Offseason Stashes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Offseason Stashes

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Obviously depends on depth of league but who are you stashing this offseason in anticipation of roster turnover and opportunity?

Some names that come to mind for me

I am assuming some of the more obvious stashes like AJ Dillon, Taysom/Jameis, Gabriel Davis and Carson Wentz are already owned

QB
Marcus Mariota--early to say but looked good last week and has been at least somewhat competent as a starter before
Jacob Eason--still not sure the draft capital is there for the the keys to be handed over to him but if you have the space the situation is good enough to generate value if he does start in a Dak 2016 type way
Jordan Love--what if Rodgers got traded? Maybe still 1 year too early though
Gardner Minshew--could be a backup somewhere to put some pressure on an underperforming starter (NYG, SF, etc) a la Tannehill?

RB (this is harder)
Deejay Dallas--looked solid but unspectacular in action this season but there is the possibility of a lot of turnover on the Seahawks RB depth chart
JJ Taylor--small but skilled on a team known for no name emergences
Ke'Shawn Vaughn--still has 3rd round draft capital and Fournette is likely gone
Darrynton Evans--ditto for 3rd round capital and looked competent and involved late in the game on Sunday; his college tape pops off to me too: Henry got a contract but it was only a two year one

WR
Collin Johnson--flashed some this year on a team without a clear WR pecking order (though Chark and Shenault are promising) and Trevor Lawrence coming
Donovan Peoples-Jones--flashed this year before an offseason that could see OBJ get traded and an opening for WR2
Tyler Johnson--analytically sound prospect with some involvement and a potential turnover in the Bucs WR room
Jalen Guyton--strung some good performances together and shown rapport with the young QB while Mike Williams is likely gone in the offseason
Isaiah Coulter--got some sleeper buzz preseason because the Texans WR room was open and well--it's still open
Marquez Callaway--maybe my favorite stash that isn't getting talked about at all: Sanders is old and at this point I really think MT gets dealt. Payton and Brees speak well of him and he had a couple nice performances before injury
Quez Watkins--Eagles WR room is still open and he got some attention from Hurts last week that allowed him to flash the speed that made him a 5th round pick

TE
Kahale Warring--beast of an athlete and the Texans WR room is still open: hoped to see more of him this season though
Adam Trautman--see Mike Thomas potentially being gone but throw in Jared Cook being washed (and cut) too and there is some opportunity--made some nice plays this season too
Donald Parham--Hunter Henry is a free agent and the offense is an ascendant one

Feel free to add others that should be considered here

TheGunSlinger
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Offseason Stashes

Postby TheGunSlinger » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Nice list. A few others to consider are Eno Benjamin at RB, Cephus at WR from DET and a deeper sleeper in Freddie Swain WR SEA

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm

Never try to predict an injury but most RB's eventually succumb due to time and more importantly high volume of touches. We have seen it time and time again when a RB get's excessive volume a few years in a row, an injury or lack of production seems to arise. There seems to be one glaring candidate for 2021, Henry. Evans seems like a great cheap flyer/handcuff to invest in.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:59 pm

dmac37 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm Never try to predict an injury but most RB's eventually succumb due to time and more importantly high volume of touches. We have seen it time and time again when a RB get's excessive volume a few years in a row, an injury or lack of production seems to arise. There seems to be one glaring candidate for 2021, Henry. Evans seems like a great cheap flyer/handcuff to invest in.
You'd think it would have happened with Henry by now. He's in the same draft class as Zeke

I agree with you though--Titans seemed to as well giving him top money but over only two years

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:32 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:59 pm
dmac37 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm Never try to predict an injury but most RB's eventually succumb due to time and more importantly high volume of touches. We have seen it time and time again when a RB get's excessive volume a few years in a row, an injury or lack of production seems to arise. There seems to be one glaring candidate for 2021, Henry. Evans seems like a great cheap flyer/handcuff to invest in.
You'd think it would have happened with Henry by now. He's in the same draft class as Zeke

I agree with you though--Titans seemed to as well giving him top money but over only two years
Gotta remember that Henry didn't really pop off until last year. Gonna be really interesting to see how his career plays out because this is really only his 2nd year of being dominant
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:33 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:59 pm You'd think it would have happened with Henry by now. He's in the same draft class as Zeke

Worth also mentioning that he's a year and a half older than Zeke. Zeke turns 26 in July '21, Derrick Henry is turning 27 in a few more days.

The years of being used as the 1b to DeMarco Murray really helped Henry's career longevity, I think. He had 540 total touches in his first three seasons in the league... for 2019 and 2020 he's at 661 and counting.

I knock on wood for the guy, and perhaps he's just truly the freak of all freaks who is built to take it. Certainly, he looks to be in his absolute physical prime.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:43 pm

I always look at fee agency for stashes. Players leaving can open up opportunity, or find more opportunities.

Players I'm stashing across various leagues- Jeremy McNichols, D'Onta Foreman, JJ Taylor, Brissett, Jakobi Meyers, Ian Thomas, Fulgham, Herndon, Dede Westbrook, Demarcus Robinson, Cam Sims, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Devin Duvernay, Harrison Bryant, Damien Williams, Drew Lock, Minshew, Lynn Bowden, Lamical Perine, Haskins, Eno Benjamin.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:43 pm I always look at fee agency for stashes. Players leaving can open up opportunity, or find more opportunities.

Players I'm stashing across various leagues- Jeremy McNichols, D'Onta Foreman, JJ Taylor, Brissett, Jakobi Meyers, Ian Thomas, Fulgham, Herndon, Dede Westbrook, Demarcus Robinson, Cam Sims, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Devin Duvernay, Harrison Bryant, Damien Williams, Drew Lock, Minshew, Lynn Bowden, Lamical Perine, Haskins, Eno Benjamin.
This list needs more Marquez Callaway :thumbup:

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:22 pm

Dan Arnold
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:16 am

Marquez Callaway is my favorite stash, but that all comes to an end if Taysom Hill gets the job post Brees.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:16 am

Mooney if he is on waiver might get a boost while Allen Robinson doesn’t sign an extension
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:54 pm

gpaok wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:16 am Mooney if he is on waiver might get a boost while Allen Robinson doesn’t sign an extension
I think Mooney should be owned everywhere tbh

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:24 am

Anthony Miller? Mooney is ahead of him, but he could be a nice WR2 if ARob moves out.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:35 am

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:32 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:59 pm

Gotta remember that Henry didn't really pop off until last year. Gonna be really interesting to see how his career plays out because this is really only his 2nd year of being dominant
Funny thing on top of that is he didn't even have a big workload in college either.

FR - basically sat behind Yeldon and Drake (36 touches)
SO - split with Yeldon (177 touches)
JR - 395 carries (406 touches)

Then goes to the NFL and splits with Murray for years, then Lewis (huh) for a little bit and finally explodes.

For a back who's basically built to handle a huge workload, he's yet to really have a huge workload in his career after high school until now.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:07 pm

Besides the ones I listed (with Callaway, Vaughn, Evans and Trautman being my favorite of the bunch) I am giving a shout to Ty Johnson

Not sure how talented he is but from limited tape I consider him a bit better than Perine and has an opportunity to flash on Sunday

I could certainly see the Jets bring in another RB (and most mocks have them doing so) but with so many needs and a GM who believes in building from the trenches out (a la Philly or Baltimore) I am thinking they could pull what Miami did last year and not take an RB when everyone expected them to

Just a potential shot in the dark