Week 17

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4865
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby hoos89 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Also not an entirely accurate assessment of the play. There were multiple defenders in position to potentially tackle Jeudy, but Jeudy outran them to the sideline and set up his blocks. This wasn't like a screen pass where the blocks were just right in front of him.

And it was a fine throw but Jeudy was super open...NFL QBs should make that throw to a wide open WR way more often than not. Kinda weird to give essentially zero credit to the guy who just scored in the longest catch of the season. No credit for finding the soft spot of the zone? None for having the speed to score on that play? For having the football IQ to find blockers and set them up to work to his advantage?
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, D. Harris, Gaskin, Conner, Michel, McKinnon, Ahmed, Love
AJB, DJM, Aiyuk, Claypool, Sutton, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Mariota, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, Metcalf, McLaurin, Thielen, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson
Kelce, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Sriracha
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2088
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:31 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:26 pm
Also not an entirely accurate assessment of the play. There were multiple defenders in position to potentially tackle Jeudy, but Jeudy outran them to the sideline and set up his blocks. This wasn't like a screen pass where the blocks were just right in front of him.

And it was a fine throw but Jeudy was super open...NFL QBs should make that throw to a wide open WR way more often than not. Kinda weird to give essentially zero credit to the guy who just scored in the longest catch of the season. No credit for finding the soft spot of the zone? None for having the speed to score on that play? For having the football IQ to find blockers and set them up to work to his advantage?
He didn't find bleep lol

It was much more about the throw than the receiver on that play. You could've swapped Jeudy for any 4.45 WR in the league and they probably score on that play.

hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4865
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby hoos89 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:10 pm

That was an easy throw for an NFL QB, what are you talking about? Actually insane how dismissive you're being of a 92 yard TD catch
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, D. Harris, Gaskin, Conner, Michel, McKinnon, Ahmed, Love
AJB, DJM, Aiyuk, Claypool, Sutton, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Mariota, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, Metcalf, McLaurin, Thielen, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson
Kelce, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10500
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:40 pm

People really finding ways to discredit a 92-yard touchdown?

Lock made a good throw. Jeudy got open and finished behind good blocking.

Why is it anything other than that? :lol:

Wait for it....both players and the team deserve equal credit for it because it was executed...perfectly. *Gasp*

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby Meretc01 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:45 pm

I haven’t watched cam sims at all this yr really but I see him flashing here and there as far as stats on ESPN.. deep roster target? Or is he a don’t get him but if you have him then you hold..
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Smith
RB: Swift, Gibson, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, C.Sims
TE: Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2021 Picks: 1st-1 2nd- 3 3rd-1

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10500
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Meretc01 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:45 pm
I haven’t watched cam sims at all this yr really but I see him flashing here and there as far as stats on ESPN.. deep roster target? Or is he a don’t get him but if you have him then you hold..
If Washington doesn't try to upgrade their WR depth in the offseason, maybe he's interesting. They tried to sign Amari Cooper last offseason.

jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3465
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:11 pm
Location: USA

Re: Week 17

Postby jordanzs » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:51 pm

jordanzs wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:57 pm
I'm in a crazy total points redrafter that plays week 17. It adds another dimension to it. My team is up by 50something points. Here's what I'm looking at. We start 1/2/3/1

QB: Watson (I hope he plays a full game)
RB: Henry, Montgomery, Gaskins, RoJo. (I'm safe here since we start 2)
WR: Ridley, AJ Brown, Diontae, Cooks, others (we start 3, and I'll probably play Cooks over Diontae due to the Mason Rudolph effect)
TE: Kelce, Ebron, Hooper (I'll probably be dropping Kelce to grab someone else to block opponents. With rudolph at the helm & Harrison Bryant out, I'm leaning Hooper).
I like week 17. This lineup just set our league record for most points in a single game. And my team set the record for most points in a season :)

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4751
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Week 17

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:30 pm
hoos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:26 pm
He put up numbers everywhere he's been.
Exactly. Why would so many teams trade such a productive WR? Got to be a good reason.
1. He forced his way out of NO because he didn’t want to be the number 2 behind Thomas
2. New England will trade anyone
3. Rams couldn’t utilize him well, injuries, they have a crowded WR room, and they got the deal of a century.

None of those are cooks’ fault. He’s always been excellent with one bad year in LA due to injury. He’s very good and is incredibly underrated
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Brady
RB: Cook, Fournette, Gurley, Henderson, Lindsay, Moss, Gaskin, M. Davis, J. Williams, Ito, Ty Johnson
WR: Julio, A.J. Brown, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Perriman
TE: Kelce, Gronk, Cook
Taxi: Jalen Hurts

PTW32
Starter
Starter
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby PTW32 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:56 pm

As a Giants fan, F the Eagles
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Dalvin, Conner, Gaskin, Lindsay, Mattison, Mckissic
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Boyd, John Brown, Aiyuk, Fulgham
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Logan Thomas

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Baker, Lock, Ryan
RB: Barkley, CEH, Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, Dion Lewis, Damian Williams, Mattison,
WR: Diggs, Arob, Cortland Sutton, Robert Woods, Lockett, Lamb, Diontae, TreQuan Smith, Randall Cobb, Andy Isabella
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Irv Smith Jr

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, DL, LB, DB

QB: Goff, Stafford
RB: CMC, CEH, Mixon, Swift, Dobbins, Scott, Kerryon, Bernard
WR: Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Arob, Lamb, Keenan, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Schultz
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Cunningham
DB: J. Johnson

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9803
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:45 pm

PTW32 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:56 pm
As a Giants fan, F the Eagles
I get that every team wants to win, yada yada.... But if I was in your shoes, I'd be happier with pick 10-12 instead of a 1st round playoff exit
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Dillon, Gaskin, Mostert, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Mariota, Trub
RB: Saquon, Dobbins, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, Snell
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Irv, Gesicki, Tonyan
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

User avatar
mild
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Week 17

Postby mild » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:10 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:45 pm
PTW32 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:56 pm
As a Giants fan, F the Eagles
I get that every team wants to win, yada yada.... But if I was in your shoes, I'd be happier with pick 10-12 instead of a 1st round playoff exit
Exactly this. There should be no causes for optimism in New York, and I'm pleased this putrid Daniel Jones eyesore was eliminated with the outright contempt that it deserves.

From one Giants fan to another: if we want to be mad... then how about we try winning more than 6 f-ing games?

In a league with Patrick Mahomes playing his career for another decade, we need to get real - Daniel Jones "and a healthy Saquon" are not the answer.

PTW32
Starter
Starter
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby PTW32 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:24 pm

mild wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:10 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:45 pm
PTW32 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:56 pm
As a Giants fan, F the Eagles
I get that every team wants to win, yada yada.... But if I was in your shoes, I'd be happier with pick 10-12 instead of a 1st round playoff exit
Exactly this. There should be no causes for optimism in New York, and I'm pleased this putrid Daniel Jones eyesore was eliminated with the outright contempt that it deserves.

From one Giants fan to another: if we want to be mad... then how about we try winning more than 6 f-ing games?

In a league with Patrick Mahomes playing his career for another decade, we need to get real - Daniel Jones "and a healthy Saquon" are not the answer.
I'm not mad at the Eagles for not getting the Giants into the playoffs, they obviously didnt deserve it.

However, that doesnt mean i wasnt rooting for my team to get in and maybe Jones could pull and Eli and upset Brady.

Ive hated the Eagles my whole live but was stuck pulling for them for one night. Once they made it clear they were throwing the game that end, and I'm right back to hating them.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Dalvin, Conner, Gaskin, Lindsay, Mattison, Mckissic
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Boyd, John Brown, Aiyuk, Fulgham
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Logan Thomas

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Baker, Lock, Ryan
RB: Barkley, CEH, Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, Dion Lewis, Damian Williams, Mattison,
WR: Diggs, Arob, Cortland Sutton, Robert Woods, Lockett, Lamb, Diontae, TreQuan Smith, Randall Cobb, Andy Isabella
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Irv Smith Jr

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, DL, LB, DB

QB: Goff, Stafford
RB: CMC, CEH, Mixon, Swift, Dobbins, Scott, Kerryon, Bernard
WR: Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Arob, Lamb, Keenan, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Schultz
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Cunningham
DB: J. Johnson

User avatar
mild
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Week 17

Postby mild » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:48 pm

PTW32 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:24 pm
However, that doesnt mean i wasnt rooting for my team to get in and maybe Jones could pull and Eli and upset Brady.
The Giants six wins in the 2020 season:

20-19 Week 6 over the Kyle Allen Washingtons
23-20 Week 9 over those same Kyle Allen Washingtons
27-17 Week 10 over the "imploding Wentz" Eagles
19-17 Week 11 over the Brandon Allen Bengals
17-12 Week 12 over the craptastic December Seahawks
23-19 Week 17 over the Andy Dalton school of misused and abused toys.

This team can't crack 30 points to save their lives... and you want to see more of them in the playoffs.

Put the crack pipe down, and take a good long look in the mirror. This Giants team? They ain't it, bud.

PTW32
Starter
Starter
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: Week 17

Postby PTW32 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:36 pm

mild wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:48 pm
PTW32 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:24 pm
However, that doesnt mean i wasnt rooting for my team to get in and maybe Jones could pull and Eli and upset Brady.
The Giants six wins in the 2020 season:

20-19 Week 6 over the Kyle Allen Washingtons
23-20 Week 9 over those same Kyle Allen Washingtons
27-17 Week 10 over the "imploding Wentz" Eagles
19-17 Week 11 over the Brandon Allen Bengals
17-12 Week 12 over the craptastic December Seahawks
23-19 Week 17 over the Andy Dalton school of misused and abused toys.

This team can't crack 30 points to save their lives... and you want to see more of them in the playoffs.

Put the crack pipe down, and take a good long look in the mirror. This Giants team? They ain't it, bud.

Obviously I dont serious think they would beat TB but why not root for your team. Thats what bein a fan(atic) is. Its not like they had the potential to get trevor lawrence or something.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Dalvin, Conner, Gaskin, Lindsay, Mattison, Mckissic
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Boyd, John Brown, Aiyuk, Fulgham
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Logan Thomas

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Baker, Lock, Ryan
RB: Barkley, CEH, Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, Dion Lewis, Damian Williams, Mattison,
WR: Diggs, Arob, Cortland Sutton, Robert Woods, Lockett, Lamb, Diontae, TreQuan Smith, Randall Cobb, Andy Isabella
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Irv Smith Jr

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, DL, LB, DB

QB: Goff, Stafford
RB: CMC, CEH, Mixon, Swift, Dobbins, Scott, Kerryon, Bernard
WR: Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Arob, Lamb, Keenan, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Schultz
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Cunningham
DB: J. Johnson

User avatar
mild
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Week 17

Postby mild » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:20 pm

PTW32 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:36 pm
Obviously I dont serious think they would beat TB but why not root for your team. Thats what bein a fan(atic) is. Its not like they had the potential to get trevor lawrence or something.
It's funny, maybe I'm anti-fandom then... because I'm passionate about the Giants being good, and I think that needs to start with admitting that they're incredibly bad - and that they really must fire Gettleman. He has done so little with so much... to even list his "achievements" since taking the reins would make me depressed.

I think the Eagles did the right thing. They had zero incentive to win, and a jump of 3 places in the draft to gain - that's called "playing the hand you've been dealt". Personally for the Giants - I want there to be zero face saved by a token Wild Card Weekend exit with Daniel Jones. It would most assuredly be a shameful thrashing of the highest order, but I also don't want Gettleman to get anything to point at to claim even a modicum of success with this roster he has wrought.

The Giants stink. Roll the heads already, Mara family.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Al, bjd5211, CubfanAA and 6 guests