killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:03 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:46 am
fakespike13 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:26 pm
imi814 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:41 pm

I love when they want a pick added too. Mostert is no where near lamb value but he wants a decent pick added too.
yeah it's some true sociopathic bleep.
I think their thought process is that it will somehow inspire you to drop the pick and make the move straight up.
it's not even worth it if you drop lamb! :lol:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:30 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:03 am
fakespike13 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:26 pm

yeah it's some true sociopathic bleep.
I think their thought process is that it will somehow inspire you to drop the pick and make the move straight up.
lol yup.
I haven’t been able to sell Mostert for any 2nd all offseason, let alone the 2.04

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:41 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:30 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:03 am

lol yup.
I haven’t been able to sell Mostert for any 2nd all offseason, let alone the 2.04
I've never had a Mostert buyer lol

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:55 pm

One of these totally out of the blue offers, totally unsolicited. I love how he threw in pick 3.06😂
I give: AJ Brown, K.Drake
I get: D.Slayton, Joshua Kelley, pick 3.06

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:56 pm

Got this beauty this morning

Give Metcalf
Get: Marvin Jones + KJ Halmer
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:22 am

ravn88 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:56 pm Got this beauty this morning

Give Metcalf
But you get two players for the price of one.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:05 am

Side A: 2.05 + Shenault
Side B: Clelin Ferrell + Anthony Walker + 3.23

It was accepted.

For context, Ferrell and Walker would be low end starters in a deep league. Side B would be lucky to get either piece individually let alone both.

Also had this happen in another 32 team league (16x2 copy), 2PPR TE league:

Side A: Dallas Goedert
Side B: Willie Gay (LB) + 4.20

Six months prior Side A bought Goedert for a 2021 1st+Kmet, so he has valued TE and Goedert at one point. Without any other logic available the assumption is the 4.20 had extra worth to the guy for obvious reasons.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 am

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:05 am Side A: 2.05 + Shenault

It was accepted.

For context, Ferrell and Walker would be low end starters in a deep league. Side B would be lucky to get either piece individually let alone both.

Six months prior Side A bought Goedert for a 2021 1st+Kmet, so he has valued TE and Goedert at one point. Without any other logic available the assumption is the 4.20 had extra worth to the guy for obvious reasons.
I’m having a tough time seeing either as bad offers. In the first, you say Ferrell and Walker are low end starters. In our league, using ppg, Ferrell was DE48 and Walker was LB63 so it must be a very large league. Regardless, both guys may be low end starters but they also both look replaceable. There’s assumed value in Shenault with Lawrence coming on board as JAX’ QB, so I can see someone envisioning an upside over his replacement level WR60 +/- finish as a rookie last year. And if the league is large and D scoring is strong that 2.05 is going to have solid value as well. Looks like a pretty balanced trade to me with both sides seeing upside in the pieces they got.

I also don’t see the problem in the Goedert trade depending on the D scoring in that league. If an owners sees Hurts as struggling at QB Goedert could well fall into the great mass of interchangeable TEs after the second tier. Gay figures to have some serious upside given how he flashed last year, that he’ll be a year out of Reid’s rookie kid glove handling of players, and KC’s very mediocre competition at LB. I’m a Gay owner and I’m expecting a strong rise in his scoring next year. The draft pick is pretty much meaningless in a 32 team league, so again it’s owners seeing players’ values rising/falling dependent on how the players’ teams are shaping up as they head into the draft.

I don’t see either trade as objectionable.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 am
FiremanEd wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:05 am Side A: 2.05 + Shenault

It was accepted.

I’m having a tough time seeing either as bad offers. In the first, you say Ferrell and Walker are low end starters. In our league, using ppg, Ferrell was DE48 and Walker was LB63 so it must be a very large league. Regardless, both guys may be low end starters but they also both look replaceable. There’s assumed value in Shenault with Lawrence coming on board as JAX’ QB, so I can see someone envisioning an upside over his replacement level WR60 +/- finish as a rookie last year. And if the league is large and D scoring is strong that 2.05 is going to have solid value as well. Looks like a pretty balanced trade to me with both sides seeing upside in the pieces they got.

I also don’t see the problem in the Goedert trade depending on the D scoring in that league. If an owners sees Hurts as struggling at QB Goedert could well fall into the great mass of interchangeable TEs after the second tier. Gay figures to have some serious upside given how he flashed last year, that he’ll be a year out of Reid’s rookie kid glove handling of players, and KC’s very mediocre competition at LB. I’m a Gay owner and I’m expecting a strong rise in his scoring next year. The draft pick is pretty much meaningless in a 32 team league, so again it’s owners seeing players’ values rising/falling dependent on how the players’ teams are shaping up as they head into the draft.

I don’t see either trade as objectionable.
Not sure what to tell you. In your first paragraph you outline that Ferrell and Walker are DE48 and LB63 and replaceable. I used the term ‘low end starters’ loosely, but they perhaps fetch a 3rd each if someone’s feeling generous and believes in Ferrell stepping up after two very mediocre years and Walker moving to Cleveland. So you say you have 3.23 and two 3rds (3rds total) on one side, and you have 2.05 + Shenault on the other. The gap is about a Shenault wide. Value him as you may.

In the other, I outlined that it’s 2PPR for TE and Goedert went for 1st+Kmet 6 months prior. Ertz is seemingly on the way out. Goedert stock dropped that much? Gay barely saw the field but yes, there is potential. He may go high 3rd in value. A high 3 and 4.20 don’t equal a guy worth at least a 1st. The league chat, including the offering owner, all basically acknowledged it was brutal offer that got accepted.

I’ll chalk it up to IDP and league detail gaps, because they aren’t really debatable. You may have also read deal 1 wrong given your response seemingly high on Shenault/2.05 and not on Ferrell/Walker. Basically the 2.05 and 3.23 should be flipped.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:42 pm

Got a stinker this afternoon...

I give: Gibson
I get: Tua

In 1QB, with Allen and Wilson already at QB...please delete my number from your league directory.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:43 pm

ravn88 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:56 pm Got this beauty this morning

Give Metcalf
Same league diffrent team.

Give Metcalf
Get 2.06
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:33 am

M-Dub wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:44 pm Dude I’m in all three leagues with just loves to trade. He’s constantly wheeling and dealing. Team 2 in my sig is stacked at RB with CMC, Dobbins, Mixon and Sanders. I also have Kelce at TE. Only major weakness is at WR. My best WRs are Viska, Chark and... Kirk, I guess? Bunch of scrubs and long shots, for the most part. Suffice it to say, if you want to pique my interest, your best bet is to offer me a WR.

Earlier this offseason, he offers me Melvin Gordon for Shenault. I chuckled a little and texted him that the value wasn’t terrible in a vacuum, but it made zero sense for my team. He seemed to get it and we moved on.

Fast forward a few more weeks to late Feb, and he sends me an offer of Hunt and Jonnu Smith for Chark and Christian Kirk.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I think an offer that looks somewhat close on paper can become laughable in the context of team build. These trades aren’t bad offers because the value is lopsided. They’re bad offers because he literally spent zero time looking at my roster and trying to determine what my team needs actually are.
I can definitely see the "did you look at my team?" perspective. Alternately, I've heard people say they make offseason trades primarily focused on value. You can always make lineup-focused trades later. In one of my leagues where the trade market isn't as active, I rejected a trade because, while the value was there, I wasn't confident I'd be able to patch the lineup hole.

Now, whether Hunt and Jonnu Smith for Chark and Christian Kirk is enough value to unbalance the roster, or if the owner considered whether it would allow you to trade one of CMC/Dobbins/Mixon/Sanders for WR help, I don't know.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:07 am

I woke up to this. I was offered David Montgomery, Anthony Miller, 3.11 for my D'Andre Swift, 2.11

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:07 am

24 team league

Dalvin Cook

For

Mike Davis, Ebron, 2022 4th, 2023 2nd

This trade actually was completed. It makes me want to quit the league.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:46 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:07 am 24 team league

Dalvin Cook

For

Mike Davis, Ebron, 2022 4th, 2023 2nd

This trade actually was completed. It makes me want to quit the league.
Never played in a 24 team league but this would make me quit fast. Never should have been allowed. I'd look into their history for possible collusion.