33 TD
    3 INT

Mac Jones 2020 (13 gms)
    77.4 comp %
    4500 yards
    41 TD
    4 INT

Tua had 4 future first-round WRs during his 2019 campaign

Mac Jones had 1 sure first-round WR for the majority of the year (Waddle injury)

— Mike Tannenbaum

If Tua really is worthy of the #5 pick last year, doesn't it mean Miami should trade Tua for a late 1st this year, trade back from 3 to 10-13 + more, draft Mac, and order division titles for the rest of the 2020s? That would give Miami three 1st round picks in 2021, allowing them to add great talent at OL/DL and WR. After all, Mac did a little more with much less WR talent on the same team. I'm not even that big a believer in Mac. Or Tua either, for that matter.

/a very worried Dolphins fan.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Tua Tagovailoa

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 am This is what worries me about Tua. Tweet from NFL expert Mike Tannenbaum:
  • Tua Tagovailoa 2019 (9 gms)
    71.4 comp %
    2840 yards
    33 TD
    3 INT

Mac Jones 2020 (13 gms)
    77.4 comp %
    4500 yards
    41 TD
    4 INT

Mac Jones had 1 sure first-round WR for the majority of the year (Waddle injury)

— Mike Tannenbaum

If Tua really is worthy of the #5 pick last year, doesn't it mean Miami should trade Tua for a late 1st this year, trade back from 3 to 10-13 + more, draft Mac, and order division titles for the rest of the 2020s? That would give Miami three 1st round picks in 2021, allowing them to add great talent at OL/DL and WR. After all, Mac did a little more with much less WR talent on the same team. I'm not even that big a believer in Mac. Or Tua either, for that matter.

I'm not all that impressed with Tua. If the Dolphins are in the same boat, better to cut bait now than save face or pride and keep forcing him. Much like Arizona with Josh Rosen, take what you can get if you don't really believe, or a superior QB is within reach.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

SteelLake
Starter
Starter

Postby SteelLake » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 am

I traded Tua for Hurts in 10 tm SF when rumors of Wentz trade first started. Maybe I jumped the gun, i just think hurts running gives him a ton of upside, and I don’t need either right now, so why not chase upside
Drew Christopher Brees Football Squad
Dynasty League (10 team)
2013-Present (11 years)
2017, 2022 Champion
8 playoff appearances
Record: 95-61

Keenan Alexander Allen Football Squad
Contract League (12 teams)
2015-Present (8 years)
2022, 2023 Champion
8 Playoff appearances
Record: 84-42

Dar's Outcasts
Redraft league (8-10 teams)
2020- Present (4 years)
2023 Champion
4 Playoff appearances
Record: 41-16

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:28 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 am This is what worries me about Tua. Tweet from NFL expert Mike Tannenbaum:
    71.4 comp %
    2840 yards
    33 TD
    3 INT

Mac Jones 2020 (13 gms)
    77.4 comp %
    4500 yards
    41 TD
    4 INT

— Mike Tannenbaum

I think this tweet over-simplifies some things. First, it implies that Smith and Waddle didn’t improve from 2019 to 2020. Second, it gives Tua credit for Smith and Waddle becoming first round selections, but doesn’t give credit for if the same happens to, say, John Metchie. Similarly- Alabama is going to have 3 OL taken in the top 3 rounds this year, plus Najee Harris. That offense was loaded with returning prospects.

Ultimately, these guys were the same age and Saban thought Tua was better. Both of these guys played with phenomenal talent, which is a concern for both prospects, as well as Lawrence and Fields. (It’s not a reason to not draft these guys, but playing with a ton of talent on your college offense has negative predictive value for a QB.) Mac Jones was a 1 year starter, which makes him even riskier. Tua also had at least two skills that felt translatable to the NFL as above average traits for a pro with his very quick release and his functional mobility. I’m not entirely sure what Mac Jones is going to do better than the average NFL QB.

TL;DR: Mac Jones could be good, but he’s still probably a worse prospect than Tua.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 am

71.4 comp %
    2840 yards
    33 TD
    3 INT

Mac Jones 2020 (13 gms)
    77.4 comp %
    4500 yards
    41 TD
    4 INT

— Mike Tannenbaum

If you cut bait on Tua it better be because you have a guy you believe is a cant miss QB for your scheme. Arizona did it because Kliffs guy was Murray. Murray and Jones dont belong in the same ballpark of prospect. You dont cut your #5 pick QB from last year to draft an uninspiring Mac Jones. If they want to trade Tua and take Fields/Wilson I'm on board with that.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:00 am

My take is Tua will be the man for sure unless Miami can pry Watson away from Houston with several 1st rounders and Tua in a trade.

At this point Houston wants no part in trading away their QB.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:13 pm

71.4 comp %
    2840 yards
    33 TD
    3 INT

Mac Jones 2020 (13 gms)
    77.4 comp %
    4500 yards
    41 TD
    4 INT

— Mike Tannenbaum

One of the knocks on Tua is that he came from a system that artificially manufactured success and was merely just a product of that system. So why would replace him with another guy from the same system?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:13 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 am If Tua really is worthy of the #5 pick last year, doesn't it mean Miami should trade Tua for a late 1st this year, trade back from 3 to 10-13 + more, draft Mac, and order division titles for the rest of the 2020s? That would give Miami three 1st round picks in 2021, allowing them to add great talent at OL/DL and WR. After all, Mac did a little more with much less WR talent on the same team. I'm not even that big a believer in Mac. Or Tua either, for that matter.

One of the knocks on Tua is that he came from a system that artificially manufactured success and was merely just a product of that system. So why would replace him with another guy from the same system?
Well, yeah, I mean if you want to get all logical you have a point. And it's one that I've considered. It's just that waiting all off-season to see if Tua is actually good enough is very stressful. Even moreso because he's on my fantasy team and my real life team. :crazy:
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 am If Tua really is worthy of the #5 pick last year, doesn't it mean Miami should trade Tua for a late 1st this year, trade back from 3 to 10-13 + more, draft Mac, and order division titles for the rest of the 2020s? That would give Miami three 1st round picks in 2021, allowing them to add great talent at OL/DL and WR. After all, Mac did a little more with much less WR talent on the same team. I'm not even that big a believer in Mac. Or Tua either, for that matter.

Well, yeah, I mean if you want to get all logical you have a point. And it's one that I've considered. It's just that waiting all off-season to see if Tua is actually good enough is very stressful. Even moreso because he's on my fantasy team and my real life team. :crazy:
I am a bigger believer in Jones over Tua at the NFL level and won't be surprised if Jones ultimately goes 3rd in the QB group on draft day. That said, it is way too early to eject on Tua.

Jones at 22 not only can really play he already has a Masters Degree. Pretty solid for a 22 year old. His mind works really fast on the field as well. He reads defenses with ease and comes off his primary like a skilled veteran.

I expect a long career.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 pm
I am a bigger believer in Jones over Tua at the NFL level and won't be surprised if Jones ultimately goes 3rd in the QB group on draft day. That said, it is way too early to eject on Tua.

Jones at 22 not only can really play he already has a Masters Degree. Pretty solid for a 22 year old. His mind works really fast on the field as well. He reads defenses with ease and comes off his primary like a skilled veteran.

I expect a long career.
Much like Fitzmagic? Lol he’s a Harvard grad.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:08 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 pm

I expect a long career.
Much like Fitzmagic? Lol he’s a Harvard grad.
True 16 years is impressive no doubt although Jones is Light years better coming out of college than the 7th round big brain from Harvard.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Rotoballer says TUA is the biggest QB bargain in fantasy football in 2021!
https://www.rotoballer.com/tua-tagovail ... per/908188
Rotoballer wrote: Tua's ADP ... has him getting off draft boards as the QB18... while he has a QB12 projection. That, translated to a simple ROI figure, means that Tua is the most valuable player at the position with an ADP below 100.
he was one of the best QB's at throwing catchable passes (80.3%) and showed Konami-Code-prowess, rushing the rock 3.6 times per game (70th percentile)
As a Tua owner and a Dolphins fan, I want to believe this with all my might. Should I?
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:27 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:51 pm Rotoballer says TUA is the biggest QB bargain in fantasy football in 2021!
Rotoballer wrote: Tua's ADP ... has him getting off draft boards as the QB18... while he has a QB12 projection. That, translated to a simple ROI figure, means that Tua is the most valuable player at the position with an ADP below 100.
he was one of the best QB's at throwing catchable passes (80.3%) and showed Konami-Code-prowess, rushing the rock 3.6 times per game (70th percentile)
As a Tua owner and a Dolphins fan, I want to believe this with all my might. Should I?
The ADP and value portion I would believe because it's pretty much true if you trust the projections. The stats I think are a little misleading. His very low ADoT likely contributed to his high percentage of catchable passes, so not necessarily a great positive indicator unless he starts getting more comfortable pushing the ball downfield.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:05 am

dustyroads wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:27 am
Anteaters wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:51 pm Rotoballer says TUA is the biggest QB bargain in fantasy football in 2021!
The ADP and value portion I would believe because it's pretty much true if you trust the projections. The stats I think are a little misleading. His very low ADoT likely contributed to his high percentage of catchable passes, so not necessarily a great positive indicator unless he starts getting more comfortable pushing the ball downfield.
Maybe he has finally learned the playbook..... Oh Wait; IQ and ADot are something different. :whistle:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Must be counting the interception catchable passes into the equation, if so then surprised it isn’t pushing 90%