RB stashes vs players with higher upside

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

RB stashes vs players with higher upside

Postby gpaok » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:25 am

I loaded my IR spot with Damien Williams (in the even he plays next year), and John Brown - the other two I was considering were Jawrin or Preston Williams.

And now I am debating which players to add to fill my roster. I tend to usually load up on what if RBs sometimes leaving players which have higher potential so need your help :)

Who would you stash from the following:

The what if RBs:
LaMical Perine - he might be the top RB next year? But hasn’t shown much
Ke’Shawn Vaughn - assuming Fournette doesn’t come back Vaughn could be a David Johnson like story where Arian preps him for one year and then he becomes the main guy.
Rashaad Penny/ Deejay Dallas - Carson is a FA with high chances of leaving
Alexander Mattisson - he seems like a good handcuff but I don’t have Cook. I had him last offseason and it didn’t work out so ready to drop him.

Then the higher likelihood to succeed players:
Darnell Mooney - he seems like he could be the main WR next year if Robinson leaves! Has shown lots this year too.
Gabriel Davis - he might be the no2 next year and they like him a lot.
Adam Trautman - I have Fant, Hockerson, and I. Smith Jr but it seems like trautman has caught 100% of passes and J Cook is a FA which most likely will be gone.
Preston Williams - he would be a top Wr if healthy.
Collin Johnson - he might be in a great situation next year with Lawrence being their QB

Things to note: my league doesn’t trade RBs easily unless you overpay and I tend to be a top 4 finish I get low draft picks. We also can’t trade picks :(

So my strategy has been to pick what-if RBs like Edmonds, back in the day Carson, mattison etc some very few pan out but a lot more that usually don’t pan out. This makes me pass on players like Chark or Claypool or back in the days T Hill to name a few.

So who would you stash/ add now for the offseason?

Davis seems like a MUST stash, Penny since I have Carson seems reasonable and Mooney. I have room to keep 5 spots unless you would drop others from my signature.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: RB stashes vs players with higher upside

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:59 am

Ke'Shawn Vaughn and Alexander Mattison should absolutely be rostered. Go get'm. Is this a real shallow roster league?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:07 am

Yeah majority of those guys are rostered in my leagues already; so agree with above that you should def grab at least Mattison, Vaughn, and I'd say Preston Williams as well (sleepers showing him already rostered in 70% of leagues). And posted in another thread on the boards I'd be targeting Gabriel Davis, Collin Johnson, and Donald Parham as cheap buys/throw in's on some larger moves I'll be making this offseason. Good overall list you have. I tend to lean towards high upside WR over RB for end of the bench stashes, at least until we get closer to the season and find out who are in definite back up roles at RB.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Probably belongs in the Dynasty Team Advice forum.

I have several of those players you're targeting to grab/keep and I like your reasoning. I'd add McFarland to the list because who knows what happens with that PIT running game next year. Soured on Mattison and Mooney as the year went on - they're ok, but not above all those other guys.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:59 am Ke'Shawn Vaughn and Alexander Mattison should absolutely be rostered. Go get'm. Is this a real shallow roster league?
It’s a 10 team with 25 roster spots but no one used ir in offseason and a lot have 4-5 between defenses plus kickers!

RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:11 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:07 pm Probably belongs in the Dynasty Team Advice forum.

I have several of those players you're targeting to grab/keep and I like your reasoning. I'd add McFarland to the list because who knows what happens with that PIT running game next year. Soured on Mattison and Mooney as the year went on - they're ok, but not above all those other guys.
Was trying to keep it general about rb long shots vs higher chance wr but I see your point in the team advice also. Is there a way to move a thread?

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:10 pm

So it's a choice between 5?

Mooney, Gabriel Davis, Vaughn and Mattson should be kept. So you only have 1 choice left amongst low quality players. I'd keep Penny amongst the choices above, specially if you want to lean RB. Trautman is nice and worth keeping if you'd want to go that route.

Perrine I do not have much hope for, Collin Johnson is behind 2 young WR, Preston really hasn't done much, getting hurt this year and building no chemistry with Tua will kill his value.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:00 am

Mooney, Davis, Vaughn, Mattison are locks--especially Mooney and Davis

The last one would Trautman for me--he has shown as much as you could hope for in a rookie TE and the Saints gave up quite a bit to get him

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:24 am

Gabriel Davis and Penny jump out easily for me.
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:13 am

Good answers everyone - interesting to see that none things Dallas is a stash.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:18 am

Anyone see any point in keeping Michel? He seems to be in a team/coach situation that doesn’t help for fantasy and this year he was injured for a while.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:26 am

gpaok wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:18 am Anyone see any point in keeping Michel? He seems to be in a team/coach situation that doesn’t help for fantasy and this year he was injured for a while.
I'll hang onto him. He's got one year left in NE, so there's a chance he goes elsewhere and gets used. The odds seem low that he's ever a startable RB, but I don't cut people unless I have to.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:34 am

gpaok wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:18 am Anyone see any point in keeping Michel? He seems to be in a team/coach situation that doesn’t help for fantasy and this year he was injured for a while.
You never know with RBs in New England. So, Michel could somehow regain his starting role there next year. The Patriots RBs are just a magic 8ball.

But, after he leaves New England I think he's JAG.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:58 pm

gpaok wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:13 am Good answers everyone - interesting to see that none things Dallas is a stash.
I did at one point--looking at the fantasy scorelines of his starting stretch midseason but despite the decent scorelines he was only getting 3.2 YPA--not something that screams heir apparent when paired with 4th round draft capital so personally I would look elsewhere for a stash because even if Carson walks I see Seattle bringing someone new in (likely by FA considering their draft capital but possibly by draft) before trusting Dallas

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:19 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:10 pm So it's a choice between 5?

Mooney, Gabriel Davis, Vaughn and Mattson should be kept. So you only have 1 choice left amongst low quality players. I'd keep Penny amongst the choices above, specially if you want to lean RB. Trautman is nice and worth keeping if you'd want to go that route.

Perrine I do not have much hope for, Collin Johnson is behind 2 young WR, Preston really hasn't done much, getting hurt this year and building no chemistry with Tua will kill his value.
I'd like to argue he was showing real nice chemistry with Tua before he got hurt. I believe he left the AZ game early but already had 4-60 with a TD. Tua's first full game was the week before where he had only 93 yards passing vs the Rams i believe. Hard to say if the Tua to Preston connection was only due to AZ possibly locking down Parker with Patrick Peterson, but as a Preston owner i was liking what i saw
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons