with a good defense and a smart HC. Not trying to take anything away from the guy, he's a really good QB. I just hate stats like these lol.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:58 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:06 pm
I'd disagree pretty strongly with that. He's not consistent enough. If I'm taking a QB for one season, I don't know if Russ is even in my top five. Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers above him for sure. Young guys like Kyler/Dak/Allen too, maybe.
To be fair I think the hawks have done Russ a major disservice during his tenure. They have always relied heavily on Russ' playmaking/scrambling ability to mask their Online that has been absolute shambles for over half a decade now it feels. And they have never had and OC that really has had an offensive scheme that highlights Russ. The hawks have and apparently forever will be a heavily run based offense. Also iirc there has been a *major* reduction in Seattle's use of RPOs which was the bread and butter of that superbowl team. The draw down is likely because beastmode is no more, and with Russ' near chronic ankle injuries fewer runs means fewer bumps which means longer career. Last year when Russ has the reigns off he was and early favourite/candidate for MVP. I love coach Pete, he knows how to get the most out of guys, but he is no Sean McVay/Reid/Arians. Now is it because Russ is incapable of being QB/OC like Manning that he isn't getting that level of responsibility, idk. But if I could have any coach and QB I'm going McVay and Russ. But there are so many compelling arguments for any of the other top tier guys there is no clear answer and never will be.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:05 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:58 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:06 pm

To be fair I think the hawks have done Russ a major disservice during his tenure. They have always relied heavily on Russ' playmaking/scrambling ability to mask their Online that has been absolute shambles for over half a decade now it feels. And they have never had and OC that really has had an offensive scheme that highlights Russ. The hawks have and apparently forever will be a heavily run based offense. Also iirc there has been a *major* reduction in Seattle's use of RPOs which was the bread and butter of that superbowl team. The draw down is likely because beastmode is no more, and with Russ' near chronic ankle injuries fewer runs means fewer bumps which means longer career. Last year when Russ has the reigns off he was and early favourite/candidate for MVP. I love coach Pete, he knows how to get the most out of guys, but he is no Sean McVay/Reid/Arians. Now is it because Russ is incapable of being QB/OC like Manning that he isn't getting that level of responsibility, idk. But if I could have any coach and QB I'm going McVay and Russ. But there are so many compelling arguments for any of the other top tier guys there is no clear answer and never will be.
I've watched a lot of SEA games over the years, and his O line hasn't been great. But a lot of the sacks he takes are self inflicted, I don't think they're hiding their o line behind his playmaking ability, I think he needs to learn to get the ball out faster, and throw it away sometimes.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:21 pm

I feel like they don't run any screen plays. Also, why not get Dissly and Everett going? Block and release.