Mike Evans - The Dislike Is Real for this Perennial WR1 - Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:18 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:53 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 pm Like I explained a couple posts back, some of these people desire so strongly to run headlong into an abyss of wrongness. They say something that is demonstrably incorrect, and rather than issuing a very obvious correction, they cling to that incorrect stance like driftwood in a shipwreck. That’s how you end up saying that the WR who scores fewer points is the more productive one. It’s the saddest, most feeble-minded nonsense.

While I truly feel bad for people like this- I can’t imagine what it’s like to be somebody who thinks this way- they are absolutely poisoning the discourse here.
Completely off topic, but I've been enjoying the Dynasty Reddit a lot more lately. Why? Upvotes and Downvotes. The demonstrably incorrect takes are downvoted into oblivion. The insightful posts get bumped to the top by the hive-mind. It's glorious stuff.

I appreciate some of the posters here, but learning whose opinions are-and-aren't worth listening to and trusting has become a fantasy game unto itself at this point.
I've been on Reddit a bit for dynasty. I've been downvoted into oblivion for very petty things. I still check it but it's very touchy.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:08 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 pm Like I explained a couple posts back, some of these people desire so strongly to run headlong into an abyss of wrongness. They say something that is demonstrably incorrect, and rather than issuing a very obvious correction, they cling to that incorrect stance like driftwood in a shipwreck. That’s how you end up saying that the WR who scores fewer points is the more productive one. It’s the saddest, most feeble-minded nonsense.

While I truly feel bad for people like this- I can’t imagine what it’s like to be somebody who thinks this way- they are absolutely poisoning the discourse here.
Completely off topic, but I've been enjoying the Dynasty Reddit a lot more lately. Why? Upvotes and Downvotes. The demonstrably incorrect takes are downvoted into oblivion. The insightful posts get bumped to the top by the hive-mind. It's glorious stuff.

I appreciate some of the posters here, but learning whose opinions are-and-aren't worth listening to and trusting has become a fantasy game unto itself at this point.
This is the way I see it- there are opinions I disagree with. Posts here, tweets, valuations and rankings, whatever. Seeing the range of viewpoints helps me prepare for and counter offers I get that are ridiculous to me. Seeing a "bad" post/opinion here just helps explain that a "bad" offer isn't someone trying to get a steal but just a reflects their viewpoints and valuations.

People get too morally indignant that they're right and anyone who disagrees is wrong. People need to approach things with an ounce of frickin humility that they could be, ohmigod... wrong.
Mild- one thing that this place is still useful for is keeping a finger on the pulse of the lowest common denominator of player in your league.

Pullo- as somebody who is transparently uninhibited with regard to defending my ideas, I think the humility would be better served with the people who expect their random, unsupported thought to be treated the same as somebody else’s data driven, well articulated idea. I don’t speak for everybody, but I’m more than happy to respectfully disagree with somebody like FF or Mild or Orenthal Shames or Sriracha or mgscott etc. because they generally post thoughtful, well-crafted ideas that are supported by tangible concepts/information. We can disagree on which piece of data is more important, because I think we’re both coming from a place where we understand that the things we say should be rooted in fact.

I think that’s a much better example of humility than thinking that you should be able to spew whatever nonsense you want and then be thanked for doing so, ala that awful Keenan Allen diversion. Speaking of:
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:22 pm
Ruggenater wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:04 pm
Finfansteve wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:27 pm If I’m being honest evens isn’t a true wr 1 by the numbers but if you’ve got a real number 1 wr he’s fantastic as a number 2 or 3. Trading for him straight up should cost you a top tier first to mid first and pieces
:?:

He’s been a top 12 finisher at the WR position each of the last 3 seasons, and 2 of the 4 prior to that. If that’s not a “true WR1”, what is?
Keenan Allen.
Got ‘eeemmmmm
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:38 am

The departure of strong, quality posters and an influx of let's just say, lesser versions, has absolutely led to a drastic decrease in my posting.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 pm

I honestly much prefer it here. There's too many people that don't know anything or provide any insightful content there.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:27 pm

(Smart nice sophisticated stuff)
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:53 am

mild wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:53 pm I appreciate some of the posters here, but learning whose opinions are-and-aren't worth listening to and trusting has become a fantasy game unto itself at this point.
i'll make it easier for you. i mainly talk bollocks, and i think i'm funny so i'm probably not: it's safe to say i'm one fo the posters you can ignore :wink:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Mike Evans - The Dislike Is Real for this Perennial WR1 - Discussion Thread

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Not the most pertinent thread title but definitely the biggest Evans thread.

I've had various trade discussions regarding Mike Evans the last few weeks. Last week's face plant was... interesting.

Where do you put him going forward?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:56 pm

I really hope he has 1-2 more quiet weeks so I can buy everywhere. Especially since he's almost "old" for a dynasty WR, he could be an even better buy this year than years in the past
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Brady says Mike will get his. I believe him, but with all of those weapons, it's going to be a rollercoaster.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Agreed, tonnes of mouths to feed but tonnes of stats to go around as well. I didn't watch the game but my dad said a fair few of Evans' targets were batted down at the LOS or tipped mid flight.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Probably should have sold for Fulgham last year.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:53 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 pm Probably should have sold for Fulgham last year.
AND a 2nd

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:28 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 pm Probably should have sold for Fulgham last year.
Never gets old :)
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:32 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 pm Not the most pertinent thread title but definitely the biggest Evans thread.

I've had various trade discussions regarding Mike Evans the last few weeks. Last week's face plant was... interesting.

Same story as last year.

Brady doesn't force feed anyone. Winston forced it to Evans no matter what. Brady takes what defenses give him and Evans faced Dallas' only good corner for the majority of the game. Evans will always face the teams best corner on the outside.

Would not be shocked if Evans, Godwin, and Brown all reach 1000 on the season. They'll each have some frustrating weeks, but Evans is still really good and a TD magnet. He doesn't need multiple 10 reception games to post WR1 numbers. He needs big plays and touchdowns.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:34 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:32 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 pm Not the most pertinent thread title but definitely the biggest Evans thread.

Same story as last year.

Brady doesn't force feed anyone. Winston forced it to Evans no matter what. Brady takes what defenses give him and Evans faced Dallas' only good corner for the majority of the game. Evans will always face the teams best corner on the outside.

Would not be shocked if Evans, Godwin, and Brown all reach 1000 on the season. They'll each have some frustrating weeks, but Evans is still really good and a TD magnet. He doesn't need multiple 10 reception games to post WR1 numbers. He needs big plays and touchdowns.
Would still be nice if he would see double digit targets. You got guys like Diggs/Waller/Adams/Hill getting absolutely peppered with opportunity while Big mike hasn't averaged over 10 targets per game since 2016 (4 seasons ago)

Targets per game per season
2017: 9
2018: 8.625
2019: 9
2020: 6.8

At some point you gotta wonder what is going on, yes QB and coaching change, more quality WRs. But I dont know if there has been such a wildly successful consistent WR that has gotten so few targets (iirc when he signed his extension he was a top 3 or 5 WR in terms of annual contract value)

Possibly it's his usage? I've never understood putting your best WR out on an island to run deep every play, you can get DJax or Cooks to do that for half the price. Regardless I doubt Evans' will ever get the targets he deserves unless he moves out of TB, but who would leave a SB championship team lead by the best QB of all time?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06