Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Who is your "guy" for this upcoming rookie class?

Postby Cherokee » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:12 am

MFundercover wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:18 pm Any chance I come away with 2 of Carter, Jefferson, or Sermon with the 2.07 and 2.10 in 1qb?

Been watching RB film, here's my list..

1. Harris
2. Javonte
3. Etienne

4. Gainwell
5. Jemar
6. Sermon
7. Carter

8. Chuba

I don't watch college football so please trash my list if I'm way off.
I think after draft capital is hashed out Sermon and Jefferson will both be ahead of Carter, Chubba and Gainwell at the top of the 2nd round/late first. So you're right on in my opinion. This will push St. Brown, Wallace down to this 2.05-2.07 range.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Re: Who is your "guy" for this upcoming rookie class?

Postby mgscott » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:19 am

Sriracha wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:03 pm Haven't done a deep dive of these late round WRs, but I suspect the depth in this class is nowhere close to where it was in 2020. Last year I was genuinely hyped for guys going 16 deep and intrigued by guys going into the 30's. The Gabe Davis, Darnell Mooney, Lynn Bowdens.

This year, the top tier is legit, but after the rock solid top 7, I've come away rather unimpressed with the later round WR's getting hyped: Dyami Brown, Seth Williams, Sage Surratt, Nico Collins, Amon Ra just don't excite me. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them get good draft capital but I won't be investing in them aside from fliers on Tylan Wallace and Tamorrion Terry.

Despite the fact that this class' RBs have been heavily criticized I suspect the value in the mid to late rounds will largely be at RB. Some interesting prospects there that could shine in the right situation (Gainwell, Hubbard, Sermon, Carter, Patterson, Stevenson, Felton)
The little bit I've seen so far of Dyami Brown and Nico Collins, I've been impressed. I haven't looked a lot yet, though.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Who are the RBs after the big 2?

Postby joeday » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:55 am

Just curious after Harris and Etienne who are the next few rookie RBs we should know about.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Who are the RBs after the big 2?

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:19 pm

Javonte Williams ought to be in your top 2 with Harris. Both guys are 3 down RBs and Williams is absolutely fun to watch run for a big guy. He’s not going to blow up with a 60 yd TD but some of his 5-10 yd runs where it looks like he’s going down for a 3 yd loss are works of art. Plus he can catch - and catch downfield in regular routes, not just screens and circle routes - and he’s a strong pass protector who makes good choices and can stone an unopposed pass rusher.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:58 pm

After those 3, the next 5 guys on rankings are most often some combination of Gainwell, Hill, Sermon, Hubbard and Carter. With the WRs, Pitts, and the QBs in this draft I’d be inclined to let any of those 5 fall some and look to grab a later round sleeper rather than burning a mid/late 1st tounder on any of them. If Gainwell or Hill somehow made it into the early 2nd round I’d be interested. Carter and Hubbard won’t fall far enough for me to have a shot at using a mid 2nd on them and Sermon has feet that are way too slow for my liking to translate well as a pro.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:04 pm

There are only 3 RB's in this class I am excited to draft. After that, meh
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:10 pm

After that grouping, I’m keeping a sharp eye on Stevenson, Patterson, and Rountree. They have some limitations just like the 5 guys above but they’ll come cheaper and have enough positive traits that I think their chances are as good as any of the 5 guys listed above.

Rountree is spot on size-wise and well rounded and solid in all aspects of the position but doesn’t have one or two traits that jump off the page.

Patterson is a little smallish but he can run between the tackles as well as operate in space.

Stevenson is going to be a nightmare for nickel and dime D sets with his size and the way he runs and pass protects. If that kid goes to a team with a well established passing game and is looking for a grinding pounder and chain mover to complete a hole in their running game I’m very interested.

FastEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FastEddie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Jemar Jefferson is my #4 RB.

I posted some good intel regarding him in the "Whose your guy" thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=211564&start=135

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:54 pm

Entering the season, Hubbard was usually seen as RB3, but he had a down year, so many have cooled on him.

I think Pro Day testing will probably determine who RB3 is. As soon as we hear about someone running a really fast time, that'll be it.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:59 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:54 pm Entering the season, Hubbard was usually seen as RB3, but he had a down year, so many have cooled on him.

I think Pro Day testing will probably determine who RB3 is. As soon as we hear about someone running a really fast time, that'll be it.
Yup. If Hubbard goes sub 4.40 it’ll probably be Hubbard.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:21 pm

I think if a team gives Michael Carter a shot he could be a steal similar to Lindsay's rookie season. He really stands out on film.

Khalil Herbert has been growing on me too. He looks like he has the size, vision, and burst to be a solid NFL RB. His college resume leaves a lot to be desired, but his film left me impressed.

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:56 pm

I think Gainwell is flying under the radar a bit because he sat out this year. His 2019 numbers were pretty legit, especially when you consider he shared the backfield with Gibson.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:12 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:59 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:54 pm Entering the season, Hubbard was usually seen as RB3, but he had a down year, so many have cooled on him.

I don’t think so. We know Hubbard is fast and most people are expecting ~4.35. Despite most people knowing he’s fast he’s not valued as high because that’s all he really offers.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:54 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:12 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:59 pm

I don’t think so. We know Hubbard is fast and most people are expecting ~4.35. Despite most people knowing he’s fast he’s not valued as high because that’s all he really offers.
Are they? I mean now that there’s not a combine, I could see him touching 4.35 hand-timed at a pro-day as a more likely outcome.

To be fair, while I think Hubbard will see a value spike if he runs fast, draft capital is going to be what reshapes ADP.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm

I honestly think the only RB that is a near-lock to go to a favorable situation where they’ll be expected to serve as the RB1 (non-committee) out of the gate is Harris. Some others may also, but he’s the only one I am outright expecting to be in that position, so there’s really no telling who will end up in the rookie RB2, 3, etc. roles. Heck, 2020 proved we didn’t know who the consensus RB1 was until the draft (whether it was right or wrong is another topic).
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch