2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: 2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

Postby TheNuts » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:04 am

zaner75 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:03 pm About an hour after Dobbins was hurt yesterday, I got a cold offer of a 2022 2nd (mid-late) for Gus Edwards.

Not terribly egregious but I feel like the offering owner was trying to get over on me, thinking I wouldn't know Dobbins was just injured, which I would put it in the bad trade offers area. I replied that it would likely take a 1st until the severity of Dobbins' injury was known. Crickets since, which I take as confirmation that he was hoping to pull a fast one.
This trade doesn't belong here at all. We do not know how many carries he will get. Lamar will vulture a lot of the TDs per usual. If you don't want to give Edwards away for a mid second, I understand completely, but its not that far off for a one year rental that could just be a nice rb2 most weeks.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:18 pm Gus was already worth a 2nd, IMO. There's zero incentive to move him for that, with the Dobbins injury. It should take a first to move him, as part of the deal. Not a first straight up perhaps, but adding on to Gus to get one. He's in line for lead back duties in a high powered run game, that runs a lot. When something like this happens, you need to give a person a reason to trade the guy, with the new situation taken into account. Often, there is an impasse, where it's he's worth more than a 2nd, and less than a first, type thing, so no deal can be struck, but I certainly would want a first to move Gus at this point, wouldn't think of selling for a 2nd. Not necessarily a first straight up, as I said. but a first in the deal. There's zero incentive to move players in productive situations for random 2nd rounders, and the premise is that the "bad trade offer" was it was in bad taste, the angle the guy was taking, but I don't think a 2nd is a poor offer, just not one that he should trade Gus for.
I get what you're saying FF, and could get behind this reasoning. It just seemed zaner75 expected a 1st straight-up. I can see working up a package that included Gus and a 1st rounder as components. Just not an even swap of those assets.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

bmb16
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bmb16 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:37 am

Got this beauty today:

Give: Laviska Shenault
Receive: Chuba Hubbard

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:15 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:31 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:18 pm Gus was already worth a 2nd, IMO. There's zero incentive to move him for that, with the Dobbins injury. It should take a first to move him, as part of the deal. Not a first straight up perhaps, but adding on to Gus to get one. He's in line for lead back duties in a high powered run game, that runs a lot. When something like this happens, you need to give a person a reason to trade the guy, with the new situation taken into account. Often, there is an impasse, where it's he's worth more than a 2nd, and less than a first, type thing, so no deal can be struck, but I certainly would want a first to move Gus at this point, wouldn't think of selling for a 2nd. Not necessarily a first straight up, as I said. but a first in the deal. There's zero incentive to move players in productive situations for random 2nd rounders, and the premise is that the "bad trade offer" was it was in bad taste, the angle the guy was taking, but I don't think a 2nd is a poor offer, just not one that he should trade Gus for.
I get what you're saying FF, and could get behind this reasoning. It just seemed zaner75 expected a 1st straight-up. I can see working up a package that included Gus and a 1st rounder as components. Just not an even swap of those assets.
I posted the trade here because I felt like the offering owner being disingenuous in offering a trade with the knowledge that Dobbins had suffered a potentially serious injury in the hopes that I would not know about it and potentially take the offer, which would be solely in his favour at the price point offered. If he was sincere in his desire to try to get a trade done, he could have countered back with a message of some sort. The fact that he didn't confirmed what I thought about his reasoning for making an offer (trying to "win" by taking advantage me potentially not knowing about the Dobbins injury) and definitely clouds any future dealing I may have with him. To me, this kind of "bad offer" is worse than someone ignorantly misvaluing pieces.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:29 pm

zaner75 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:15 pm
I posted the trade here because I felt like the offering owner being disingenuous in offering a trade with the knowledge that Dobbins had suffered a potentially serious injury in the hopes that I would not know about it and potentially take the offer, which would be solely in his favour at the price point offered. If he was sincere in his desire to try to get a trade done, he could have countered back with a message of some sort. The fact that he didn't confirmed what I thought about his reasoning for making an offer (trying to "win" by taking advantage me potentially not knowing about the Dobbins injury) and definitely clouds any future dealing I may have with him. To me, this kind of "bad offer" is worse than someone ignorantly misvaluing pieces.
[/quote]

If he was being shady, that's definitely worse than being off on player's value. One can be explained away by ignorance, the other would indicate an owner who will try to win at all costs. And I agree that type of owner isn't one I'd be excited to hammer out future deals with. I don't think it's ever a good idea to willfully try to take advantage of your league mates.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 pm

Send Mike Evans
Receive 2022 3rd

Owner makes some pretty bad trades, so know idea how she ranks players
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:45 pm

zaner75 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:03 pm About an hour after Dobbins was hurt yesterday, I got a cold offer of a 2022 2nd (mid-late) for Gus Edwards.

Not terribly egregious but I feel like the offering owner was trying to get over on me, thinking I wouldn't know Dobbins was just injured, which I would put it in the bad trade offers area. I replied that it would likely take a 1st until the severity of Dobbins' injury was known. Crickets since, which I take as confirmation that he was hoping to pull a fast one.
You're assuming here which is never a good thing.
I'd opine that it is more, or at least equally, likely that the other owner saw your requested price and decided there would be no common ground and it wasn't worth it to pursue the matter. I know that's how I'd see it. I wouldn't pay a first for Gus, I'd walk away from the table at that price.
In 2021 one might call it the "Texans phenomenon". The player might be good, but the over the top ask keeps him from being moved.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:16 am

zaner75 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:15 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:31 am
You assuming that he assumed you had a lack of knowledge about a widely discussed injury to one of the top RBs for this season that directly effected a player on your roster seems like more of a stretch then most other scenarios. In most leagues I'm in, most people are pretty up on Fantasy news, especially injuries to top players. And when you asked for a future 1st, I likely wouldn't have responded either since that's a real stretch (and I own Edwards in every league I'm in this year except the one I own Dobbins :wall: ). I don't think his lack of response "confirms" anything. You kind of sound like you have history with this guy outside of this singular trade offer that we don't know about, or already didn't like him tbh.

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:01 pm

Was just offered Mixon straight up tor Barkley
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- TLaw, Stafford,
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Kirk , QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Madabuike, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Ebukam
LB- Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.01, 1.02, 1.11
5 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:03 pm

IR1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 pm Send Mike Evans
Receive 2022 3rd

Dear Lord
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:48 pm

mzkp54 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:01 pm Was just offered Mixon straight up tor Barkley
Based on you posting it here, I'm guessing you-
1- rejected it
2- thought it was horribly off

I can see the first, hut not the second. Certain within the realm of being counterable.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:20 am

willistylz1979 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:32 am 12 team 1qb PPR

Same guy every week trying to get CEH and AJ brown from me. Here’s another beauty of an offer!
Problem is I get these kind of offers all the time in MFL. I guess the other teams can see how desperate I’m at RB and the offers represent that.

Give:
AJ brown
CEH
DJ Moore
2022 1st

Get:
Cook
Kupp
Samuel

AJ brown should be enough for Cook IMO. The rest is :lol:
You don’t like CEH DJ and 1st for Samuel and Kupp? Lol
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:25 pm

IR1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 pm Send Mike Evans
Receive 2022 3rd

It Is JuSt A sTaRtInG oFfEr.

Since she values 3rd rounders so highly, why not send her an offer of a 3rd rounder for her best player?
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:55 am

Van Jefferson for Julio
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- TLaw, Stafford,
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Kirk , QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-