2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFootballTeam
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

Postby FantasyFootballTeam » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:05 pm
FantasyFootballTeam wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:42 am Who made the worst decision?

Team A who finished 2nd last year and should contend again offered Pat Mahomes for 1.01 and 2.01

Team B rejected trade
Team B, by far IMO. It's 2QB, but 8 teams. Even then I figure Trevor will be in conversation for 1.01 in that format. You want Trevor + 9th beat rookie prospect over Mahomes? Give me the sure thing

I think people try to devalue QB in smaller formats but with 2 QB starting there's still SIGNIFICANT advantage to starting Mahomes every week
As I said above, Team B will be taking Lawrence, so just upgrade to Mahomes now with the rookie pick.
8 Team PPR 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, FLEX, 5 Bench

QB - Mahomes, Prescott, Carr
RB - R. Stevenson, A.Jones, A. Kamara, K. Herbert
WR - Adams, Diggs, Godwin, Hollywood , JuJu
TE - Kittle, Waller, Higbee
TAXI - Brian Robinson, J. Warren

Picks
23' 1st, 3rd, 3rd
24' 2nd
25' 1st and 2nd

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:09 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:55 pm Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, Pittman, 2022 2nd (late)

Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, 2023 1st (late)

Give: DK, Harris, 2022 1st (late) Get: Gibson, Mclaurin

Give: DK, Harris Get: Gibson, Pittman

And I found out I have a reputation in my league of overvaluing my players. So.e of these are worse than others, but all easy rejects imo.
I feel like these are good starter offers that show some semblance of thought involved. He's valuing Tyreek close to DK (which some do), and giving you late-1st value for Higgins which is on the lower end (he'd be more mid-1st I suppose) but not unreasonable. For some reason I can't figure out who Harris is so hard to judge the other 2 trades but Gibson and McLaurin are hot names rn
I thought the first two offers were somewhat close, but no one agreed so I didn't say anything. The people who think that there is only one value that is acceptable for any player need to seriously stfu.
I mentioned that as well. I probably would accept the first 2.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:21 pm

MFundercover wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:55 pm Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, Pittman, 2022 2nd (late)

Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, 2023 1st (late)

Give: DK, Harris, 2022 1st (late) Get: Gibson, Mclaurin

Give: DK, Harris Get: Gibson, Pittman

And I found out I have a reputation in my league of overvaluing my players. So.e of these are worse than others, but all easy rejects imo.
1 and 2 clearly still value tyreek above dk. I get that argument but would disagree with it given DKs youth. The 4th i think is a pretty terrible offer, clearly the most unbalanced of the 4.

All that said, the 3rd offer, I think DK and McLaurin are pretty close. I would still take DK over Terry but statistically they are not that far off with DK having an ideal situation for his skill set and Terry having about the worst possible situation. I think there is a chance that gets closer this offseason and it nearly certainly will over time. This leaves gibson, rb14 last year, vs Harris and a late 1st. I would prefer gibson, who i would value mid 1st, in that. I think this offer is pretty close and would depend on my team. I would say if I was betting the gibson/mclaurin side scores more this year than DK/Harris so would come down to is that expected point difference worth more than a late 1st
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby olmansmith » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Kelce for Montgomery + Julio + 3.03

Kelce + B.Cooks + 3.01 for Keenan + Mandrews + 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 pm

olmansmith wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 pm Kelce for Montgomery + Julio + 3.03

I'd say something about the 2nd offer, but I don't want to start another 3 page debate

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:42 pm

FantasyFootballTeam wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:32 pm
palevermilion wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:19 pm
FantasyFootballTeam wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am

This is league in Sig (I got Mahomes for Kyler + 1.08 after this trade was rejected).

Team B:

QB - Jackson Stafford
RB - Zeke Mixon Swift Akers Fournette Lindsay
WR - Golladay Kupp Sutton Parker Claypool Shenault Mims
TE - Engram Fant Njoku Higbee
Picks - 1.01 2.01 2.08 3.01 4.01
I'd say neither team made a bad decision. It's only an 8 team league, and therefore plays more like a large 1QB league than a 2QB league. The team with the 1.01 and 2.01 is essentially picking 1st and 9th overall. Clearly that is more valuable than getting Mahomes to them. They arguably need more help at WR and RB. Their QBs are just fine considering the amount of skill position players you have to start. On a weekly scoring basis, Mahomes doesn't impact their starting lineup as much as getting the 1st and 9th best rookies (provided both end up being hits). Heck, he could get the top WR/RB of his choice at 1.01 and still get one of the top rookie QBs at 2.01.
That's interesting analysis, thank you. I know that they will be taking Trevor Lawrence at 1.01 and a WR at 2.01. I viewed it as Lawrence's ceiling is Mahomes so why not just upgrade to Mahomes now. Still some good WRs at 2.08 and 3.01 but obviously Smith or Waddle or whoever at 2.01 would be better than those.
If he's planning to go Lawrence with the 1.01, yeah he should've just taken Mahomes then. I figured his declining of the offer was more centered around he was going top WR/RB at 1.01.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 pm

I'd say something about the 2nd offer, but I don't want to start another 3 page debate
I dont mind starting a 3 page debate, especially because I could just step out and ignore it if I want to, so I will say something. Kelce is among, has several injuries, overall is a great asset short term but if you were looking to get out now is the time. I would say Keenan is ahead of cooks for me, at least but some amount. The 3.01 is basically a rounding error compared to the value of the other 5 pieces being discussed. This means getting much younger at TE and still getting a top 5 guy and for that move down if this is 1 qb you are looking at moore, bateman, pitts, waddle range, if sflex looking at a top wr or rb in the class. If I was not a true contender I would be heavily considering that
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:01 pm

Kcarr wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm

I dont mind starting a 3 page debate, especially because I could just step out and ignore it if I want to, so I will say something. Kelce is among, has several injuries, overall is a great asset short term but if you were looking to get out now is the time. I would say Keenan is ahead of cooks for me, at least but some amount. The 3.01 is basically a rounding error compared to the value of the other 5 pieces being discussed. This means getting much younger at TE and still getting a top 5 guy and for that move down if this is 1 qb you are looking at moore, bateman, pitts, waddle range, if sflex looking at a top wr or rb in the class. If I was not a true contender I would be heavily considering that
The only thing that’s caused problems is saying “this is bad, but it’s just a starting offer.” Neither if you are doing that.

Anyways, I prefer the Andrews, Allen, 1.06 side, and I prefer it considerably in SuperFlex. The other one seems even to me, I could see myself taking either side depending on the roster.

I assume the poster has Kelce? I’m interested in what he thinks is so bad about it.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:24 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:01 pm I assume the poster has Kelce? I’m interested in what he thinks is so bad about it.
Haven't you heard? Elite TE's continue to produce at that level until their mid-30's. Meaning Kelce is guaranteed to continue dominating the TE landscape for the next 3-5 years. So clearly, the offers that offended didn't take that into account. I joke, obviously, and don't think offer #2 is bad at all.

I moved on from both Kelce and Michael Thomas this offseason and don't regret it at all. Will their losses bum me out when I have to face them for the next couple seasons? Probably. But sometimes we need to switch things up to keep our teams competitive. And that's the situation I found myself in (Team 1).

Kelce and Thomas kept me winning enough that my draft picks were middle of the road at best. But not good enough to overcome my weakness at RB. I picked up a couple of first-rounders, a second, and Michael Gallup and Harrison Bryant.

I'll be getting some RB help that I need, and overall I think the moves will help my team moving forward. "Value" doesn't exist in a vacuum.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:09 am

Maybe it was a starting offer?

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:50 am

I'd accept either of those. And would happily take the other side depending on my team
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:51 am

12 team SF

Give: Watson, 2.02
Get: Goff, Drake, 1.10
12 Team PPR, SF, TEP (2 PPR)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SF, 2 Flex

QB - Burrow, Prescott, Cousins
RB - Jacobs, Etienne, Kamara, Hubbard, Ford, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Hunt
WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis, Rakim Jarrett
TE - Kincaid, Goedert, Fant, Jelani Woods

olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby olmansmith » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:08 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:01 pm
Kcarr wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm

The only thing that’s caused problems is saying “this is bad, but it’s just a starting offer.” Neither if you are doing that.

Anyways, I prefer the Andrews, Allen, 1.06 side, and I prefer it considerably in SuperFlex. The other one seems even to me, I could see myself taking either side depending on the roster.

I assume the poster has Kelce? I’m interested in what he thinks is so bad about it.
haha wow I guess my friends and I are just way lower on kelce than most people are. maybe hating the chiefs after they wrecked my niners has to do with it.

neither team in the trades is a contender. to me if you're not a contender, you definitely think the mandrews, keenan, 1.06 >>> kelce, cooks. probably because for me if you're looking more than 1 year out, keenan > kelce, mandrews > cooks, 1.06 thrown in to make it a bad trade offer. but i guess im just expecting kelce's demise super soon

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:51 am 12 team SF

Hot trash for a diamond.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:56 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:51 am 12 team SF

Hot trash for a diamond.
After I laughed this one off, it gets better. Next offer

Give: Watson, 1.02
Get: Goff, Drake, Boyd, 1.10, 2.10, 3.10

Told him I’ll no longer counter until I get a real offer.
12 Team PPR, SF, TEP (2 PPR)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SF, 2 Flex

QB - Burrow, Prescott, Cousins
RB - Jacobs, Etienne, Kamara, Hubbard, Ford, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Hunt
WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis, Rakim Jarrett
TE - Kincaid, Goedert, Fant, Jelani Woods