2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm

There's already been a bunch of moves, including Matt Patricia and Adam Gase. The firings aren't necessarily done- Doug Pederson is going to have a meeting with the owner to explain his plans for the team. Letting him go is probably more cost effective than cutting/trading Wentz. A new coaching staff could unlock Wentz.

In terms of promotions, there've some interviews that would have interesting fantasy impacts. Joe Brady has been getting more play than I expected with this being his 1st year in the NFL. Another OC getting a fair amount of attention is Tennessee's Arthur Smith.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10378
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm

Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, and Eric Bienemy are the ones I'm looking at from a fantasy perspective.

Brady after LSU's success and Carolina had 4 players with 1000 yards from scrimmage despite so-so QB play. He added more diversity to Anderson and Samuel's game.

Bienemy's playcalling looks good, even though it won't look as good without Mahomes and company running it. Still, the tree he's coming from is encouraging.

Arthur Smith's been one of the best offensive playcallers in the league. The work he's done to turn Tannehill's career around and the run game he orchestrates with a talent like Henry are fantastic.

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3173
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Friction » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:58 am

Daboll will probably get a new gig, too. Agree with the above names.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

Pullo Vision
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, and Eric Bienemy are the ones I'm looking at from a fantasy perspective.

Brady after LSU's success and Carolina had 4 players with 1000 yards from scrimmage despite so-so QB play. He added more diversity to Anderson and Samuel's game.

Bienemy's playcalling looks good, even though it won't look as good without Mahomes and company running it. Still, the tree he's coming from is encouraging.

Arthur Smith's been one of the best offensive playcallers in the league. The work he's done to turn Tannehill's career around and the run game he orchestrates with a talent like Henry are fantastic.
I've been dismissing Smith as a strong candidate, but this makes sense. If we ding Gase for what he did with/to Tannehill, Smith deserves credit.

I've been confused how Joe Brady could go from OC in college to NFL OC to NFL HC. Don't see how his performance in Carolina makes him a strong fast track candidate.

Can't believe Pederson got fired, but it seems a better way to rehab Wentz.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

User avatar
TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby TB3falcons » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:55 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Bienemy's playcalling looks good, even though it won't look as good without Mahomes and company running it. Still, the tree he's coming from is encouraging.
I thought Reid called the plays in KC
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Online
nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3307
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 am

TB3falcons wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:55 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Bienemy's playcalling looks good, even though it won't look as good without Mahomes and company running it. Still, the tree he's coming from is encouraging.
I thought Reid called the plays in KC
That was my impression as well. But having been a coach with Reid since 2013 and OC for the past two Im sure he has picked up a thing or two from one of the best to ever coach
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex

realmacaroni
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:46 am

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby realmacaroni » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 am

Saleh to Jets HC
SF - 12t - PPR
QB: Mahomes - Dak - Rivers - Brissett - Eason - Rosen
RB: A Jones - A Ekeler - AJ Dillon - J Willimas - J Jackson - J Kelley - B Snell - A McFarland - J Samuels - T Homer
WR: M Thomas - D Johnson - D Parker - J Crowder - V Jefferson - D Duvernay - J Hurd - D Pettis - I Coulter - F Swain
TE: Kelce - Herndon - Keene - Akins
DEF: Rams - Jets - 49ers

User avatar
azthecrow
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1104
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby azthecrow » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:11 am

Urban Meyer to Jags. Any news/speculation on moves he may make?
He will have a good start there with Trevor Lawrence. What about other positions? I’m concerned more now with what will happen with James Robinson.

jenkins.math
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:14 am

Arthur Smith has been offered by the Falcons.

I really don't like the Saleh hiring by the Jets. Nothing against him at all, but he better hit a homerun with his OC/QB coach hire.

I actually thought Saleh made a lot of sense for the Falcons and that Arthur Smith made a lot of sense for the Jets, but I guess that shows how much I know.
Team 1: 14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, CEH, Kelley, Ahmed, Snell
WR: OBJ, Evans, Juju, Moore, Jeudy, Reagor, Corey Davis, Cooks
TE: Kittle, L. Thomas
K: Butker
D/ST: Browns, Bears
DL: Buckner
LB: Kendricks
DB: B. Baker

Team 2: 12 team PPR Salary Cap
QB: Watson, Goff
RB: Barkley, CEH, Gibson, Howard, Perine, Lewis, Ozigbo
WR: Hill, Allen, Boyd, Landry, Sims, DJax, Hamler, Westbrook
TE: Schultz, Ebron, Thomas, Keene, Jarwin
K: Tucker
D/ST: Steelers, Bills
Taxi: Lock, Bryce Love, Higgins

Team 3: 12 team SF
QB: Wentz, Mayfield, Love
RB: AP, Lewis, Perine, JJ Taylor, Vaughn, Mack
WR: Jeudy, Jeffrey, P Williams, Mooney, Cephus, Fitz, Gandy-Golden, Hightower, Swain, Bisi Johnson, Tate
TE: Doyle, Smith, Trautman, Keene, Warring

Ice
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2999
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Ice » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 am

Pullo Vision wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:19 pm

I've been confused how Joe Brady could go from OC in college to NFL OC to NFL HC. Don't see how his performance in Carolina makes him a strong fast track candidate.

Can't believe Pederson got fired, but it seems a better way to rehab Wentz.
Kliff Kingsbury has volunteered to explain this when he gets a chance. :D
OCR is a Fantasy Football Troll with Instant Memory no Recall

Pullo Vision
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 am

azthecrow wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:11 am
Urban Meyer to Jags. Any news/speculation on moves he may make?
He will have a good start there with Trevor Lawrence. What about other positions? I’m concerned more now with what will happen with James Robinson.
Why would this cause you to be worried about Robinson?
Ice wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 am
Pullo Vision wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:19 pm

I've been confused how Joe Brady could go from OC in college to NFL OC to NFL HC. Don't see how his performance in Carolina makes him a strong fast track candidate.

Can't believe Pederson got fired, but it seems a better way to rehab Wentz.
Kliff Kingsbury has volunteered to explain this when he gets a chance. :D
I don't think Kingsbury is the back up Brady wants in this argument, lol. "Give me what I want and I'll give you mediocre results!" Woohoo?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

Online
nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3307
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:43 am

Pullo Vision wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 am
azthecrow wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:11 am
Urban Meyer to Jags. Any news/speculation on moves he may make?
He will have a good start there with Trevor Lawrence. What about other positions? I’m concerned more now with what will happen with James Robinson.
Why would this cause you to be worried about Robinson?
Ice wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 am
Pullo Vision wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:19 pm

New Coach/regime, new system, possibly new higher-ish profile RB that Meyer prefers/believes will fit his system better.

Admittedly I think Robinson is such a jack-of-all-trades that I think he could do well in just about any situation. He sure as heck produced in just about the worst possible situation in the NFL right now.
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm

jenkins.math wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:14 am
Arthur Smith has been offered by the Falcons.

I really don't like the Saleh hiring by the Jets. Nothing against him at all, but he better hit a homerun with his OC/QB coach hire.

I actually thought Saleh made a lot of sense for the Falcons and that Arthur Smith made a lot of sense for the Jets, but I guess that shows how much I know.
And why would anyone choose the Jets over the Falcons?

Online
nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3307
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:03 pm

Sriracha wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm
jenkins.math wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:14 am
Arthur Smith has been offered by the Falcons.

I really don't like the Saleh hiring by the Jets. Nothing against him at all, but he better hit a homerun with his OC/QB coach hire.

I actually thought Saleh made a lot of sense for the Falcons and that Arthur Smith made a lot of sense for the Jets, but I guess that shows how much I know.
And why would anyone choose the Jets over the Falcons?
Justin fields, big market, the chance to turn around a dumpster fire, and a lot of cap space seems like a pretty compelling story. Obviously you'll have to be agreeable with the GM and share the same vision/strategy, but I think it would be fun, kind of like when you take over a garbage orphan team in dynasty to build it all back up from scratch.
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: 2020-21 Coaching/FO carousel

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:09 pm

nathanq42 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:03 pm
Sriracha wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm
jenkins.math wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:14 am
Arthur Smith has been offered by the Falcons.

I really don't like the Saleh hiring by the Jets. Nothing against him at all, but he better hit a homerun with his OC/QB coach hire.

I actually thought Saleh made a lot of sense for the Falcons and that Arthur Smith made a lot of sense for the Jets, but I guess that shows how much I know.
And why would anyone choose the Jets over the Falcons?
Justin fields, big market, the chance to turn around a dumpster fire, and a lot of cap space seems like a pretty compelling story. Obviously you'll have to be agreeable with the GM and share the same vision/strategy, but I think it would be fun, kind of like when you take over a garbage orphan team in dynasty to build it all back up from scratch.
At this point, they're more likely than not to stick with Sam Darnold.

We're talking about their careers not a Dynasty team. If they fail for whatever reason that greatly increases the chance they get fired and it's a black mark on their resume for future HC opportunities.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, Google [Bot], nathanq42, Triton85 and 9 guests