How do you prioritize/manage multiple teams?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PTW32
Captain
Captain

How do you prioritize/manage multiple teams?

Postby PTW32 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:51 pm

So I'm relatively new to dynasty (3 years or so) and I'm wondering what strategys some of you use for managing multiple squads particularly in the offseason.

I'm going to share informantion about my teams so i can explain my thoughts but my intent is not for this to be about me but instead be a general discussion about strategys.

I'm in 6 total dynast leagues, all slightly different. I'll list key settings and this years finish.

1. 8 team SF league with college friends. Free
Non playoff team.
2. 10 team 1QB (transitioning to SF in a few years) barely made playoffs 1st round exist.
3. 10 Team 1QB 2TE
Champion
4. 10 Team 1QB TE Premuim Empire League
Champion
5. 12 Team 1QB keep 16 draft 8
4th place
6. 16 Team SF
Runner up

Ive been adding leagues since I got hooked so this will be my first offseasin with this many and I'm alittle overwhelmed.

My question for those of you with lots of leagues is now do you stay on top of it all?

Some options in my mind.
1. Just wing it. Respond to inquires when they come. Make trade offers when something strikes you but dont focus on 1 at a time.
2. Start with and spend more time on the bigger money leagues.
3. Do leagues with similar settings (SF together)
4. Try to work on contenders 1st and rebuilders next or vise versa.

My early thoughts are that I will start with my Empire league where im the defending champ as that is the most inportant to me. Concentrate on atleast coming about with a plan for what offseason moves id like to make. Then move on to my other strong contenders and down the line with my no money league being at the bottom of the list.

I'm probably overthinking this and will hear from guys with 20 leagues that they just wing it but im still interested in hearing thoughts
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: How do you prioritize/manage multiple teams?

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:56 pm

I keep all my leagues on the same platform (mfl) and I set text alerts. The only thing I miss occasionally is waiver pickups, but even then I still get my fair share of priority adds.

Cant say I prioritize any of my leagues, because they are all in different stages. I think you gotta just come up with a gameplan for each. Theres plenty of offseason coming up to spend more than enough time on all.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:52 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:56 pm I keep all my leagues on the same platform (mfl) and I set text alerts.
Might try this for the first time this year. I like how there's a bit of functionality common to all your MFL teams, like checking FA status.

My one long-time home league is mostly great and I love my roster, but there are a few things that drive me nuts, so expanding to two or three total dynasty might help lower the volume on that. Still a bit torn on splitting my attention and all the time I already spend on dynasty (too much! lol), but looks like as good a time as any.

Ultimately, love dynasty! Tried other formats (best ball, daily) this past year too, both were challenging and refreshing. Probably will try BB again, not sure about daily, for football anyway. Hopefully there's even more multi-league functionality in MFL in '21.

As for prioritizing, my guess would be similar to the poster above - just have to have a plan for each, as their team statuses will all be different. Me, I'd spend less time on rebuilds and more on contenders. Not a huge difference, but... it's still about winning first and a pretty roster second, right?
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:43 pm

I'm in five dynasties, all except one on MFL. One switched to Flea Flicker after some dropped player waiver issues on MFL last year. I can't stand that there's one outlier. Not surprised that league activity is down on that one. Flea Flicker is not intuitive.

As to the original question, you know which leagues you enjoy the most. Focus on those. Don't ignore or let the others lag, but you don't have to give them all equal attention. I've found that some leagues change in that you once really liked them, then they fade a bit, & vice versa. Set up alerts, sort the emails from the leagues into folders. Do things to automate & make it easier to maintain your teams.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:47 pm

Depends on the league. I now only play in 3 dynasty leagues these days.

I won't play in less than 12 team leagues and once they get to 14 team leagues I like a bit more rule versatility as they get a bit harder to build effectively. Anything less or more luck plays too big a factor for my tastes.

League Complexity drives time. In my IDP league with 32 spots, 60 contract years, over 3 years, tagging rules, auction and salary caps with balanced scoring is a year round task. Best league to be coach and G but not for everyone.

But outside of that on a basic 12 team league it is all about the prize. The bigger the prize the more time one should invest. Usually the players are way better so time isn't wasted. The best part is playing in leagues with good owners. Easy to devote time if you like them and are not spread too thin.

Just got out of my only free league because the start rules will kill or cause too much turnover if it remains 16 teams.

All Dynasties are on MFL which really helps. I am really happy about blending 3 dynasty with 3 money redraft leagues. My favorite redraft is IDP based off my IDP dynasty that I commished for over a decade. All leagues are very stable ownership. 2 of my dynasty leagues also have redrafts which is really fun. They are only like $50 - $100 entry fee type leagues but it keeps us all in contact. I recommend this a great alternative to too many dynasty leagues which gets pretty boring for me.

My only real advice is if leagues have flakes for owners get out. The game is about fun competition not basement dwelling idiots. I find the better the competition the better the league.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:58 pm

I definitely prioritize the league I participared in the startup for. The orphan I picked up is just a side project where I'm experimenting building through picks.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm

So I am in 19 (soon to be 20) dynasty/keeper leagues. I usually do 3-5 redrafts every year as well. I started out with one league in 1996 (4 player keeper), a second in 1997 (redraft), and a third in 1998 (redraft that turned into a 10 player keeper in 2001). It wasn't until 2010 that I started adding on dynasty leagues and have added at least one dynasty league every year since. Obviously some of them have folded over time but some are going strong 10 years in. I also only play in leagues that are 12 teams +

A couple of tools that have really helped as I have expanded are google docs and myplaybook on fantasypros. Google docs is a great way to organize everything. I have a tab for my standings across my leagues, a tab for dynasty league rosters (color coded), a tab for redraft league rosters, tabs for all my teams playoff history, and tabs for my main leagues championship history. I am kind of the historian for our 1996 and 2001 (originally 1998) leagues (the 1997 league folded). I update the rosters every week during the season after waivers are run. I also have the team starting requirements and when waivers run noted (as well as my future draft picks and how much FABB I have left). I am OCD so this really helps calm that down. I will see if I can put my google doc link in my signature if you are bored and curious.

Myplaybook on fantasypros is also a god sent. I even pay for the full package every year at this point. It has a lot of tools to keep your leagues straight, but most importantly, which players are available on the waiver wire and as free agents every week. I can not do this service justice by just typing about it, you should check it out and maybe upload one of your teams for free to see how it looks. During the season they also run deals that if you deposit $10 on draftkings (or whichever site they are running the promo with) you get the service free for 6 months.

I agree with some of what was said above...especially the platforms of my leagues. Out of 20 dynasty/keeper leagues I have 19 of them on RT Sports. About the same ratio with my redrafts as well. In terms of rooting interests, I root for my main leagues first and foremost and let the chips fall where they may with the others. While the 1996/2001 leagues aren't for the highest money, they have the biggest hometown bragging rights. I often say I could go 2-21 one week and be happy and go 21-2 another week and be unhappy if I am going 2-0 vs. 0-2 in my main leagues respectively. That is not saying I neglect the other leagues, not in the least. I usually try to take one or two leagues and focus on building them up over the course of the off season...then move on to one or two more the next off season. I like to keep all my teams as fresh as possible.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:35 pm

My leagues are prioritized.

Like if someone put a gun to my head & said "cut 1 league right now or die", I could easily make that cut. Same if that same gun-weilder forced me to drop 2 or 3.

Sometimes the leagues move up or down on the totem pole depending on the overall characteristics & personality of it. That factor changes each year.

But I will say that I did just cut down from a 48 team league that had 4 copies of each player. My preference is 12 team, no IDP. The more leagues I'm in, the less I want to be a slave to the waiver wire & lineup submissions.

In the future, if I'm going to add a league, I prefer it to be a best ball format. Superflex/TE premium sounds good. I like drafting & trading. I hate blind bidding, waiver wiring, and lineup babysitting.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:37 pm

joeday wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm

Myplaybook on fantasypros is also a god sent. I even pay for the full package every year at this point. It has a lot of tools to keep your leagues straight, but most importantly, which players are available on the waiver wire and as free agents every week. I can not do this service justice by just typing about it, you should check it out and maybe upload one of your teams for free to see how it looks. During the season they also run deals that if you deposit $10 on draftkings (or whichever site they are running the promo with) you get the service free for 6 months.
I use Footballguys for this. Their league dominator is epic! I sync all my MFL & Yahoo leagues & use their 5 second primer for lineups & pickups.