Playoff discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Playoff discussion

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:49 pm

I continue to be impressed at how Lamar Jackson runs so often and yet never takes a big hit. That was my biggest negative for him but he's proven me wrong.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:52 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:49 pm I continue to be impressed at how Lamar Jackson runs so often and yet never takes a big hit. That was my biggest negative for him but he's proven me wrong.
I agree. The notion that running QB will take more hits is a given. He has tons of out of bounds runs or just slides. Gives himself up very well. I've never seen him take an injury from a hit, unless I'm missing something obvious.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:46 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:03 am
Baltimore's defense are frauds too

Look what happens when they play an offense with a pulse
This aged poorly. Henry with 18 for 40 yards.

Good luck next week, should be fun
Credit where credit's due

Never seen Henry stifled like that. I expected something like a 35-31 game (either way)

I wouldn't write off the Browns yet though. Could easily be going to Buffalo

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:58 pm

Is there a non-nickelodean broadcast for this game???

Nevermind, I found it

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Hollywood with his best game of the year and 7th straight with 12+PPR points. something to build off I hope

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:13 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:29 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:03 am
Baltimore's defense are frauds too

Look what happens when they play an offense with a pulse

Never seen Henry stifled like that. I expected something like a 35-31 game (either way)

I also thought it would have been a high scoring game.

I didn't like the fact that Lamar took a knee and then ran off the field and encouraged others to do the same without shaking hands as time was winding down. Very similar to the Pistons and their exit decades ago against the Bulls. Especially after they danced and stomped on the logo at midfield to essentially end the game. I just found it pretty classless and I hope the Ravens get absolutely boat raced regardless of who they play. If im the NFL, im opening league play with that game next year. And if im the Titans im sending the house on the first play and im absolutely drilling Lamar regardless of whether he has the ball or not.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:14 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:13 pm

I didn't like the fact that Lamar took a knee and then ran off the field and encouraged others to do the same without shaking hands as time was winding down. Very similar to the Pistons and their exit decades ago against the Bulls. Especially after they danced and stomped on the logo at midfield to essentially end the game. I just found it pretty classless and I hope the Ravens get absolutely boat raced regardless of who they play. If im the NFL, im opening league play with that game next year. And if im the Titans im sending the house on the first play and im absolutely drilling Lamar regardless of whether he has the ball or not.
Lol what?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:17 pm

Terrible drop by Wims (who?) in the endzone. Pretty weak effort by Trubisky on that 4th down

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Lol what?
Did you not see the end of the game? I didn't have an issue with the dancing and stomping on the logo, but the knee and hit the tunnel without shaking hands was weak.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Lol what?
Did you not see the end of the game? I didn't have an issue with the dancing and stomping on the logo, but the knee and hit the tunnel without shaking hands was weak.
I figured that was by design after they had a scuffle last game?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:31 pm

I didn't like it either

Maybe didn't dislike it as much as you but thought it was pretty low sportsmanship and was surprised at that from Lamar after Tannehill (as I remember) was fairly gracious last year and called Lamar the most exciting player in the league

I think they were over the top excited after getting revenge and that first playoff win

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:47 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm I figured that was by design after they had a scuffle last game?
You might be on to something. The coaches could have advised him to leave immediately just in case a fight starts. Why risk the injury or suspension?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:47 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm I figured that was by design after they had a scuffle last game?
You might be on to something. The coaches could have advised him to leave immediately just in case a fight starts. Why risk the injury or suspension?
How many times has a fight broken out post game in NFL history? That might be the excuse but I just dont buy that at all. Hell I can't remember a dirty hit or anything over the last 3 games between them and now they are worried about a Boise State vs Miss State post game brawl?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:00 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Lol what?
No I actually stopped watching as soon as they gained the first down that sealed it. Handshake lines aren't as prevalent in the NFL as they are in NHL or even NBA. Plus with covid it's kind of discouraged. But seriously, who cares? I assume BAL plays KC next week and I highly doubt KC cares whether or not BAL shook hands with TEN after the game

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Little late on this comment, but what did you guys think of Cam Sims the other night? I wonder if he is going to get a nice contract elsewhere.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D