Mike Evans - The Dislike Is Real for this Perennial WR1 - Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Captain
Captain
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby MFundercover » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:08 am
MFundercover wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:19 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:47 pm
I just think he’s properly valued. A lot of the top players are severely overvalued sometimes. Doesn’t mean Evans is undervalued. Evans is attainable, which in theory should be the case for every player. Will be 28 by next season, not known for his high catch totals (which is relevant in ppr), lots of great rookies and young proven wrs, plus unfortunately the past 7 years don’t count for 2021. Should add that the dynasty community as a whole is out on the bigger receivers.
Saying that his past 7 years don't count for anything is like saying "Well, McCaffery has been great but he might not be in 2021". Track record counts.

The dynasty community loves Metcalf, Sutton, Higgins, Claypool...

Not trying to start an argument. I literally just dont u understand what the reason is.
You don't know/understand the reason or you don't agree with it.

Reading back over your initial post, the lack of production comment probably came from the consistency aspect, specifically in the last 2 years. This year, 12 of his games he had 56 or less receiving yards. Only 4 games of 80+ receiving yards. 80+ receiving yards in only 6 games in 2019. The boom weeks help his overall end of the year stat-line but on a weekly basis people are not seeing Evans putting up huge reception and/or yardage numbers. More than 6 catches only 3 times this year and only 4 times in 2019. Not saying his numbers are bad but they're not really representative of an elite WR either, at least the last 2 years. When compared to other high end WR's his age, like Adams and Hopkins for example, they're more consistent than he is. Keenan's sporadic yardage totals are more similar to Evans but Keenan gets way more receptions than Evans does.
I dont understand the argument. Are you saying a players track record doesn't effect their value? Or that Evans being big negatively effects his fantasy value? If I'm misunderstanding, then my bad. But if that's actually what you're saying, then yeah I disagree.

The rest of the post though, I just disagree with. If this were some fluke WR1 finish I would agree, but he always hits his numbers, and until we see something to indicate that will change, like an injury or a talent regression, there's no reason to drop his value. Not for my money at least.

Out of the past 7 seasons, Evans has finished ahead of Allen 5 times in full ppr. I get that injury affected Allens career (Evans finished as the WR2 one of those years) but I just dont agree. Evans is proven better, even in ppr.

Anyway, I've been awake way too long. Thanks for the response.
Team 1 - 2020 Champion

12 team .5ppr. 1QB 2RB 2 WR 3 Flex 1 TE

QB: Watson, Wentz, Heinickie

RB: A Jones, Sanders, Robinson, Edmonds, Drake, Harris, Scott, R Freeman, Ballage

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Evans, Metcalf, Higgins, Sutton, Mooney, Reynolds, G Tate, K. Cole, Isabella, G Ward

TE: Henry, Everett, Njoku, Schultz

Taxi: Cephus, C Johnson

- 2021 5.12

Team 2 (Orphan)

QB: Watson, Wentz, Fitzpatrick, Stidham, Eason

RB: Jrob, Singletary, Moss, Breida, J Williams, Bowden, Yeldon

WR: Fuller, Reagor, Diontae, Campbell, G Tate, Alshon, Bourne, Ross, Erickson, Lee, Humphries, Collin Johnson, Peoples Jones

TE: Hurst, Cook, Eifert, Graham, Griffin, Hollister, Trautman

2021: 1.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02

Kurtrambis1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:08 am

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:40 am

I’m agreeing with a couple others on here that his past seasons where he was more boom or bust really burned owners and deflated his value. His consistency year to year is almost used against him in a way I’ve never seen before with people saying he can’t be a WR1 again because he’s done it in the past too many times.

I owned him for 2 years and he was great (our league decides last two playoff spots by overall points instead of record). Even in that he was tough to trade.

I’ll never understand why people like Golladay more than him. Evans is what people think Golladay can be, yet he costs way more than Evans. To take a line out of Gregg Popovich’s book “potential is great but potential eventually gets you fired.” In this case, waiting for a player to break out will ultimately cost you in losses. If anyone values Golladay over Evans then they’re losing at FF.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX

QB= Ryan, Goff
RB= Jacobs, Gibson, Montgomery, Mattison, Hines, Mckinnon
WR= Jefferson, Boyd, Claypool, Pittman, Fulgham, M. Williams, S. Miller, Renfrow, V. Jefferson
TE= Kelce, Kmet, Njoku, Cox
Taxi= Mcfarland, Isabella
21 Picks= 4th, 5th

User avatar
murphysxm
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby murphysxm » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:25 am

You got me, He is a locked in #1 WR and has been hiis whole career.

Pullo Vision
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5101
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:36 am

I value him as an NFL player, but his boom/bust weeks would have me nervous in fantasy, to DD's point. I'd either want WRs 2/3s with a solid floor or would want an elite WR I'd feel comfortable slotting in as the #1.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4079
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:53 am

There are good arguments about Evans being boom or bust and TD dependant lately. I think those things are due to fighting injuries and not being in sync with Brady.

These big WRs seem to fight injuries constantly, but if he gets a healthy streak and a full off-season with Brady, he could be a monster.

I put him at the end of the top tier of WRs. Wouldn't be comfortable with him as my top WR, but love him as my second.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6737
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:35 pm

MFundercover wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:08 am
MFundercover wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:19 am

Saying that his past 7 years don't count for anything is like saying "Well, McCaffery has been great but he might not be in 2021". Track record counts.

The dynasty community loves Metcalf, Sutton, Higgins, Claypool...

Not trying to start an argument. I literally just dont u understand what the reason is.
You don't know/understand the reason or you don't agree with it.

Reading back over your initial post, the lack of production comment probably came from the consistency aspect, specifically in the last 2 years. This year, 12 of his games he had 56 or less receiving yards. Only 4 games of 80+ receiving yards. 80+ receiving yards in only 6 games in 2019. The boom weeks help his overall end of the year stat-line but on a weekly basis people are not seeing Evans putting up huge reception and/or yardage numbers. More than 6 catches only 3 times this year and only 4 times in 2019. Not saying his numbers are bad but they're not really representative of an elite WR either, at least the last 2 years. When compared to other high end WR's his age, like Adams and Hopkins for example, they're more consistent than he is. Keenan's sporadic yardage totals are more similar to Evans but Keenan gets way more receptions than Evans does.
I dont understand the argument. Are you saying a players track record doesn't effect their value? Or that Evans being big negatively effects his fantasy value? If I'm misunderstanding, then my bad. But if that's actually what you're saying, then yeah I disagree.

The rest of the post though, I just disagree with. If this were some fluke WR1 finish I would agree, but he always hits his numbers, and until we see something to indicate that will change, like an injury or a talent regression, there's no reason to drop his value. Not for my money at least.

Out of the past 7 seasons, Evans has finished ahead of Allen 5 times in full ppr. I get that injury affected Allens career (Evans finished as the WR2 one of those years) but I just dont agree. Evans is proven better, even in ppr.

Anyway, I've been awake way too long. Thanks for the response.
Not sure we are on the same wavelength here. I'm not asking you to agree to anything, and I'm not saying what my particular stance is on the subject either. You asked for reasons why people might be lower on Evans than other WR's and I'm giving them to you. Your average FF player sees Evans putting up 40 or 50 yards a week on most weeks and they're not going to think "well this guy is clearly an elite wr".

Track record is a good thing but you KNOW dynasty community hates older players. Why are you acting as if all this is confusing to you. I don't really get it. I'm not disagreeing with you. You asked for reasons and I'm giving you reasons. I'm not asking you to agree with those reasons. Again, he's going to be 28 with sporadic weekly reception and yardage totals the past 2 years. 2 years is an eternity for most dynasty players. The recent rookie wr's have been amazing which pushes Evans down. Other high end WR's of Evans age (Adams, Hopkins, Allen) are all more consistent in reception and/or yardage on a weekly basis. I dont follow Evans closely but he constantly seems to be dinged up, in and out of games. His QB could retire or become washed at any moment. In general, based on what I've seen people saying, people are fading the bigger WR's. You don't have to agree but you asked for reasons of what people could be thinking and there they are. Now clearly you don't put a lot of stock into the stuff i just listed but other people might.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10504
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:05 pm

Pullo Vision wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:36 am
I value him as an NFL player, but his boom/bust weeks would have me nervous in fantasy, to DD's point. I'd either want WRs 2/3s with a solid floor or would want an elite WR I'd feel comfortable slotting in as the #1.
I feel like the boom/bust label isn't justified:

Week 1: 7.2 (played injured against Lattimore)
Week 2: 23.4
Week 3: 14.2
Week 4: 25.2
Week 5: 15.1
Week 6: 2.0
Week 7: 5.7
Week 8: 15.5
Week 9: 10.4
Week 10: 19.7
Week 11: 15.9
Week 12: 20.0
Week 14: 8.6
Week 15: 17.0
Week 16: 40.1

Keep in mind that the Buccaneers had a wealth of weapons this year with Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, Miller, Jones, Fournette. They were absolutely loaded and Brady spread the ball around.

Evans had 12 weeks of double digit scoring out of 16. Sure, people will point to touchdowns boosting that, but that's the point of who Mike Evans is. His touchdown upside is ridiculously high because of his size, athleticism, and red zone ability.

To me, if a WR is finishing with double-digit points in PPR 75% of the time, he's not really boom/bust. Boom/bust would be a Desean Jackson type.

MFundercover
Captain
Captain
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby MFundercover » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:35 pm
MFundercover wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:08 am


You don't know/understand the reason or you don't agree with it.

Reading back over your initial post, the lack of production comment probably came from the consistency aspect, specifically in the last 2 years. This year, 12 of his games he had 56 or less receiving yards. Only 4 games of 80+ receiving yards. 80+ receiving yards in only 6 games in 2019. The boom weeks help his overall end of the year stat-line but on a weekly basis people are not seeing Evans putting up huge reception and/or yardage numbers. More than 6 catches only 3 times this year and only 4 times in 2019. Not saying his numbers are bad but they're not really representative of an elite WR either, at least the last 2 years. When compared to other high end WR's his age, like Adams and Hopkins for example, they're more consistent than he is. Keenan's sporadic yardage totals are more similar to Evans but Keenan gets way more receptions than Evans does.
I dont understand the argument. Are you saying a players track record doesn't effect their value? Or that Evans being big negatively effects his fantasy value? If I'm misunderstanding, then my bad. But if that's actually what you're saying, then yeah I disagree.

The rest of the post though, I just disagree with. If this were some fluke WR1 finish I would agree, but he always hits his numbers, and until we see something to indicate that will change, like an injury or a talent regression, there's no reason to drop his value. Not for my money at least.

Out of the past 7 seasons, Evans has finished ahead of Allen 5 times in full ppr. I get that injury affected Allens career (Evans finished as the WR2 one of those years) but I just dont agree. Evans is proven better, even in ppr.

Anyway, I've been awake way too long. Thanks for the response.
Not sure we are on the same wavelength here. I'm not asking you to agree to anything, and I'm not saying what my particular stance is on the subject either. You asked for reasons why people might be lower on Evans than other WR's and I'm giving them to you. Your average FF player sees Evans putting up 40 or 50 yards a week on most weeks and they're not going to think "well this guy is clearly an elite wr".

Track record is a good thing but you KNOW dynasty community hates older players. Why are you acting as if all this is confusing to you. I don't really get it. I'm not disagreeing with you. You asked for reasons and I'm giving you reasons. I'm not asking you to agree with those reasons. Again, he's going to be 28 with sporadic weekly reception and yardage totals the past 2 years. 2 years is an eternity for most dynasty players. The recent rookie wr's have been amazing which pushes Evans down. Other high end WR's of Evans age (Adams, Hopkins, Allen) are all more consistent in reception and/or yardage on a weekly basis. I dont follow Evans closely but he constantly seems to be dinged up, in and out of games. His QB could retire or become washed at any moment. In general, based on what I've seen people saying, people are fading the bigger WR's. You don't have to agree but you asked for reasons of what people could be thinking and there they are. Now clearly you don't put a lot of stock into the stuff i just listed but other people might.
Well, nobody think he is as valuable as Adams or Hopkins.

But to stick with the Keenan comparison, I'll say it again. You're argument is that Keenan catches more balls and that Evans is always injured. Though Evans has outscored him in full ppr 5/7 seasons and been more reliable with his health. It's not even debateable so honestly don't understand how Allen deserves to be ranked ahead of him.

I'm not looking for a huge return in Evans. I understand the emergence of WRs in the past 2 draft classes push him down a bit. But for example, fantasypros ranking Allen at 11 and Evans at 21 in their latest trade value chart, a full 1st round pick difference is an absurd evaluation to me and it makes trading him very difficult.
Team 1 - 2020 Champion

12 team .5ppr. 1QB 2RB 2 WR 3 Flex 1 TE

QB: Watson, Wentz, Heinickie

RB: A Jones, Sanders, Robinson, Edmonds, Drake, Harris, Scott, R Freeman, Ballage

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Evans, Metcalf, Higgins, Sutton, Mooney, Reynolds, G Tate, K. Cole, Isabella, G Ward

TE: Henry, Everett, Njoku, Schultz

Taxi: Cephus, C Johnson

- 2021 5.12

Team 2 (Orphan)

QB: Watson, Wentz, Fitzpatrick, Stidham, Eason

RB: Jrob, Singletary, Moss, Breida, J Williams, Bowden, Yeldon

WR: Fuller, Reagor, Diontae, Campbell, G Tate, Alshon, Bourne, Ross, Erickson, Lee, Humphries, Collin Johnson, Peoples Jones

TE: Hurst, Cook, Eifert, Graham, Griffin, Hollister, Trautman

2021: 1.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02

User avatar
joeday
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16857
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 8:50 am
Location: Hail to Pitt!

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby joeday » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:07 am

He's a WR1 for me
BERLIN BOMBERS
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 teams | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
Projected 2021 Keepers
QB – Kyler Murray
RB – Christian McCaffrey
WR – Calvin Ridley | Michael Thomas
TE –


ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈
12 teams | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
Projected 2021 Keepers
QB – Deshaun Watson (or Tom Brady)
RB – Derrick Henry | Dalvin Cook | J.K. Dobbins | Alexander Mattison
WR – DeAndre Hopkins | Davante Adams | Calvin Ridley | Diontae Johnson
TE – Darren Waller
2021 Picks – 1.7 | 3.10 | 4.1 | 5.10 | 6.1 | 7.12 | 8.1 | 9.4 | 9.12 | 10.1

Joe Day's Dynasty|Keeper|Redraft Leagues

Farley
Captain
Captain
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 am

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Farley » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:02 am

MFundercover wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:35 pm
MFundercover wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 am

I dont understand the argument. Are you saying a players track record doesn't effect their value? Or that Evans being big negatively effects his fantasy value? If I'm misunderstanding, then my bad. But if that's actually what you're saying, then yeah I disagree.

The rest of the post though, I just disagree with. If this were some fluke WR1 finish I would agree, but he always hits his numbers, and until we see something to indicate that will change, like an injury or a talent regression, there's no reason to drop his value. Not for my money at least.

Out of the past 7 seasons, Evans has finished ahead of Allen 5 times in full ppr. I get that injury affected Allens career (Evans finished as the WR2 one of those years) but I just dont agree. Evans is proven better, even in ppr.

Anyway, I've been awake way too long. Thanks for the response.
Not sure we are on the same wavelength here. I'm not asking you to agree to anything, and I'm not saying what my particular stance is on the subject either. You asked for reasons why people might be lower on Evans than other WR's and I'm giving them to you. Your average FF player sees Evans putting up 40 or 50 yards a week on most weeks and they're not going to think "well this guy is clearly an elite wr".

Track record is a good thing but you KNOW dynasty community hates older players. Why are you acting as if all this is confusing to you. I don't really get it. I'm not disagreeing with you. You asked for reasons and I'm giving you reasons. I'm not asking you to agree with those reasons. Again, he's going to be 28 with sporadic weekly reception and yardage totals the past 2 years. 2 years is an eternity for most dynasty players. The recent rookie wr's have been amazing which pushes Evans down. Other high end WR's of Evans age (Adams, Hopkins, Allen) are all more consistent in reception and/or yardage on a weekly basis. I dont follow Evans closely but he constantly seems to be dinged up, in and out of games. His QB could retire or become washed at any moment. In general, based on what I've seen people saying, people are fading the bigger WR's. You don't have to agree but you asked for reasons of what people could be thinking and there they are. Now clearly you don't put a lot of stock into the stuff i just listed but other people might.
Well, nobody think he is as valuable as Adams or Hopkins.

But to stick with the Keenan comparison, I'll say it again. You're argument is that Keenan catches more balls and that Evans is always injured. Though Evans has outscored him in full ppr 5/7 seasons and been more reliable with his health. It's not even debateable so honestly don't understand how Allen deserves to be ranked ahead of him.

I'm not looking for a huge return in Evans. I understand the emergence of WRs in the past 2 draft classes push him down a bit. But for example, fantasypros ranking Allen at 11 and Evans at 21 in their latest trade value chart, a full 1st round pick difference is an absurd evaluation to me and it makes trading him very difficult.
I don't think I've ever read a more complete response to an OP on this site. I mean, DD nailed it. He gave you every reason you were looking for. All wrapped up in a pretty package with a bow on top. Additionally, he clarified that it was not necessarily his own opinion. Just the likely reason as to why Evans may not be as highly valued as some may feel he should be. There's really not much else to say after his post. Should have come back with a "Thanks" instead of arguing more about Allen.

Here's DLF's wide receiver rankings. (You'll notice Allen is not on the list because he's actually ranked lower...although there are definite arguments for ranking him higher). I've included ages, as well. Who should the consensus be moving Evans above on this list? WR15 seems about right. And that's still pretty damn valuable.

WR1 DK Metcalf 23
WR2 Davante Adams 28
WR3 Tyreek Hill 26
WR4 AJ Brown 23
WR5 Justin Jefferson 21
WR6 D. Hopkins 28
WR7 CeeDee Lamb 21
WR8 Michael Thomas 27
WR9 Calvin Ridley 26
WR10 Terry McLaurin 25
WR11 Stefon Diggs 27
WR12 Chris Godwin 24
WR13 Tee Higgins 22
WR14 DJ Moore 23
WR15 Mike Evans 27

User avatar
killer_of_giants
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1746
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:27 am

MFundercover wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm
fantasypros ranking Allen at 11 and Evans at 21 in their latest trade value chart, a full 1st round pick difference is an absurd evaluation to me and it makes trading him very difficult.
so maybe those rankings aren't great. shocker!
if it's hard to trade him, keep him, this is the wrong time of the year to sell veterans anyway.

Finfansteve
Starter
Starter
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Finfansteve » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:24 am

I traded for him earlier this offseason for a 2021 2nd and a 2022 2nd. I think that was a good price to pay for him but it also shows where some value him these days. I probably would have paid a late 2021 1st for him if the guy asked me to

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9868
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:36 am

I'm amazed at some of these prices people have been able to acquire him for. I agree he's generally underrated, but in my experience, he's valued highly by the current owners in my leagues and for good reason
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Dillon, Gaskin, Mostert, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Mariota, Trub
RB: Saquon, Dobbins, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, Snell
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, Mooney, G. Davis, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Irv, Gesicki, Tonyan
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:36 am
I'm amazed at some of these prices people have been able to acquire him for. I agree he's generally underrated, but in my experience, he's valued highly by the current owners in my leagues and for good reason
My experience as well.
Farley wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:02 am
Who should the consensus be moving Evans above on this list? WR15 seems about right. And that's still pretty damn valuable.

WR1 DK Metcalf 23
WR2 Davante Adams 28
WR3 Tyreek Hill 26
WR4 AJ Brown 23
WR5 Justin Jefferson 21
WR6 D. Hopkins 28
WR7 CeeDee Lamb 21
WR8 Michael Thomas 27
WR9 Calvin Ridley 26
WR10 Terry McLaurin 25
WR11 Stefon Diggs 27
WR12 Chris Godwin 24
WR13 Tee Higgins 22
WR14 DJ Moore 23
WR15 Mike Evans 27
This is an excellent post. Saying somebody is undervalued or “hated” doesn’t mean anything without context. If you really think he’s undervalued, I want to know who on this list he’s supposed to be ahead of.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

CGW
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Why is Mike Evans so disliked in the fantasy community?

Postby CGW » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:26 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:21 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:36 am
I'm amazed at some of these prices people have been able to acquire him for. I agree he's generally underrated, but in my experience, he's valued highly by the current owners in my leagues and for good reason
My experience as well.
Farley wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:02 am
Who should the consensus be moving Evans above on this list? WR15 seems about right. And that's still pretty damn valuable.

WR1 DK Metcalf 23
WR2 Davante Adams 28
WR3 Tyreek Hill 26
WR4 AJ Brown 23
WR5 Justin Jefferson 21
WR6 D. Hopkins 28
WR7 CeeDee Lamb 21
WR8 Michael Thomas 27
WR9 Calvin Ridley 26
WR10 Terry McLaurin 25
WR11 Stefon Diggs 27
WR12 Chris Godwin 24
WR13 Tee Higgins 22
WR14 DJ Moore 23
WR15 Mike Evans 27
This is an excellent post. Saying somebody is undervalued or “hated” doesn’t mean anything without context. If you really think he’s undervalued, I want to know who on this list he’s supposed to be ahead of.
ADP wise I think hes ranked just fine. I might have him ahead of Higgins or mclaurin but fully get the age argument of either of them ahead of him. Where his value seems to be off is in the price you pay. All of the above list cost a mid to early 1st at least. Evans, as seen in the trades listed in this thread and elsewhere, can often be had for a late 1st or less. His value discrepancy seems to be price rather than ranking.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mgscott and 7 guests