2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:09 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:24 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:01 pm I assume the poster has Kelce? I’m interested in what he thinks is so bad about it.
Haven't you heard? Elite TE's continue to produce at that level until their mid-30's. Meaning Kelce is guaranteed to continue dominating the TE landscape for the next 3-5 years. So clearly, the offers that offended didn't take that into account. I joke, obviously, and don't think offer #2 is bad at all.

I moved on from both Kelce and Michael Thomas this offseason and don't regret it at all. Will their losses bum me out when I have to face them for the next couple seasons? Probably. But sometimes we need to switch things up to keep our teams competitive. And that's the situation I found myself in (Team 1).

Kelce and Thomas kept me winning enough that my draft picks were middle of the road at best. But not good enough to overcome my weakness at RB. I picked up a couple of first-rounders, a second, and Michael Gallup and Harrison Bryant.

I'll be getting some RB help that I need, and overall I think the moves will help my team moving forward. "Value" doesn't exist in a vacuum.
I prefer to get out a year early and generally it's worked well for me, except when I get a bit too nutty and go with 2 years early, but man, I definitely wish I could have back a Kelce trade I did last year. He was getting up there enough for me to want to cash out so before the NFL Draft last spring I dealt him, Ronald Jones and two fourths for a '22 1st, a 22 2nd, TJ Hockenson, Darrell Henderson and the '20 2.07 (Ruggs). The only saving grace w/that screw up was trading Henderson and a few later picks to acquire a pick to grab Antonio Gibson. In trying to avoid holding too long I definitely did that deal too early.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:31 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:09 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:24 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:01 pm I assume the poster has Kelce? I’m interested in what he thinks is so bad about it.
Haven't you heard? Elite TE's continue to produce at that level until their mid-30's. Meaning Kelce is guaranteed to continue dominating the TE landscape for the next 3-5 years. So clearly, the offers that offended didn't take that into account. I joke, obviously, and don't think offer #2 is bad at all.

I moved on from both Kelce and Michael Thomas this offseason and don't regret it at all. Will their losses bum me out when I have to face them for the next couple seasons? Probably. But sometimes we need to switch things up to keep our teams competitive. And that's the situation I found myself in (Team 1).

Kelce and Thomas kept me winning enough that my draft picks were middle of the road at best. But not good enough to overcome my weakness at RB. I picked up a couple of first-rounders, a second, and Michael Gallup and Harrison Bryant.

I'll be getting some RB help that I need, and overall I think the moves will help my team moving forward. "Value" doesn't exist in a vacuum.
I prefer to get out a year early and generally it's worked well for me, except when I get a bit too nutty and go with 2 years early, but man, I definitely wish I could have back a Kelce trade I did last year. He was getting up there enough for me to want to cash out so before the NFL Draft last spring I dealt him, Ronald Jones and two fourths for a '22 1st, a 22 2nd, TJ Hockenson, Darrell Henderson and the '20 2.07 (Ruggs). The only saving grace w/that screw up was trading Henderson and a few later picks to acquire a pick to grab Antonio Gibson. In trying to avoid holding too long I definitely did that deal too early.
Definitely a balancing act. But like you say, if you wait too long you're kind of stuck taking what you can get. Or just letting a guy retire on your team. I've gone both ways (trading Thomas/Kelce) and holding TY Hilton until I finally had to drop him. He was one of those cases where I held too long, and then couldn't generate any interest in trade for him.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:54 pm

This is more “comical trade shenanigans” than it is a “bad offer”

But last year in the middle of the season I asked a guy what he wanted for Kareem Hunt. Without response, he sent me an offer of Kareem Hunt for CeeDee Lamb (which I quickly rejected)

He just treaded Kareem Hunt for Nelson Agholor + Zach Moss
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 am

So this one doesn't necessarily meet the criteria for this thread, but there's an attitude that turns me off. In a 24 team, two copy SF, TEP, 25 roster with 10 devy, I got the following offer:

My Aiyuk for Deejay Dallas and Devin Singletary.

Thinking this was a much discussed "opening offer," I replied thanks for the offer but I don't see much future in these guys and I countered with what I thought was a fair offer of

Aiyuk for AJ Dillon and a 22 second.

I got a rejection with no response and a counter of

Aiyuk for Deejay Dallas and Kenyan Drake.

My team is pretty weak outside of QB and I'm looking for promising youth and picks. My counter is a shade low, but I like Dillon and. I think he's the 1A this year or next. Maybe on paper his offers aren't horrible but I don't see much upside for me. I actually think Aiyuk is over valued, but why would I sell him for a clear discount? Just because he's on my trade block doesn't mean I'm discounting him for pennies on the dollar.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:35 am

ajpmn01 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 am So this one doesn't necessarily meet the criteria for this thread, but there's an attitude that turns me off. In a 24 team, two copy SF, TEP, 25 roster with 10 devy, I got the following offer:

My Aiyuk for Deejay Dallas and Devin Singletary.

Thinking this was a much discussed "opening offer," I replied thanks for the offer but I don't see much future in these guys and I countered with what I thought was a fair offer of

Aiyuk for AJ Dillon and a 22 second.

I got a rejection with no response and a counter of

Aiyuk for Deejay Dallas and Kenyan Drake.

My team is pretty weak outside of QB and I'm looking for promising youth and picks. My counter is a shade low, but I like Dillon and. I think he's the 1A this year or next. Maybe on paper his offers aren't horrible but I don't see much upside for me. I actually think Aiyuk is over valued, but why would I sell him for a clear discount? Just because he's on my trade block doesn't mean I'm discounting him for pennies on the dollar.
Yeah as someone who likes aiyuk I'd fairly easily pay your ask for him, but at worst you gave a clear value point that your looking for him which I'd agree is either at market or even a touch lower than. And his value is not close to and doesn't match up with what you'd be looking for from a team need standpoint.

Bag of Hammers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bag of Hammers » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:56 am

12-team dynasty, new owner took over an orphan, sent me this.

I receive:
David Montgomery
Tre'Quan Smith

I send:
AJ Dillon
Joe Mixon

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:54 am

I woke up this morning to an offer of Adam Thielen for my top 4 locked lottery 2021 1st (the pick originally belonged to the Thielen owner). Nope!
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

MNFinFan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MNFinFan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:07 am

12 Team SF

Give: Jalen Hurts

Receive: Russel Gage
12 Team Super Flex 1.0PPR - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2F,1SF

QB: Tua, Treavor Lawrence, Trey Lance, Jalen Hurts,

RB: D'Andre Swift, Leonard Fournette, Miles Gaskin, Chubba Hubbard, Gio Bernard, Jeremy McNichols, James White, Ty Montgomery, Sony Michel

WR: Jamaar Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault, Brandon Aiyuk, Mecole Hardman, Jacoby Meyers, Preston Williams, Albert Wilson, Tyrell Williams, Trinity Benson, Kalif Raymond, Dante Pettis

TE: Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, Ross Dwelley

Taxi: Freddie Swain, Quez Watkins, Josia Deguara, Rodney Smith, Malcolm Perry, Isiah Wright, Hunter Long, Niko Collins, Ian Book, Demetric Felton, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

2022: 1st & 2nd
2023: 1st through 4th
2024: 1st through 5th

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:21 pm

MNFinFan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:07 am 12 Team SF

I get that Hurts isn't "proven" but he's a starting QB. Offering a WR4 for his services especially in a SF is pretty poor. I don't imagine you'll be getting many deals worked-out with that owner.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:21 pm
MNFinFan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:07 am 12 Team SF

I get that Hurts isn't "proven" but he's a starting QB. Offering a WR4 for his services especially in a SF is pretty poor. I don't imagine you'll be getting many deals worked-out with that owner.
Bad either way, but was this before or after the Wentz trade?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

smmcfarl
Captain
Captain

Postby smmcfarl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am

Got this gem for Team 1 in my sig...

Give: Cook and D.K.
Get: Fuller, Conner and James Robinson
Last edited by smmcfarl on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 team league - 1.0 PPR - 6pt TD's
Start 1Qb, 2Rb, 2Wr, 1Te, 2Flex, 1SF

Prescott, Brissett, Watson, Geno Smith, Corral
Mixon, Damien Harris, Carter, Jamaal Williams, Hines, Sermon, Ingram
Chase, Hill, DJ Moore, D. Smith, Marvin Jones, Shenault, R. Moore
Hockenson, Higbee, Smith, Otton

2023(1,1,1,1,1,3,4,4)
2024(1,2,3,4)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 am

smmcfarl wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am Got this gem for Team 1 in my sig...

Get: Fuller, Conner and Robinson
Take out Cook or DK and it's still bad. That's without me even knowing if Allen or James Robinson lol

smmcfarl
Captain
Captain

Postby smmcfarl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:03 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 am
smmcfarl wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am Got this gem for Team 1 in my sig...

Get: Fuller, Conner and Robinson
Take out Cook or DK and it's still bad. That's without me even knowing if Allen or James Robinson lol
James Robinson...yeah exactly I wouldn't even do one or the other for those 3 let alone both!
12 team league - 1.0 PPR - 6pt TD's
Start 1Qb, 2Rb, 2Wr, 1Te, 2Flex, 1SF

Prescott, Brissett, Watson, Geno Smith, Corral
Mixon, Damien Harris, Carter, Jamaal Williams, Hines, Sermon, Ingram
Chase, Hill, DJ Moore, D. Smith, Marvin Jones, Shenault, R. Moore
Hockenson, Higbee, Smith, Otton

2023(1,1,1,1,1,3,4,4)
2024(1,2,3,4)

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:49 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:40 pm
SStory93 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:32 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:27 pm
Is that for real?

If so, then yes. That is a very bad offer.
Very real, I offered the trade. Got told it wasn’t enough for DK
:shock:

LOL, I figured you were the one receiving that offer! I'm a Hawks fan, and love DK. I also believe in getting "your guys" because that's what makes this game fun. And winning of course. But if someone offered me that for DK I'd break a finger clicking my mouse to accept.

Not enough? Just wow...

And also, I"m not super active in this thread. Mostly I comment about what others have posted. But I have to say this might be the first instance where a poster has listed a trade they proposed that was considered "bad". And as you can tell by my reaction. This was CERTAINLY not a bad offer. I'm glad you posted though for the sheer entertainment value.
This offer didn't get DK? I don't care what format it is you accept.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:48 am

I do not think this is an insulting offer, but based on dynasty value, this is a worse trade than some previously posted.
And I am only posting this due to the "blatant Amari Cooper disrespect this forum perpetuates"

Give: Ceedee Lamb and Ruggs

Get: Amari Cooper and DeVante Parker

on dynasty value, this is about a mid to late 2021 first apart.