2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am I just happened to think the offers were well constructed, giving a variety of options, and close enough to start a conversation. Some people would probably even accept some of those (never underestimate the thirst people have for rb's). I'd welcome those types of offers in all my leagues and fundamentally disagree with the people who are simply laughing them off. Yes, the small percentage of dynasty leaguers that post here think DK >> Gibson, but in most casual leagues Gibson and DK are probably looked at similarly and McLaurin is easily better than a late future 1st. And yet you have people here saying it's a "horrible" offer. Not much more I can say about it. Just my opinion.
I am in your camp, this thread just always leads to people being over sensitive
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Again, I don’t think policing what’s a bad offer is useful. If you would accept the offer in question, then sure, say something. That would mean you actually disagree that it’s a bad offer.

Defending an offer that you would never accept because you think it’s a bad offer, but that you think somebody else might accept as “not that bad” is a waste of time.

If we’re going to accuse people of being sensitive, we should rope in the people who clearly send offers like these and are offended at the idea that they send bad offers.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Does this count as a bad offer?

Give: 1.01, 1.08, 1.10, 1.12. 2022 1st (Prob Early). D. Henderson
Get: DK
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:52 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:24 pm Again, I don’t think policing what’s a bad offer is useful. If you would accept the offer in question, then sure, say something. That would mean you actually disagree that it’s a bad offer.

Defending an offer that you would never accept because you think it’s a bad offer, but that you think somebody else might accept as “not that bad” is a waste of time.

If we’re going to accuse people of being sensitive, we should rope in the people who clearly send offers like these and are offended at the idea that they send bad offers.
Well said. Only on very rare occasions have I seen an offer in one of these threads where people agree that they would accept the alleged "bad offer." Usually these folks are just saying the offer isn't "terrible" by their subjective standards, but they obviously agree the offer is still bad.

Why waste your time criticizing people for posting an offer here that isn't bad enough if you agree it's still not one you'd accept? Posting an offer you think is bad here doesn't necessarily equate to being overly sensitive. It could just be wanting to joke around about a bad offer.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:27 pm

SStory93 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:25 pm Does this count as a bad offer?

Give: 1.01, 1.08, 1.10, 1.12. 2022 1st (Prob Early). D. Henderson
Get: DK
Is that for real?

If so, then yes. That is a very bad offer.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:58 am

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:52 pm Why waste your time criticizing people for posting an offer here that isn't bad enough if you agree it's still not one you'd accept?
some would exclude from this topic an offer they would counter, but then i counter every offer i get, even the obscenes ones, sooo...

anyway, i like the ones that are good for a giggle. the ones that are a bit off, meh. but given that i have not supplied a single measurable quantity to use as a threshold, i'll just skip the merely bad ones. without giggling.

gibson did only go half a round after DK in a sturtup i'm in though.

jizz in my pants
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jizz in my pants » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:55 pm Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, Pittman, 2022 2nd (late)

Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, 2023 1st (late)

Give: DK, Harris, 2022 1st (late) Get: Gibson, Mclaurin

Give: DK, Harris Get: Gibson, Pittman

And I found out I have a reputation in my league of overvaluing my players. So.e of these are worse than others, but all easy rejects imo.
I feel like these are good starter offers that show some semblance of thought involved. He's valuing Tyreek close to DK (which some do), and giving you late-1st value for Higgins which is on the lower end (he'd be more mid-1st I suppose) but not unreasonable. For some reason I can't figure out who Harris is so hard to judge the other 2 trades but Gibson and McLaurin are hot names rn
These arent bad offers ,certainly something to counter since he is the one wanting DK , i imagine Harris is Damien Harris from the pats..

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:00 am

Let's just rename this thread "Offers I didnt accept". That should fix the constant argument about a subjective topic.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:27 am

CGW wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:00 am Let's just rename this thread "Offers I didnt accept". That should fix the constant argument about a subjective topic.
Lol I like it it.

I didn't accept this offer.

I would not have accepted that offer either.

Yes.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 am

jizz in my pants wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:55 pm Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, Pittman, 2022 2nd (late)

Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, 2023 1st (late)

Give: DK, Harris, 2022 1st (late) Get: Gibson, Mclaurin

Give: DK, Harris Get: Gibson, Pittman

And I found out I have a reputation in my league of overvaluing my players. So.e of these are worse than others, but all easy rejects imo.
I feel like these are good starter offers that show some semblance of thought involved. He's valuing Tyreek close to DK (which some do), and giving you late-1st value for Higgins which is on the lower end (he'd be more mid-1st I suppose) but not unreasonable. For some reason I can't figure out who Harris is so hard to judge the other 2 trades but Gibson and McLaurin are hot names rn
These arent bad offers ,certainly something to counter since he is the one wanting DK , i imagine Harris is Damien Harris from the pats..
Cool, which one of the offers for Metcalf would you go on record as saying you would accept?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:38 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 am
jizz in my pants wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 am

Cool, which one of the offers for Metcalf would you go on record as saying you would accept?
I know you disagree, but I, and I think most others, don't believe any offer is bad just because they don't or wouldn't accept it. The first two are fairly even offers in my book. Gun to my head, I would accept them since I value Hill as the best piece in the trade and don't value Higgins as high as some.

I like to see the difference of opinion on this thread and I like to see when people throw out there that an offer isn't that bad as long as they explain their reasoning. It would be a boring thread to me if every post was just people posting the offers they have rejected with no commentary.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 am

I don’t accept the new thread name. I know it’s just a first suggestion at a name. But it’s a terrible name
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:47 am

realmacaroni wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 am I don’t accept the new thread name. I know it’s just a first suggestion at a name. But it’s a terrible name
I think we should argue about what makes it a good or bad name change and why you dont like it.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:16 am

CGW wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:47 am
realmacaroni wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 am I don’t accept the new thread name. I know it’s just a first suggestion at a name. But it’s a terrible name
I think we should argue about what makes it a good or bad name change and why you dont like it.
historically, threads with similar titles and content almost always underperform. most people think they pass the eye test, they see the title and they think "i want a share of that, i need to get some posts in there". But again and again the thread just devolves into end of page fodder for a chat board that is just not ready to go all the way

say what you want, but this is my opinion and I won't be swayed
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:11 pm

CGW wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:47 am
I think that’s just the opening offer
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson