Kamara vs. JT

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Kamara vs. JT

Postby Kelldon » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:30 pm

What is the difference in value between Kamara and JT in picks?
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Kamara vs. JT

Postby AussieMate » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:35 pm

I doubt you could get more than a 2nd ontop of JT, and for many people I don't think they would swap them straight up. I'm not one of those, I would need a late 1st early 2nd to trade away Kamara. I don't think I really need to explain why, just like I wouldn't question someone else having them equal.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm

I tried offering Kamara and Murray in the last week for JT , M. Williams, 3.12 and 4.12 (for team 2 in sig). Full ppr league.

This was rejected without a counter, but the team I was offering it to came in nearly last, so from a rebuilding standpoint it didn't make a lot of sense for them.....To answer the OP question, I'm not sure there is going to be much of a gap as the ages of the two players offset the difference in value.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:42 am

I don’t see much difference between the two with the exception that Kamara has 3 more seasons on his chassis.

Kamara is pretty much a lock for 1600-1700 total yds. Taylor posted 1400+ total yds despite being hampered by the governor his HC put on him for the first 10 weeks. If anything, I see Taylor as having a higher ceiling since the conventional wisdom that he’s a fumbler who can’t catch has been pretty much put to rest.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:47 am

Kelldon wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:30 pm What is the difference in value between Kamara and JT in picks?
Hard to say as its a situational trade type. Kamara is way better in the passing game and has great vision but is older.

Kamara is worth Taylor and a mid 1st or 2nd on talent production but to a young rebuilding team I doubt they move Taylor for Kamara.

I would rather own Kamara on a title contending team.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:49 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:47 am
Kelldon wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:30 pm What is the difference in value between Kamara and JT in picks?
Hard to say as its a situational trade type. Kamara is way better in the passing game and has great vision but is older.

Kamara is worth Taylor and a mid 1st or 2nd on talent production but to a young rebuilding team I doubt they move Taylor for Kamara.

I would rather own Kamara on a title contending team.
I agree with this. Looks like Brees on his way out too. I think Kamara will be fine though.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.