Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Fournette - what to do with him

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:40 pmHow do you honestly think he'd be doing on the Jets?
NO ONE does well on the Jets.

Let's not forget that one of the T3RB at the time, Le'veon Bell, went to the Jets during his age 27 season and promptly lost 700yds (ru+rec) and 7TDs from his previous season with Pittsburgh. His ypc dropped from 4.0 to 3.2. The next season began an even larger freefall and Bell became an afterthought to the league. The Jets are where careers go to die.

Fournette would do well on any decent offensive team that had a good line and provided him enough touches. Like most good RB. Fournette may not be a great talent at RB but he is very good at all aspects of his job and can be a real 3down RB.
Last edited by Anteaters on Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Tre Tucker, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
IR: Mike Williams (WR), Joey Bosa (DL)
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:54 am

If you arent going to admit that maybe you were off on this one I will just show you.

BEFORE
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:46 pm I think Rojo is in for a good year, IMO. 1100 plus rushing yards.
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm Rojo was and is the much better 2 down runner. I expect him to outproduce Lenny.
AFTER
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:40 pm I mean, [Fournette] is a decent back, but that offense is a juggernaut. He's not a back that elevates anything. He just rides the wave. He's nothing special, and I was a huge fan in college. Never really was the same after that sophomore year. He's a solid, but very unspectacular player. Let me put it this way. How do you honestly think he'd be doing on the Jets?
Bro, the year after his 76 catch season (2019) he went to a different team in the middle of a pandemic (2020). You act like he went to another team and then just magically sucked and got outplayed with no explanation. He went to a new team and needed time to adjust with little to no pre-season action. Is this really the hill you are going to die on? Its not just that you were off about LF, you were also off about Rojo in comparison to LF. So dont make this about the team being good or bad. This is about people like yourself choosing the wrong horse in this race. I dont want to hear you talk about draft pedigree ever again :lol:

Next.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:12 am

What's a good buying price?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:09 am

I don't see any level of talent that I'd consider special in LF, but that doesn't really matter in the current situation. TB cares more about reliability and stability, so he's above RoJo. Owners will be happy this year.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 am

Fournette is objectively not good(or not better than average) at any aspect of being a RB really. But he’s getting massive opportunity because RoJo is worse and less reliable at all aspects of being a RB except rushing the ball. Just one of those times when situation > talent, and that is usually short lived but pays off huge while it lasts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:09 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:09 am I don't see any level of talent that I'd consider special in LF, but that doesn't really matter in the current situation. TB cares more about reliability and stability, so he's above RoJo. Owners will be happy this year.
100 percent. I was wrong about Rojo, because I didn't consider the assignment aspect of football. There is zero argument that Lenny was the better runner last year, any major grading service had Rojo ahead in that area, and not close, to my knowledge. As you said, Fournette is more reliable and stable. Blitz pick ups, catching the ball. Playing sound assignment football. That's what I missed. Jones is the better runner, but Fournette is the more trustworthy back, and that's what they want and need with TB12.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick