Top Offseason Trade Targets

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Top Offseason Trade Targets

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Going into the offseason who are your must haves (via trade) that you want on your roster before the 2021 season starts

Whether they are buy highs. buy lows or buy mediums

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Top Offseason Trade Targets

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm thinking Gesicki. His Tua/Fitzpatrick splits show to me that he could be a major weapon with more aggressive QB play.

I'd like to get Herbert but I'm probably too late.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm going to check on the price of Mike Evans and Darren Waller where they fit a need for me.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Joe Burrow, coming off an injury and going to be overshadowed by young QBs like Herbert and Lawrence. Definitely try and get him before the NFL Draft, because there is a chance of a reunion with Ja'marr Chase and he would get a pretty big boost in value after that. Even if they don't add Chase, Higgins and Boyd are a very nice duo to throw to as is.

CEH, still going to be pricey but will probably have a lot of owners panicking especially if he has a quiet post season as he tries to play through a high ankle sprain. I'm still confident he's an RB1 in the coming years, and he was on pace for roughly what I expected in his rookie season before getting hurt.

Jerry Jeudy, yes had drop issues and didn't live up to the hype many were putting on him preseason (similar to CEH), but the ability to get open is clearly there and he wouldn't be the first young WR to struggle with drops and fix it with more experience. With so many rookie WRs that hit this year and another strong class coming in he'll probably be another guy that gets devalued by a lot of owners.

Dallas Goedert, Ertz could be leaving as a cap casualty and there's pretty much no chance Ertz gets an extension in Philly. Would leave Goedert as the pretty clear best receiving option in Philly, and he's already a really good fantasy TE but he could be in line for another step up in production. Shouldn't be overly expensive and will probably be behind Kittle, Kelce, Waller, Andrews, Hockenson, Fant and Pitts in ADP.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:04 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:51 pm Jerry Jeudy, yes had drop issues and didn't live up to the hype many were putting on him preseason (similar to CEH), but the ability to get open is clearly there and he wouldn't be the first young WR to struggle with drops and fix it with more experience. With so many rookie WRs that hit this year and another strong class coming in he'll probably be another guy that gets devalued by a lot of owners.

Dallas Goedert, Ertz could be leaving as a cap casualty and there's pretty much no chance Ertz gets an extension in Philly. Would leave Goedert as the pretty clear best receiving option in Philly, and he's already a really good fantasy TE but he could be in line for another step up in production. Shouldn't be overly expensive and will probably be behind Kittle, Kelce, Waller, Andrews, Hockenson, Fant and Pitts in ADP.
Love both of these, big fan of both players.

If we're talking about my top trade target of the offseason... it's clearly DJ Chark. His arrow is screaming upward right now, and in the off-chance that the owner hasn't fully understood his value yet, I will be enquiring.

By the same token - I will be checking in on Denzel Mims. I think he flashed some down the stretch, and there may be owners who are currently despondent at Lawrence no longer coming to town. The truth is - he will improve in his second year, the GM is good in NY and will add more playmakers, and just about any coach they bring in will be better than Gase.

Mims is a buy imo.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:34 pm

mild wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:04 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:51 pm Jerry Jeudy, yes had drop issues and didn't live up to the hype many were putting on him preseason (similar to CEH), but the ability to get open is clearly there and he wouldn't be the first young WR to struggle with drops and fix it with more experience. With so many rookie WRs that hit this year and another strong class coming in he'll probably be another guy that gets devalued by a lot of owners.

Love both of these, big fan of both players.

If we're talking about my top trade target of the offseason... it's clearly DJ Chark. His arrow is screaming upward right now, and in the off-chance that the owner hasn't fully understood his value yet, I will be enquiring.

By the same token - I will be checking in on Denzel Mims. I think he flashed some down the stretch, and there may be owners who are currently despondent at Lawrence no longer coming to town. The truth is - he will improve in his second year, the GM is good in NY and will add more playmakers, and just about any coach they bring in will be better than Gase.

Mims is a buy imo.
I’m liking the Mims call. Sadly, I traded him away this year in the only league I owned him. Would definitely be looking to add him where I can.

Also...how about Bryan Edwards? He was sort of a fantasy darling last offseason before he put up a quiet season. Ruggs is the only other long term WR that I see on their depth chart. Agholor is Agholor (even though he seems to have figured out how to catch now). Zay Jones is a basket case. Renfrow is an interesting but a replaceable slot guy. Edwards has solid draft capital and hopefully will improve with a normal offseason.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Buy low/throw ins on trades or just pick up off waivers depending on roster size. Longer shots but with the cheap factor in mind.

Donald Parham - Hunter Henry is out, Herbert looked great, and Parham should get first shot. More situation than talent, but worth a stash imo

Collin Johnson - Cole and Westbrook likely out. Lawrence almost assuredly in. And should cost next to nothing.

Gabriel Davis/Isaiah Hodgins - Beasley is long in the tooth and Smokey isn’t far behind. A potentially longer wait on this; but Beasley’s contract is up in 2022 with a very small cap hit to be gone in 21 and similarly Browns contract is up in 21 and can be gone with minimal hit this upcoming year. And I was always a bit higher on both these guys to begin with.

The theme here obviously all being linked to young ascending QBs.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:47 am

Tony Pollard for me

Gives me some Austin Ekeler vibes

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:17 am

Right now, Diontae Johnson is my favorite target. If he fixes the drops next season...look out.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:31 am

Diontea for the right price but my main one is DK. He'll be expensive but I think it'll be worth it given my depth, I can afford it.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:17 am Right now, Diontae Johnson is my favorite target. If he fixes the drops next season...look out.
Are you worried that when Ben is healthy he won't be throwing so many short passes? I can see Diontae's targets dropping.

Edit: I suppose if JuJu leaves Pittsburgh, Diontae's value will shoot up. If JuJu stays, Johnson's value may dip a little.
Last edited by Pac_Eddy on Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:44 am

I personally am looking to buy Joe Mixon, Chase Young, Denzel Mims, and one if Shenault/Chark.

I probably won't have any luck because the 3 toughest owners to deal with in my league own these players.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:58 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:17 am Right now, Diontae Johnson is my favorite target. If he fixes the drops next season...look out.
Are you worried that when Ben is healthy he won't be throwing so many short passes? I can see Diontae's targets dropping.

Edit: I suppose if JuJu leaves Pittsburgh, Diontae's value will shoot up. If JuJu stays, Johnson's value may dip a little.
I think even if Ben is healthy, Johnson's value maintains because he gets open quicker than anyone on that team regardless of the level.

Also, the thing to remember is that Johnson did this while functioning as their primary outside receiver. He only played 8.1% of his snaps from the slot. So, his coverage shouldn't be much different and he may actually even get more snaps in the slot next season with Juju gone.

Johnson seems like one of the better floors for a breakout that you can find. He averaged 10 targets a game and with or without Juju he's going to be the go-to guy.

I bet you can get him for a mid-first right now while people are focusing on the drops and low YPRR.

RoyalPalmer
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RoyalPalmer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:24 am

Fant in TE premium. I own him in one league (moved Jonnu+JT to the Mack owner for Dobbins and Fant during the draft) and it was a frustrating season to say the least. But when he flashed he showed excellence. There's a chance Denver adds a QB or makes a trade for one and I think trying to get Fant before any move, or hell even if they don't do anything, would be a solid buy.
Sutton for the same reasons.

An additional mid 1st in Superflex. In one of my leagues five of the owners of the top six picks could use a QB. I'm hoping to move my second 1st from the 1.12 to that 1.07-1.10 range because I don't think it would be crazy to see some of the QBs like Lance or Wilson in that range, but if four QBs go in the top six than it would also not be crazy to see the likes of Smith or one of the top RBs fall that far. These picks should have a premium price range in SF but I just don't see people valuing then in the same way as a top five pick. Probably best to get this done now than during the draft.

Pick up your RB handcuffs now. This is when they have the least amount of value, and these guys should have the most value to the owner of the stud. Toss out a third rounder or 4th to get the deal done. If you have someone else's handcuff try to make the swap.

JuJu - if you believe in him now is the time to buy before you know where the landing spot is. I'm thinking of moving an older but valuable receiver like OBJ for him if I can. Or something like Woods + a WR3 for him.
12 team, .5PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)
QB: Purdy, Zach Wilson, Hendon Hooker, Aidan O'Connell, Stetson Bennett, Mariota, Trubisky
RB: KeAndre Miller, Tank Bigsby, Jordan Mason, Kevin Harris
WR: Tank Dell, Rashod Bateman, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney, Darnell Mooney, Michael Wilson, DJ Chark, Slayton, Robert Woods, Khalil Shakir
TE LaPorta, Kincaid, J Ferguson

2024 1st (3x)
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
———

QB: Jake Allen, Goff, Darnold, AOC, Jimmy G
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Prince, Jordon Mason, Ingram (AZ)
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Keenan Allen, Drake London, Brandon Aiyuk, Elijah Moore, Marvin Jones, Paris Campbell, Donovon Peoples-Jones
TE: Kincaid, Noah Fant, Likely

2024 2nd
2024 3rd

12 team, .5PPR, TE Premium, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:37 am

Courtland Sutton - you’ll see some worry about his ACL, and terrible QB situation, but he’s got all the skills to be a WR 1, and was continuously making plays on off target throws in 2019.

Tee Higgins - Coming off a extremely impressive rookie season, and honestly has been overshadowed by a lot of the other really good rookie WR’s. Production slowed down without Burrow, but he was still solid, and with AJ Green likely gone he’s a good buy.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd