Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Russell Wilson/Seahawks Split?

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:44 am

Ice wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:26 am
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:04 am I would be shocked if Dallas had any interest in trading Dak for him considering Dak is 5 years younger and looked just as good as him before injury last season. Doesn't seem like a worthwhile move.

As a Russ owner, I'm not thrilled that he might be on the move. I think there are more than a few landing spots that would hurt his fantasy production going forward.
Agree. That wouldn't help Dallas. They would have to turnaround and renegotiate Wilson's deal anyway due to Cap issues.
1- If they're not convinced Dak is actually a top tier QB,they could let him go, like Washington and Cousins. Alternately, just heard Peter King said the Jones' may have to resign themselves that Dak just wants to test the market like Cousins did. There has to be value for one QB wanting to be on the team while the other doesn't seem fully committed to the team long term.
2- Dallas is actually one of the top teams in terms of cap space this year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:10 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:04 am I would be shocked if Dallas had any interest in trading Dak for him considering Dak is 5 years younger and looked just as good as him before injury last season. Doesn't seem like a worthwhile move.

As a Russ owner, I'm not thrilled that he might be on the move. I think there are more than a few landing spots that would hurt his fantasy production going forward.
Agree. That wouldn't help Dallas. They would have to turnaround and renegotiate Wilson's deal anyway due to Cap issues.
No they wouldn't, his contract would become very palatable for any team trading for him and Seattle would be bit with a big cap charge for trading him, a new team wouldn't be responsible for the cap hit on his signing bonus. Trading Dak for Russ would be a big win for Dallas' cap, but would be an absolutely massive hit for Seattle between Wilson's dead cap hit and Dak's cap hit for a new contract or Tag.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:25 pm

RB6 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 pm
Vendetta wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:39 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am what would Seattle get in return if NO could somehow make the cap work?
Alvin Kamara?
That wouldn’t even get the conversation started. This isn’t fantasy.
i loled at that
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:44 am

1- If they're not convinced Dak is actually a top tier QB,they could let him go, like Washington and Cousins. Alternately, just heard Peter King said the Jones' may have to resign themselves that Dak just wants to test the market like Cousins did. There has to be value for one QB wanting to be on the team while the other doesn't seem fully committed to the team long term.
2- Dallas is actually one of the top teams in terms of cap space this year.
Cap issues are a year 2 -3 concern which is obvious. Wilson's cap hit would be less this year than Dak's F-Tag but his cap number rises as the years go by.

Dallas would be foolish to give Dak and compensation to get an older QB. That compensation would have to go the other direction. Not happening IMO

Dallas isn't letting Dak go this year. That would be really stupid. BTW who is really convinced Dak is top tier and how deep is that tier if you think he is? Dak is probably around 10th.

Dak wants 40 million or so and a short term deal. Dallas may give him a short term deal via the tag. If he turns out great in 2021 he can write his ticket, if not Dallas can sign him for his new market if they desire.

What Dallas and several teams are probably thinking about is giving a QB 27 million up front only to have them threaten the team after they cash a check that they want out. Many QB's seem to want it both ways. I haven't seen Watson offering to give the money back, have you?

Teams are going to go slow with mid level QB's in the future is my opinion. Outside of Brady, Mahomes, Allen, and Stafford it's getting hard to determine which QB / Team relatonships are really solid on both sides.

Teams lost on Goff, Wentz and now it seems Wilson and Watson. Why put such a high percentage in the cap for a QB? .....I get people siding with QB unfettered rights but thinking this is actually good for the league is short sided IMO. The Cowboys offered fair market already. Both sides are playing it out. I think he signs but who really knows.

The cap is dropping significantly this season and may drop again next season.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:20 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48 pm Cap issues are a year 2 -3 concern which is obvious. Wilson's cap hit would be less this year than Dak's F-Tag but his cap number rises as the years go by.
His cap hit goes up because of the signing bonus being spread out over the length of the contract, but it's already been paid so if he's traded that hits Seattle's cap all at once rather than over the next 3 years. He's got a $19-$22M base salary each of the next 3 years, with a $5M roster bonus in both '22 and '23 and a potential $6M escalator for performance bonuses in '23. So over the next 3 years he's due a total of $76M (if he gets the entire $6M escalator) for an AAV of $25.3M, which would be an absolute bargain for a HOF QB in the middle of his prime and far less than the Cowboys would be on the hook for with a Dak extension. So they would get a better QB for a smaller cap hit, pretty much a no-brainer for the Cowboys if a straight swap was on the table. It would make no sense for Seattle though as they would be looking at a GIGANTIC dead cap hit in a year the cap is going to be down quite a bit.

Contract details

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... lson-9885/

Article that breaks down most of the implications for both sides

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/russ ... y-bonuses/

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm

A more realistic trade proposal from Saints would be 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Taysom, and Lattimore for Wilson.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:26 pm

Kelldon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm A more realistic trade proposal from Saints would be 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Taysom, and Lattimore for Wilson.
That wouldn't be close to enough, the picks are very late, Taysom isn't a real QB and Lattimore will require an extension (probably largest CB contract in the league) on top of the huge hit Seattle will take for trading Wilson. Any trade would have to include a legitimate starting QB or draft pick to draft a top QB prospect to make it even a consideration.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:35 pm

As a Saints fan I am hoping we don't go after Wilson especially for anymore than I posted. That is why I said "more" realistic instead of saying likely. What the Saints would likely have to give up would not be a good move and would hurt the team.
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm

It's not realistic though, and adding a HOF QB would not hurt the team almost regardless of the price, they have exponentially more impact than any other position on the field. But good luck with Taysom...
Last edited by bjd5211 on Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:42 pm

It aint happening. I can see it with the level of animosity between Watson and HOU, but these fractures between Russ and the Hawks I dont think go as deep and will be mended (dear god please get Russ and Oline, 3 second of quality pocket protection plus another 5 second of Russ making it happen on his own? Cmon that would be deadly. Hawks have done Russ dirty because he is so great he could shoulder it, and it was understandable when we had a defense that was top 5 all time. But now we have no defense, no Oline, and somehow quite limited cap space (4 Million below the limit).
I think a large part of that is lingering cap stuff regarding the massive extensions given out after 2013 or so, so hopefully the Hawks can bide their time with Russ and really build him a fortress in the coming years with some fresh cap to throw around.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:57 pm

I never said realistic or likely. I said a "more" realistic offer than the previous one stated. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough for anyone. Between what Saints would have to give up in trade and with cap the team would practically be gutted and without multiple high picks. Highly highly doubt it happens and I will be glad that it doesn't.
Fffaceoff.com

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:21 pm

The window for players is pretty short and egos are big. Wilson wants his day in the sun. Pete wants to do what has worked for him in his 30 plus years in coaching. I think if I were Seattle, I would let Pete go. It's time and the writing is on the wall.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:31 pm

Probably going to have to be Pete's team, or Wilson's team at some point.

I really wouldn't have thought it would come to this. But since coming into the league Wilson has been kind of a "Bull Durham" type quote. Always saying the "right" thing, never throwing players, coaches, or teammates under the bus. But under that veneer of aw-shucks team friendliness burns the fire of a competitor.

The guy is a Top-5 QB in the league, and he doesn't want to hand the ball off 30-35 times a game. He wants to play for a team that will let him air it out more, and it certainly doesn't appear that's the direction the coaching staff prefers. I don't necessarily think a trade will get done this offseason. But next year? I wouldn't bet anything meaningful on Wilson finishing his career in Seattle at this point as long as Carroll is the coach.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:23 pm

I really have no idea how likely/unlikely it is that Wilson gets dealt, but either way these rumors have me feeling really good about turning down a CMC+ for DK++ offer. I’d be far more invested in this drama otherwise.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:27 pm

With Watt’s signing, I bet Russell’s agent is in their office now demanding a trade. 🤣