Rivers Retired

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Rivers Retired

Postby dvpkwys » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:10 am

Philip Rivers announced his retirement. Does Brissett stick around? Draft, FA, Trade?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rivers Retired

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:21 am

I think they should be shooting for Stafford/Ryan (or Dak) with how their team is built. Brissett is a FA and they already blew 30M on him over the past 2 years. Don't think they want to pay him that amount again to have to go get another QB for a little more $ anyway. Same reason I don't think they go for the QBs like Cam or Trubisky.

I don't think they take a QB in the first round (or try to move up for one) but it wouldn't be a bad idea if one they liked fell to them. I still think they'd be smart to get a veteran with how the team is built.

Wentz could be an option and I know a lot people link him back to Reich but I just don't see how any team sees Wentz and is willing to take that contract. I have a hard time imagining Wentz not in Philly next year I suppose

Last resort: they drafted Jacob Eason in the 4th round this past year

L.Washington
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby L.Washington » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:30 am

As a guy who picked up a few shares of Eason in the middle rounds of some SF rookie drafts last year, I think they should give the kid a shot! Jacoby is definitely not the answer. Trading for a vet makes sense but it depends on how good of a price they could get.
12 tm SF .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX, SF
QB - J. Fields, Dak, Russ, Love
RB - ETN, D. Cook, D. Swift, B. Robinson, R. Penny, K. Miller, G. Edwards
WR - G. Wilson, T. Higgins, JSN, D. Samuel, DJM, G. Davis, R. Moore, W. Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Schultz, Irv, C. Kmet, Everett
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:00 am

Colts fans everywhere can rejoice. I like rivers and he was a true competitor, but it was time.

Id want them to draft a rookie, but more likely I see them bringing in a vet. Hard to guess who will actually be available but if I had to guess itll be Darnold, Jimmy G, or Bridgwater. Lots of buzz around Ryan, Stafford, and Dak but i imagine all three will still be on their respective teams in 2021.

Darnold makes sense if none of the better vets are moved. You get him cheap for 3 seasons if it works out(rookie contract, 5th year option, tag). If not, the sunk cost probably isn't terribly high to pull him from the Jets.

My preference as a colts fan
Dak > Stafford > Rookie > Ryan > Darnold > Jimmy > Teddy > Wentz

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:07 am

Rivers is a favorite QB of mine. Underrated in fantasy football for much of his career.

Goofy throwing style, but I love that he never changed it and it got the job done.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:12 am

This came out earlier this month...maybe it has legs

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/1/3/2 ... -offseason
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:44 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:07 am Rivers is a favorite QB of mine. Underrated in fantasy football for much of his career.

Goofy throwing style, but I love that he never changed it and it got the job done.
X2, and a fiery competitor he was. I liked watching all those long bombs to VJax back in the day.
Happy retirement Riv!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:14 am

CGW wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:00 am Colts fans everywhere can rejoice. I like rivers and he was a true competitor, but it was time.

Id want them to draft a rookie, but more likely I see them bringing in a vet. Hard to guess who will actually be available but if I had to guess itll be Darnold, Jimmy G, or Bridgwater. Lots of buzz around Ryan, Stafford, and Dak but i imagine all three will still be on their respective teams in 2021.

Darnold makes sense if none of the better vets are moved. You get him cheap for 3 seasons if it works out(rookie contract, 5th year option, tag). If not, the sunk cost probably isn't terribly high to pull him from the Jets.

I get what you are saying about the top 3 QB. I doubt they get moved from their teams. If it's an option though, gotta go for it. I don't see the point in Darnold unless you really think you can save him. He has 2 years left and I'm not sure how much you save on that 5th year option in 22 for the former #3 overall pick anyway.

Jimmy, Teddy, etc just aren't franchise QB to me. Plus both are under contract through 22 so you'd be paying up for them too.

The rookie option is the most intriguing. Is there enough assets/want to make a move for a top QB? Doubt you get into the top 5 and draft Wilson/Fields. Then the question is do you want Jones or Lance to be your potential starter? Both don't seem plausible

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:24 am

We are shedding like $40 million in cap space if we also move on from Jacoby. I see Stafford as the #1 target. Dude wants out and wants to win. I also think he doesn't need the paycheck like a Dak does, he has already gotten his. I have not heard a single thing about Eason all season, a little disturbing. I also heard that they might target Jordan Love, since he's not needed in GB anytime soon. I trust in Ballard
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:47 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:14 am
CGW wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:00 am Colts fans everywhere can rejoice. I like rivers and he was a true competitor, but it was time.

I get what you are saying about the top 3 QB. I doubt they get moved from their teams. If it's an option though, gotta go for it. I don't see the point in Darnold unless you really think you can save him. He has 2 years left and I'm not sure how much you save on that 5th year option in 22 for the former #3 overall pick anyway.

Jimmy, Teddy, etc just aren't franchise QB to me. Plus both are under contract through 22 so you'd be paying up for them too.

The rookie option is the most intriguing. Is there enough assets/want to make a move for a top QB? Doubt you get into the top 5 and draft Wilson/Fields. Then the question is do you want Jones or Lance to be your potential starter? Both don't seem plausible
The colts have always been a move back franchise. Cant remember a time when they moved up in the early rounds. I think the colts are going to view themselves as 21 competitors, so the rookie option is likely not happening.

Hoping Dak or Stafford will be available. Otherwise I'm not sure the 2021 thing is happening.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:50 am

CGW wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:47 am Hoping Dak or Stafford will be available. Otherwise I'm not sure the 2021 thing is happening.
dalton!

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 am

If they can't work something out for Ryan or Stafford, I think they should sign FitzMagic and draft a QB for the future. Re-signing Brissett woul also be an option, but not the most ideal. He could hold the fort and overall do well, but the offense likely won't thrive under him. I would still prefer him to Darnold, though.

I still think they should go with Fitz and try to light it up. With a good defense and his added magic, it would be a special season.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:25 am

mgscott wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 am If they can't work something out for Ryan or Stafford, I think they should sign FitzMagic and draft a QB for the future. Re-signing Brissett woul also be an option, but not the most ideal. He could hold the fort and overall do well, but the offense likely won't thrive under him. I would still prefer him to Darnold, though.

I still think they should go with Fitz and try to light it up. With a good defense and his added magic, it would be a special season.
I'd go with Fitz and draft a rookie high. It's the usual routine for Fitzmagic.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:22 pm

He was good last year, I would have liked to see 1 more year.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:34 pm

I would personally be surprised if they go rookie QB with their 1st pick. We have a glaring hole at LT, would love to come out of this draft with a downfield replacemet to the ever aging TY and we need CB help.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts