Dwayne Haskins - signed by Steelers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Dwayne Haskins cut

Postby Yarnith » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Back to Haskins, he is an easy cut for me but he stays on watch. A team like NE that has a habit of making misfit dysfunctional work and also a path to snaps immediately makes him a deep stash. If Haskins was a Ram tomorrow for instance I would sit on him next year just in case.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:25 pm
jimmychoi wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:06 pm Where do folks think he’ll land?
Mcdonald's
Yeah this is odds on the end for him. Getting cut 1 year after being drafted in the first round on a team desperate for a QB. He'll end up on someone's practice squad I would guess, but I think it would take a miracle for him to ever have fantasy relevance again, even in deep SF formats.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:23 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... unclaimed/

Clears waivers. No surprise there, no one was going to pick up his contract.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:27 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:23 pm https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... unclaimed/

Clears waivers. No surprise there, no one was going to pick up his contract.
We can agree on that :D
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:02 pm

That fool is gonna be frying wings at a hooters, and prolly burning them too. #Dummy
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:00 am

Wow did Booger ever ignite a firestorm for a spot-on taking to task of Haskins (et al).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yah ... 34765.html

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:00 am Wow did Booger ever ignite a firestorm for a spot-on taking to task of Haskins (et al).

Just Booger being Booger

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:44 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:00 am Wow did Booger ever ignite a firestorm for a spot-on taking to task of Haskins (et al).

Just Booger being Booger
That may be, but his take, aside from being refreshing sane in this instance, is diametrically opposite of the current narrative.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:16 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:44 am

Just Booger being Booger
That may be, but his take, aside from being refreshing sane in this instance, is diametrically opposite of the current narrative.
The issue with what he said is that he singled out African American athletes, when it's not a racial issue, there are white players that do the same thing. Overall he's right, but race shouldn't have been brought into it and that's what is causing all the uproar.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:22 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:16 am

Just Booger being Booger
The issue with what he said is that he singled out African American athletes, when it's not a racial issue, there are white players that do the same thing. Overall he's right, but race shouldn't have been brought into it and that's what is causing all the uproar.
I can’t argue with that, but in his defense he is in a position to take that posture credibly. The typical PC firestorm overwhelms the message unfortunately, which happens as a norm and results in no serious discussion about real problems and solutions.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:43 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:22 am

I can’t argue with that, but in his defense he is in a position to take that posture credibly. The typical PC firestorm overwhelms the message unfortunately, which happens as a norm and results in no serious discussion about real problems and solutions.
This is Bill Cosby “pull your pants up” nonsense spoken by somebody that none of us would take advice from for any subject, ever. Booger McFarland is suggested-spiking-it-on-4th-down-dumb, and everybody knows this about him. It’s not some secret that he’s not Cornell West. If you think somebody this demonstrably stupid is now suddenly credible on something as complex as how race in America plays a role in how black men adjust to the trappings of NFL employment, it’s invariably because the things the dumb person (who you would never listen to for anything) is saying are now in-line with your existing prejudice.

Back to Haskins- this is a damn shame. He had arm talent at a young age and just never got it. The fact that getting relegated to 3rd string didn’t serve as a wake up call when he got the job back is damning. Happy I divested my lone share when I did. Maybe he figures it out, but he’s not some physical phenom that teams are going to be eager to gamble on because of upside. It’ll be really difficult for him to find his way back to being a starter, and I don’t see any evidence that he has the necessary drive to do so. It sucks.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:30 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:43 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:22 am

This is Bill Cosby “pull your pants up” nonsense spoken by somebody that none of us would take advice from for any subject, ever. Booger McFarland is suggested-spiking-it-on-4th-down-dumb, and everybody knows this about him. It’s not some secret that he’s not Cornell West. If you think somebody this demonstrably stupid is now suddenly credible on something as complex as how race in America plays a role in how black men adjust to the trappings of NFL employment, it’s invariably because the things the dumb person (who you would never listen to for anything) is saying are now in-line with your existing prejudice.
I guess sticking your head in the sand and playing the race card is your preferred way of dealing with problems? I don’t care who it is that says what needs to be said and starts a discussion that will involve real solutions. You instead prefer to attack the messenger, which is a tiresome typical tactic of defection. The irony of your post is epic.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:02 am

Is he wrong that too many players focus on their brand and looking good, instead of taking their craft seriously? Absolutely not, but singling out black athletes specifically is an awful look, especially for someone in his position who's a black analyst on the biggest cable sports channel in the world. I don't think you should rail on your own, still-marginalized race, especially when it has nothing to do with the path Haskins ended up on.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:31 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:02 am

Is he wrong that too many players focus on their brand and looking good, instead of taking their craft seriously? Absolutely not, but singling out black athletes specifically is an awful look, especially for someone in his position who's a black analyst on the biggest cable sports channel in the world. I don't think you should rail on your own, still-marginalized race, especially when it has nothing to do with the path Haskins ended up on.
Exactly. I'm not sure what point Booger was even trying to make. Yes, football should come first for these guys. Building a brand is a good thing as long as it's not a distraction. Black people shouldn't have been brought up at all in this case. And I'm not sure what building a brand had to do with Haskins in the first place unless I'm unaware of his brand? Or is it being a stooge off the field and not playing football well?

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:38 am

Same advice I have for Booger here. Lets keep it about football around here.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu