James Conner

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: James Connor

Postby abloom » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:55 am

Will Pit offense be better? Sure, assuming Ben is back and healthy. If not, they will probably have to go grab an available FA in the QB market to start for them (atleast there are some decent options for that). After what rudolph did last year, they may add some type of FA anyways.

As for Connor, he has to stay healthy. As long as he doesn't he will always cede work to the other backs. I don't think that Pit will make a splash for a FA or rookie RB, but you never know. I wouldn't be suprised to see Snell cut a little bit more into the RB role
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:44 pm

I feel like the 2019 season defined more of the players around Connor than anything else. Jaylen Samuel isn't a threat for overtaking a bell cow role, Snell didn't appear to be a threat for 3rd downs....so ultimately the only player on their roster the can play all 3 downs good/well is Connor. All 3 are serviceable, and personally I don't think RB is the top of their list for FA/Draft needs. Connor needs a full season under his belt in 2020 and I think he is their guy for awhile. Scheme/history suggests it, and they love the kid and his story.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:05 pm

I'm going to go the other way, I've seen decent RB's mocked to the Steelers in multiple draft mocks this offseason - DeAndre Swift a couple times, no less... added to that, they were kicking the tires on potentially trading for Leveon Bell back from the Jets. If they were happy with the guys they have, then they wouldn't even be thinking about doing that.

As for Connor, I just don't believe in him staying healthy. I would sell if I had any shares, personally. I do not believe.
Last edited by mild on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:05 pm

He is almost assuredly to be their bell cow next season. Health is a concern but that is the same for any RB year over year.

Conner doesn't turn 25 until May and he has solid vision, power, good O Line, and receiving skills. Needs a healthy season but he is a legit RB1.

With Ben back his numbers should improve. Conner is the type of player that has more actual value than trade value so beware of selling too cheap.

While they like most teams will probably add a RB, I doubt it will be early enough to get anyone that will realistically challenge him for the starting job. They have way more pressing needs than at RB.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm

mild wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:05 pm I'm going to go the other way, I've seen decent RB's mocked to the Steelers in multiple draft mocks this offseason - DeAndre Swift a couple times, no less... added to that, they were kicking the tires on potentially trading for Leveon Bell back from the Jets. If they were happy with the guys they have, then they wouldn't even be thinking about doing that.

As for Connor, I just don't believe in him staying healthy. I would sell if I had any shares, personally. I do not believe.
That should have zero bearing on the actual outcome, TBH. It's literally no different than you or I suggesting a certain player might be drafted to a certain team. It's cool that you think that, you could be right, but a mock draft having a RB going there isn't really adding to the argument of them actually taking one, IMO. I would love a top end back to go to the Steelers, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:57 pm

A lot depends on if Ben is back in 2020. If not, it's a bad situation for all their RBs.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm

He's JAG who is currently in a good situation and may soon be out of that opportunity due to his inability to stay on the field, and the QB and OL are aging so the situation may not continue be as good as it has been.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm That should have zero bearing on the actual outcome, TBH. It's literally no different than you or I suggesting a certain player might be drafted to a certain team. It's cool that you think that, you could be right, but a mock draft having a RB going there isn't really adding to the argument of them actually taking one, IMO. I would love a top end back to go to the Steelers, though.
Yay lets fight some more about theoreticals! :lol: I'm just countering others in the thread who are saying "they won't be taking a top end back". If an analyst who literally mocks for a living thinks the Steelers could take one in Round 2, then there's reasonable sense to wonder why they might think that that's a fit.

I also gave a fairly good argument - the Steelers rumoured pursuit of Bell at the trade deadline - as to why that RB rotation might be less than settled. I do NOT think Connor is anything special, and I think people that are counting on him being the incumbent this year could end up being very disappointed.

Connor has played three years in the pros, and has had serious injuries in each season. If I was the GM, I would be thinking about adding insurance of some kind.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:26 pm

mild wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:08 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm That should have zero bearing on the actual outcome, TBH. It's literally no different than you or I suggesting a certain player might be drafted to a certain team. It's cool that you think that, you could be right, but a mock draft having a RB going there isn't really adding to the argument of them actually taking one, IMO. I would love a top end back to go to the Steelers, though.
Yay lets fight some more about theoreticals! :lol: I'm just countering others in the thread who are saying "they won't be taking a top end back". If an analyst who literally mocks for a living thinks the Steelers could take one in Round 2, then there's reasonable sense to wonder why they might think that that's a fit.

I also gave a fairly good argument - the Steelers rumoured pursuit of Bell at the trade deadline - as to why that RB rotation might be less than settled. I do NOT think Connor is anything special, and I think people that are counting on him being the incumbent this year could end up being very disappointed.

Connor has played three years in the pros, and has had serious injuries in each season. If I was the GM, I would be thinking about adding insurance of some kind.
Analysts who do mock drafts for a living don’t make their money by being correct. They make their money by getting clicks, or, in Mel Kiper’s case, they make their money by getting kickbacks from agents for mocking their guy in the first.

Pittsburgh doesn’t have a first or third round pick, has no cap space, doesn’t have a long term future at QB, and has bigger needs at more important positions like edge rusher (assuming Dupree leaves) and tight end. I guess they could take a RB in Round 2, but that seems monumentally dumb on their part.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:15 pm

zoster80 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:30 am I did a search and couldn’t find a thread on Connor. What do we think about this Guy and his situation in Pitt?

Is he still in the driver seat to be the starter in Pitt?
Will Pitt offense as a whole bounce back?
Are they going to draft anyone 2020?
What is his value in terms of picks or future picks?

The biggest question is..... do we have faith that he will finally stay healthy the whole season?
I still think he is a very good RB in a great situation. I do believe he is in the driver seat, but he is on a short leash.

I do believe the Pitt offense bounce's back with Big Ben.

I don't believe they'll spend high draft capital on a RB, but they could take one in the 4th or 5th, and its a deep enough class.

In terms of picks, I think a mid 1st is going rate.

I do not have much faith in his health, as his play style is punishing. For that reason, I do believe he is a sell.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am

Conner is nothing special as a back to me. I think the obvious selling window was last offseason.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:42 am

I bought for a contender. Don't love Conner and don't think he'll be a stud, but I'm hoping he sticks around, stays healthy, and Ben is healthy. Solid production is possible and I would peg him as an above average back in a (potentially) above average situation.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:01 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:42 am I bought for a contender. Don't love Conner and don't think he'll be a stud, but I'm hoping he sticks around, stays healthy, and Ben is healthy. Solid production is possible and I would peg him as an above average back in a (potentially) above average situation.
What did you pay? I tried shopping him last year. Couldn’t get much.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:05 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:01 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:42 am I bought for a contender. Don't love Conner and don't think he'll be a stud, but I'm hoping he sticks around, stays healthy, and Ben is healthy. Solid production is possible and I would peg him as an above average back in a (potentially) above average situation.
2021 first for Conner/Higbee/two late 2020 3rds

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:33 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:05 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:01 pm
2021 first for Conner/Higbee/two late 2020 3rds
Oh wow. Is Conner a buy?