Playoff discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Playoff discussion

Postby AussieMate » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:05 pm

I agree, both looked very average as runners early on, they both really came in hot to finish the season and hopefully can keep these bellow roles going into next season. Would like to see them both get 3-4 targets a game as well.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:56 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:40 pm Cam Akers really was a steal at his 3rd round rookie draft price.
:lol: Brutal

I'll give him some credit, though.. it's clear that two of the most talented 2nd round RBs in this draft class needed to learn a few things before they took off. JT struggled to start the year, and Akers looked bad in week 1. Talent + Hard work looks like it's won out for those two, though.
I have no idea who you’re referencing, but if the argument was to pass on Taylor because he’d struggle and you’d be able to buy him this off-season, that argument was hilariously, demonstrably incorrect.

CEH is the only RB that I think you can get for cheaper now than you could pre-season. It’s hard to say Akers struggled- dude had a rib injury.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:10 pm

I can’t wait for Fournette to re-emerge next season.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:34 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:10 pm I can’t wait for Fournette to re-emerge next season.
132 from scrimmage, 4 catches, and a TD against a decent Washington defense is solid.

Unfortunately I think this guy just rubs NFL coaches, scouts, and front office types the wrong way. I’d like to see it because he has the talent, but who do you think gives him a feature back job at this point? The Jets?

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:34 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:10 pm I can’t wait for Fournette to re-emerge next season.
132 from scrimmage, 4 catches, and a TD against a decent Washington defense is solid.

Unfortunately I think this guy just rubs NFL coaches, scouts, and front office types the wrong way. I’d like to see it because he has the talent, but who do you think gives him a feature back job at this point? The Jets?
Tampa if Rojo gets hurt.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:28 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:32 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:56 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:40 pm Cam Akers really was a steal at his 3rd round rookie draft price.
:lol: Brutal

I'll give him some credit, though.. it's clear that two of the most talented 2nd round RBs in this draft class needed to learn a few things before they took off. JT struggled to start the year, and Akers looked bad in week 1. Talent + Hard work looks like it's won out for those two, though.
I have no idea who you’re referencing, but if the argument was to pass on Taylor because he’d struggle and you’d be able to buy him this off-season, that argument was hilariously, demonstrably incorrect.

CEH is the only RB that I think you can get for cheaper now than you could pre-season. It’s hard to say Akers struggled- dude had a rib injury.
:lol: At least the RBs you want.

I don't think that Rib injury was a true deterrence; otherwise he wouldn't have gotten so much work in garbage time... and he definitely looked bad in week 1.

In any case, he's probably landed the largest role of any of the rookie RBs in his offense and is looking like a bell cow on a run first team with a top O-line (who'd have thought that given all the flack they got this off-season for not addressing their O-line issue?)

Almost like he was a highly regarded highschool recruit, who tested well at the combine and performed at a high level in college despite one of the worst O-lines in NCAAF? :whistle:

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:36 am

Tennessee has become my favorite non-hometown team. However, my prediction is that Baltimore absolutely rolls them today. Whichever team takes control early can make this a blood bath and I just don’t see how Tennessee will have anything to slow down Baltimore’s offense right now.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:29 am

jman3134 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Tampa if Rojo gets hurt.
I think people over exaggerate “character issues”. Fournette was playing on a rookie deal for a floundering and poor Jaguars team that probably wasn’t going to pay him or aligned with his best interests. When you think of Fournette sliding last night to stay in bounds and keep the clock running it gives you a larger sense that Fournette is actually not a selfish player. On the contrary, I think he is most satisfied when he is a part of a teams success and I think thats where the relationship with the Jaguars eroded. He is a competitor. I think his behavior would only rub a losing coach, scout, and front office the wrong way. But he could very easily go to Pittsburgh, SF, or return to TB and be solid. Maybe even Baltimore if Gus Edwards walks. That would give Baltimore a very Chubb/Hunt like RB duo. I think there will be plenty of opportunity.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:29 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:29 am
jman3134 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Tampa if Rojo gets hurt.
I think people over exaggerate “character issues”. Fournette was playing on a rookie deal for a floundering and poor Jaguars team that probably wasn’t going to pay him or aligned with his best interests. When you think of Fournette sliding last night to stay in bounds and keep the clock running it gives you a larger sense that Fournette is actually not a selfish player. On the contrary, I think he is most satisfied when he is a part of a teams success and I think thats where the relationship with the Jaguars eroded. He is a competitor. I think his behavior would only rub a losing coach, scout, and front office the wrong way. But he could very easily go to Pittsburgh, SF, or return to TB and be solid. Maybe even Baltimore if Gus Edwards walks. That would give Baltimore a very Chubb/Hunt like RB duo. I think there will be plenty of opportunity.
I’m not saying that he has real character issues, just that he clearly rubs NFL decision makers the wrong way, even if it’s all trivial/imagined stuff.

Baltimore would rough, sharing the load with Dobbins. Pittsburgh is interesting. I’d be surprised if SF is interested.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:09 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:29 am
I’m not saying that he has real character issues, just that he clearly rubs NFL decision makers the wrong way, even if it’s all trivial/imagined stuff.
I think it is probably unfair to use the front office of Jax as indication that he rubs all NFL decision makers the wrong way. I have heard nothing out ot Tampa that leads me to think he's not doing everything he is asked. Things absolutely went south in Jax and he clearly was part of that, I just don't believe he was all of that.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:03 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:36 am Tennessee has become my favorite non-hometown team. However, my prediction is that Baltimore absolutely rolls them today. Whichever team takes control early can make this a blood bath and I just don’t see how Tennessee will have anything to slow down Baltimore’s offense right now.
Baltimore's defense are frauds too

Look what happens when they play an offense with a pulse

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:13 pm

This ESPN crew is pretty bad imo

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:13 pm This ESPN crew is pretty bad imo
I think they all have good qualities, I just think 3 is too many in a booth
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:29 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:14 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:13 pm This ESPN crew is pretty bad imo
I think they all have good qualities, I just think 3 is too many in a booth
Possibly. I think Riddick is the issue mostly

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:46 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:03 am
Baltimore's defense are frauds too

Look what happens when they play an offense with a pulse
This aged poorly. Henry with 18 for 40 yards.

Good luck next week, should be fun