What 2nd or 3rd round guy is your "must have/steal of the round or draft?"

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

What 2nd or 3rd round guy is your "must have/steal of the round or draft?"

Postby Kelldon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:22 am

Not looking for a rankings list. Wondering who are guys in the 2nd or 3rd round that you dying to draft because of talent, value based off current ranking, or something you have seen or read on player.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What 2nd or 3rd round guy is your "must have/steal of the round or draft?"

Postby SStory93 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:26 am

I have said it before, but I am targeting Nico Collins in the 3rd rd if he runs in the 4.4s. I don't have the 22 film on him, but what I have seen is a guy who makes contested catches really well. I think he could turn out to be a very solid fantasy player.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:14 pm

2nd:
Tamarrion Terry
Terrace Marshall

Jaret Patterson (Depends on combine/landing spot)

3rd:
Tylan Wallace
Elijah Moore (will probably go 2nd, but could see him slipping too)

late 3rd/4th
Damonte Coxie - Reminds me a bit of Alshon Jeffery. Lanky, "slow" deep threat. Needs to bulk up to realize his potential. If he can bump his weight to > 205 by the combine he's going to become a very interesting late round flier.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:21 pm

With the following caveats: I haven't started my '21 scouting in earnest yet, and a LOT has to go right for this guy from here... BUT

I will be keeping an eye on Justyn Ross most closely. I remember scouting Higgins last year and watching a lot of Clemson. My takeaway, consistently, was that the guy to own on that team was actually Ross.

He's got a lot of medical flags to clear that will drop him down the draft. Maybe it won't eventuate at all, and he'll be a proper stay-away - or, he'll return to College. But I do remember being wow'd by his talent when I watched. I'd throw a speculative early 3rd at him, as it currently stands - for sure.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:21 pm With the following caveats: I haven't started my '21 scouting in earnest yet, and a LOT has to go right for this guy from here... BUT

I will be keeping an eye on Justyn Ross most closely. I remember scouting Higgins last year and watching a lot of Clemson. My takeaway, consistently, was that the guy to own on that team was actually Ross.

He's got a lot of medical flags to clear that will drop him down the draft. Maybe it won't eventuate at all, and he'll be a proper stay-away - or, he'll return to College. But I do remember being wow'd by his talent when I watched. I'd throw a speculative early 3rd at him, as it currently stands - for sure.
I'd expect Ross to go back for his senior year. Prove you're healthy for a year then get drafted in the 1st like many expected.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:06 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 pm I'd expect Ross to go back for his senior year. Prove you're healthy for a year then get drafted in the 1st like many expected.
Well dang... right you are. Just in:

https://twitter.com/_jross8/status/1349 ... 43360?s=19

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:26 pm

Jaret Patterson is a good one