Playoff discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Playoff discussion

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:38 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:58 pm Roman needs to go. This crap doesn't work in the playoffs
Until Lamar and the passing game can consistently win from the pocket this is probably the ceiling for the Ravens. Im not sure an OC change cures those ailments.
He needs more passing weapons.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:35 am

Kmani6 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:58 pm Roman needs to go. This crap doesn't work in the playoffs
Until Lamar and the passing game can consistently win from the pocket this is probably the ceiling for the Ravens. Im not sure an OC change cures those ailments.
and to learn to throw a football
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:22 am

Dynos wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:35 am
Kmani6 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 am

and to learn to throw a football
Yea, I'd argue Huntley is a better passer than Lamar...
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:28 am

A weapon doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to use it......
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:05 pm

It's funny in Lamar's MVP season nobody complained about the weapons, just how amazing he was and how amazing a passer he had become. Same weapons this year and different results and now suddenly its the lack of weapons.

Lamar at this point still isn't good as passing outside of the numbers , its why his favourite targets are TE's and the only passes he hits to wr's are slants and the occasional deep ball when the defence is focused on stopping the run.

I think another year of tape and defences are adjusting, I expect Lamar is what he is, electric as a runner but his passing will always be below average regardless of the weapons around him.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:27 pm

KingsKing wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:05 pm It's funny in Lamar's MVP season nobody complained about the weapons, just how amazing he was and how amazing a passer he had become. Same weapons this year and different results and now suddenly its the lack of weapons.

Lamar at this point still isn't good as passing outside of the numbers , its why his favourite targets are TE's and the only passes he hits to wr's are slants and the occasional deep ball when the defence is focused on stopping the run.

I think another year of tape and defences are adjusting, I expect Lamar is what he is, electric as a runner but his passing will always be below average regardless of the weapons around him.
Ya, im a big Lamar fan and think he is one of the most fun, electric, players in the league but unfortunately i agree with you. The ravens cannot come from behind late, if they are ever going to make a late run they need to be able to do this. As soon as Lamar threw that pick 6 i think most of us knew it was over, and we only knew it was over because we knew the raves cant come from behind. Lamar does need a better WR but you cant blame it solely on that. I love him so i really do hope he gets better but right now im not so sure itll happen.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Different WRs don't fix Lamar's lack of touch on passes and some forced throws. Maybe a WR like Brandon Marshall who had size and a large catch radius would help, but I think this is mostly his own problem.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm

We literally just watched Josh Allen go from a historically bad first two seasons to an outside MVP candidate with the addition of Stefon Diggs. You guys really don’t think it’s a problem that Lamar’s best WRs are Hollywood Brown and Willie Snead?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm We literally just watched Josh Allen go from a historically bad first two seasons to an outside MVP candidate with the addition of Stefon Diggs. You guys really don’t think it’s a problem that Lamar’s best WRs are Hollywood Brown and Willie Snead?
Josh Allen is a completely different QB this year.

No doubt Diggs helps, but he’s not the major reason for Allen’s breakout

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Allen wasn’t “historically bad” his 2nd year. Threw for the same amount of yards as Lamar did in his mvp season and had 20 tds to 9 INTs

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:09 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm We literally just watched Josh Allen go from a historically bad first two seasons to an outside MVP candidate with the addition of Stefon Diggs. You guys really don’t think it’s a problem that Lamar’s best WRs are Hollywood Brown and Willie Snead?
Allen increased his completion percentage 6% from year 1-2 before Diggs arrived and then increased it again this season with the addition of Diggs and another season in the system. He was always a raw prospect but had the best arm talent in the league and a prototype build.

Lamar increased his completion 8% from year 1-2 and then regressed this season dropping 2%. Not all players possess the same ceiling and floor, Jackson never had the ability to have the ceiling as a passer Allen does.

Allen makes NFL type throws all over the field, deep outs, deep ins, back shoulders etc , Lamar makes none of those type of throws. It's all safe short stuff to the TE or slants and check downs. Would adding an Allen Robinson give him a better set of weapons, of course it would but I dont think he can consistently make the type of throws needed for it to matter.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:11 pm

People blaming Lamar need to watch Kurt Warners breakdown of the passing concepts he’s dealing with, it’s actually laughable.

Roman is a bigger problem than people think.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:19 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:11 pm People blaming Lamar need to watch Kurt Warners breakdown of the passing concepts he’s dealing with, it’s actually laughable.

Roman is a bigger problem than people think.
Do you have a link? I wouldn't mind seeing it myself

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:28 pm

That Higgins touchback is a game killer for the Browns, also I thought I was crazy blowing up at the TV for the Sorenson Helmet leading tackle but the commentators brought it up eventually. Thought I must have misunderstood the rule.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:30 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:28 pm That Higgins touchback is a game killer for the Browns, also I thought I was crazy blowing up at the TV for the Sorenson Helmet leading tackle but the commentators brought it up eventually. Thought I must have misunderstood the rule.
That was the first thing I saw. Obvious leading with the helmet. Also, the lamest rule in sports to gift the opponent with a touchback for not recovering a fumble. Every throw out of the endzone should be a touchback as well.