Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Entirely Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:52 am

fourdeans wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:46 am I'm holding out for Bijan Robinson in 2023.
There are going to be multiple good RBs in that class. 2023 looks like a potentially loaded class, I'll be buying '23 picks as soon as I can, and will be spending most of my time during the '22 draft trading my picks for future picks.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:18 pm

Matt Corral will be talked about I would have thought - Ole Miss red shirt sophomore QB this year.

Was watching Elijah Moore film and noticed him and on further review he looks great, had one terrible game but great games against Alabama, Florida and Vanderbilt. Lacks a little arm strength deep but will be good to see how he develops.

Personally like him more than Lance lol but apparently he is going back to school.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:57 pm

fourdeans wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:46 am I'm holding out for Bijan Robinson in 2023.
Will Shipley in 2024 is where it’s at.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:33 am

Where does Olave fit into this group of wrs now that hes coming back? I'd probably have him slotted in with Burks in my own rankings. A returning Justyn Ross will be fascinating to watch as well. Inconsistent, but made a lot of big boy plays down the field for Clemson before the diagnosis and surgery.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:23 am

What’s the latest on Ross? Had he been cleared to play?

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:09 pm

Seems to be a bit of a down year for prospects in 2022 overall. Move them now if you can for 2021 picks or 2023 picks.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:20 pm

DJB wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:09 pm Seems to be a bit of a down year for prospects in 2022 overall. Move them now if you can for 2021 picks or 2023 picks.
Thats what I heard with 2021, in 2020

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:20 pm
DJB wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:09 pm Seems to be a bit of a down year for prospects in 2022 overall. Move them now if you can for 2021 picks or 2023 picks.
Thats what I heard with 2021, in 2020
This lol

2022 will be a fine class by the time it comes. Just unlikely to be a 2020/2017 type great one or have a Saquon/Zeke type talent like 2018/2016

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 pm

I thought so too initially, but the WR class is actually looking quite strong and most of the top prospects have the more prototypical size people love rather than the mostly undersized guys in this years class. A couple will have some injury concerns (Justyn Ross neck surgery and George Pickens tore his ACL a week or so ago) but will hopefully be near full health by around the time of the combine (Ross seems to be on track to play this year). Arkansas' Treylon Burks, OSU's Garrett Wilson and Purdue's David Bell are all very promising looking Junior's with high 1st round potential and OSU's Chris Olave was a potential 1st round pick this year who opted to return to school.

On top of the WRs, Texas A&M RB Isaiah Spiller looks to be a very good prospect and I would probably take him over any RB in this years class, and Iowa State's Breece Hall is also a highly valued RB in Devy circles (#1 Devy for many) and also could be better than this years top RBs.

The QB class is nowhere near as strong, but UNC's Sam Howell and OU's Spencer Rattler are early favorites for the 1st overall pick in the NFL Draft next year.

TE there is definitely no Kyle Pitts, but another A&M product, Jalen Wydermyer, is a very good receiver and all-around TE and a strong 2nd round contender with 1st round potential.

On top of the guys we already know about there are always going to be more that emerge over the year, so overall I am actually looking forward to this class more than I was at first glance. 2023 though does look like a potentially very strong class, so getting those picks now may be a pretty good idea too.

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 am

I think the 2022 class has better RB depth than the 2021 draft with Spiller,Hall and Williams all falling in the same tier as Etienne,Harris and Williams. I think Spiller,Hall, Bell, Olave & Wilson make up a solid top 5.

I’m surprised how easy it has been to pick up extra early picks in the 2022 draft in 3 of my leagues as people seem down on the class as a whole. Every year you seem to hear that the next class won’t be as good as the one before it yet rookie fever and pick values become just as inflated as they did the year before.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:30 pm

dhanks91 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 am I think the 2022 class has better RB depth than the 2021 draft with Spiller,Hall and Williams all falling in the same tier as Etienne,Harris and Williams. I think Spiller,Hall, Bell, Olave & Wilson make up a solid top 5.

I’m surprised how easy it has been to pick up extra early picks in the 2022 draft in 3 of my leagues as people seem down on the class as a whole. Every year you seem to hear that the next class won’t be as good as the one before it yet rookie fever and pick values become just as inflated as they did the year before.
Hall spiller and Kyren would not be in the top 3 in this class. Maybe they can improve but as of right now they aren’t the same tier of prospect. Hall and Spiller win by capitalizing on defenders taking bad angles. That’s a similar strategy to Hubbard and it goes away quite a bit at the next level. Kyren doesn’t even do that. Maybe I’m missing something but at first glance Holani from Boise St. is my best RB in the class.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:35 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:30 pm
dhanks91 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 am I think the 2022 class has better RB depth than the 2021 draft with Spiller,Hall and Williams all falling in the same tier as Etienne,Harris and Williams. I think Spiller,Hall, Bell, Olave & Wilson make up a solid top 5.

Hall spiller and Kyren would not be in the top 3 in this class. Maybe they can improve but as of right now they aren’t the same tier of prospect. Hall and Spiller win by capitalizing on defenders taking bad angles. That’s a similar strategy to Hubbard and it goes away quite a bit at the next level. Kyren doesn’t even do that. Maybe I’m missing something but at first glance Holani from Boise St. is my best RB in the class.
Meh Agree to disagree

This year's RBs are horribly unimpressive to me. The fact someone like Etienne is even considered for a top 3 pick is evidence of that

I'd take Hall and Spiller over them easily (except Najee-that's closer). Unlike Hubbard those guys have vision and good RB instincts--not to mention hands, YAC, contact balance, not being useless on 3rd down, etc

Not sure Kyren will be a top 3 RB when it's said and done

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:26 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:35 pm

Meh Agree to disagree

This year's RBs are horribly unimpressive to me. The fact someone like Etienne is even considered for a top 3 pick is evidence of that

I'd take Hall and Spiller over them easily (except Najee-that's closer). Unlike Hubbard those guys have vision and good RB instincts--not to mention hands, YAC, contact balance, not being useless on 3rd down, etc

Seems like you disagree with me on almost every player, and I’m ok with that.

That take in bold I’m very interested in keeping an eye on as the only RB from last years class I’d have over ETN is JT based on talent coming into the league.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:39 am

jjleurquin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:26 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:35 pm

Meh Agree to disagree

Seems like you disagree with me on almost every player, and I’m ok with that.

That take in bold I’m very interested in keeping an eye on as the only RB from last years class I’d have over ETN is JT based on talent coming into the league.
I'm the same way as the bolded comment on Etienne. I cannot shake the CJ Spiller vibes he gives me. I feel like he'll be the puff piece all-star for the next three or four offseasons, saying "this is the season Etienne breaks out!" I made a point to trade for the 1.01 as early as possible to get Harris because I didn't want to miss out and end up trying to move for Etienne. Again, only time will tell with all these guys though.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 pm
I thought so too initially, but the WR class is actually looking quite strong and most of the top prospects have the more prototypical size people love rather than the mostly undersized guys in this years class. A couple will have some injury concerns (Justyn Ross neck surgery and George Pickens tore his ACL a week or so ago) but will hopefully be near full health by around the time of the combine (Ross seems to be on track to play this year). Arkansas' Treylon Burks, OSU's Garrett Wilson and Purdue's David Bell are all very promising looking Junior's with high 1st round potential and OSU's Chris Olave was a potential 1st round pick this year who opted to return to school.

On top of the WRs, Texas A&M RB Isaiah Spiller looks to be a very good prospect and I would probably take him over any RB in this years class, and Iowa State's Breece Hall is also a highly valued RB in Devy circles (#1 Devy for many) and also could be better than this years top RBs.

The QB class is nowhere near as strong, but UNC's Sam Howell and OU's Spencer Rattler are early favorites for the 1st overall pick in the NFL Draft next year.

TE there is definitely no Kyle Pitts, but another A&M product, Jalen Wydermyer, is a very good receiver and all-around TE and a strong 2nd round contender with 1st round potential.

On top of the guys we already know about there are always going to be more that emerge over the year, so overall I am actually looking forward to this class more than I was at first glance. 2023 though does look like a potentially very strong class, so getting those picks now may be a pretty good idea too.
Drake London too