Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Leonard Fournette Thread: Jaguars Shopping?

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:41 pm

There is talk of LSU's program being shut down due to state budget concerns. Now Fournette has said he will not "jump ship" and ask for a transfer. This does give him the possibility of sitting out the year however, because if he does transfer, he will be required to sit out the year. Does Fournette play football next year? Interesting scenario, and an opportunity to save himself for the NFL, perhaps. Could be an interesting scenario.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

that one guy
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Leonard Fournette 2016

Postby that one guy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:44 pm

There is no way LSU football is shutdown...no way

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:53 pm

that one guy wrote:There is no way LSU football is shutdown...no way
True, but they may have it's budget seriously cut. If it does, what does that do for Fournette?

that one guy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby that one guy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:59 pm

He's draft eligible for 2017, right? One last year at LSU, then he and Chubb head to the draft as the big 2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Yeah, just wondering if they lose funding, etc. if it could affect anything on their team for next year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:09 pm

that one guy wrote:He's draft eligible for 2017, right? One last year at LSU, then he and Chubb head to the draft as the big 2

He had a horrific knee injury. I hope he recovers, because I love his game, but there is a chance he's not the same player. Dalvin Cook is going to be a good back, too. Reminds me of a thicker Jamaal Charles.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:There is talk of LSU's program being shut down due to state budget concerns. .

Yea.....and I'm gonna be on the cover of Madden next year.....

LSU's football program generates enough money to fund the whole school I bet, the football program could pay all the bills for the whole school even without the state's money...this is ridiculous that anybody would even believe that.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:51 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:There is talk of LSU's program being shut down due to state budget concerns. .

Yea.....and I'm gonna be on the cover of Madden next year.....

LSU's football program generates enough money to fund the whole school I bet, the football program could pay all the bills for the whole school even without the state's money...this is ridiculous that anybody would even believe that.
I don't think it's going to be shut down, but the fact they are mentioning it obviously shows there could be some budget concerns for the program. Wondering if this could affect the team at all next year, and what that would mean for Fournette. I never said I believed it. I'm trying to glean some info on what is going on with their program and if they may have cuts coming to their program, and the possible affects of their team/Fournette next year.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: I don't think it's going to be shut down, but the fact they are mentioning it obviously shows there could be some budget concerns for the program. Wondering if this could affect the team at all next year, and what that would mean for Fournette. I never said I believed it. I'm trying to glean some info on what is going on with their program and if they may have cuts coming to their program, and the possible affects of their team/Fournette next year.
There's no way that makes any difference to the football team, the team makes plenty of their own money. The NCAA nor the SEC would let that happen. Somebody just wanted attention and wrote some crazy article and you happened to read it.
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:02 pm

There's no way LSU gets shut down.

But if I were Fournette, or any other highly-touted NFL draft prospect (Top 15 or so selections), I would seriously consider sitting. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:38 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote: I don't think it's going to be shut down, but the fact they are mentioning it obviously shows there could be some budget concerns for the program. Wondering if this could affect the team at all next year, and what that would mean for Fournette. I never said I believed it. I'm trying to glean some info on what is going on with their program and if they may have cuts coming to their program, and the possible affects of their team/Fournette next year.
There's no way that makes any difference to the football team, the team makes plenty of their own money. The NCAA nor the SEC would let that happen. Somebody just wanted attention and wrote some crazy article and you happened to read it.
Just found this, per Rotoworld, as well.

"In the face of conversation about LSU football potentially being shut down due to state budgetary concerns (Louisiana's facing a $1 billion deficit), sophomore RB Leonard Fournette said he "will never jump ship."
Louisiana governor Bel Edwards brought up the possibility of doom/gloom while campaigning for a tax increase late in the week. This predictably sparked speculation that Fournette could request a transfer. The 6-foot-1, 230-pound star shrugged that suggestion off on Twitter when he wrote, "I'm not going nowhere like I said before I will never jump ship, I'm drowning with my brothers." That he compares the situation to drowning is ominous in its own right, but a transfer never really made sense here. Fournette's likely draft-bound come 2017 and any FBS transfer would require him to sit out a year. Feb 14 - 7:11 PM"

Seems "the gov" is using the popularity of Football, and the idea that their team may be affected, to try and get people on board for tax hikes.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:
Just found this, per Rotoworld, as well.

"In the face of conversation about LSU football potentially being shut down due to state budgetary concerns (Louisiana's facing a $1 billion deficit), sophomore RB Leonard Fournette said he "will never jump ship."
Louisiana governor Bel Edwards brought up the possibility of doom/gloom while campaigning for a tax increase late in the week. This predictably sparked speculation that Fournette could request a transfer. The 6-foot-1, 230-pound star shrugged that suggestion off on Twitter when he wrote, "I'm not going nowhere like I said before I will never jump ship, I'm drowning with my brothers." That he compares the situation to drowning is ominous in its own right, but a transfer never really made sense here. Fournette's likely draft-bound come 2017 and any FBS transfer would require him to sit out a year. Feb 14 - 7:11 PM"

Seems "the gov" is using the popularity of Football, and the idea that their team may be affected, to try and get people on board for tax hikes.

Exactly, that's all it is, no way anything ever comes of it....sell off those 2017 1sts!
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Fournette

Postby KCLep20 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:37 pm

Can we all get past the early season injury and simply say he's the hands down 1.01 in 2017? My word, the game isn't even over yet!
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Fournette

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:49 pm

Hahahahaha. I almost posted this myself.
Wow. Wow. Wow.

He's special. No question. Generational talent. Easy 1.01 and the best rookie we have had come out in a while
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Fournette

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:07 pm

When wasn't he the 1.01?