Sam Darnold going forward

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Sam Darnold going forward

Postby esloan35 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:24 am

Thoughts on Sam? He is a young player going into year four and will be 24 years old. Worth a hold our cut bait?

Merry Christmas DLF'rs!

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Sam Darnold going forward

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:31 am

Not gonna completely rule out him turning it around, but I have zero interest in him and didn't like him to begin with.

realmacaroni
Role Player
Role Player

Postby realmacaroni » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:40 am

He’s on my roster and not holding much value until we see some post draft QB fallout so...

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
SF - 12t - PPR
QB: Mahomes - Dak - Rivers - Brissett - Eason - Rosen
RB: A Jones - A Ekeler - AJ Dillon - J Willimas - J Jackson - J Kelley - B Snell - A McFarland - J Samuels - T Homer
WR: M Thomas - D Johnson - D Parker - J Crowder - V Jefferson - D Duvernay - J Hurd - D Pettis - I Coulter - F Swain
TE: Kelce - Herndon - Keene - Akins
DEF: Rams - Jets - 49ers

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL
Captain
Captain

Postby JOHNNY_COCKTAIL » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:13 am

In SF leagues I think he has value . Not a given the jets take Sam darnold. Might trade back, they might take the the Oregon tackle. If they do draft fields darnold will likely at least get one more shot else where as well

abloom
Legend
Legend

Postby abloom » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:04 am

In a league where QBs are at a premium, he is worth a hold. Who knows what the jets will decide to do.
Dynasty Team #1:
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Wentz,Tannehill,Hill
R: CMC,Taylor,Robinson,Fournette
W: Evans,Edelman,Cobb,Davis,Mooney,Lazard
T: Goedert(IR),Henry
D: NE,BAL
K: Bullock

2021 Picks: 1.02,2.05,4.02,5.02,6.02,7.02
---
Dynasty Team #2: 2020 Champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Wilson, Murray, Cousins, Trubisky, Smith, Dalton
R: Cook, Dobbins, Swift, Monty, Mattison
W: Nuk, Godwin, Metcalf, K Allen, Sutton
T: Kelce
K: Tucker
D: PIT

2021 picks: 1.05,1.12,4.06,4.12,5.12,6.12,7.07
---
DLF advice forum league:
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes ,Tua, Mullens, Love, Flacco, Hoyer, Rypien, Bethard
R: Michel, Moss, Hyde, Bernard, Richard, Darrel Williams, Damien Williams, C Thompson
W: Juju, Cooper, Allen, Sanders, D Moore
T: Schultz, Doyle, Asiasi, Thomas

2021 Picks: 1.04,1.11,1.12,2.04,3.04,4.04,4.06,4.10

remedy29
Starter
Starter

Postby remedy29 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:33 am

In my opinion, Joe Douglas has the Jets in a complete tear down and is in the beginning stages of his rebuild. 2019 was his first draft. I do not think 2020 is the right time to bring in a rookie developmental QB and doubt that the Jets do. I think it's 50/50 the Jets franchise Darnold. He is not worth it, but it gives the Jets 1 more year to evaluate him, and protection if they decide to keep him. I don't think the 5th year would prevent the Jets looking at QB in 2022 if the situation presents itself.

If the Jets keep him, I'd expect they bring in a professional WR as the #1, while hopefully building solid depth. So in SF, he is certainly a hold, as he is still a starting QB.
Prescott, Tua
Chubb, Carson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson
Kittle, Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 am

remedy29 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:33 am
In my opinion, Joe Douglas has the Jets in a complete tear down and is in the beginning stages of his rebuild. 2019 was his first draft. I do not think 2020 is the right time to bring in a rookie developmental QB and doubt that the Jets do. I think it's 50/50 the Jets franchise Darnold. He is not worth it, but it gives the Jets 1 more year to evaluate him, and protection if they decide to keep him. I don't think the 5th year would prevent the Jets looking at QB in 2022 if the situation presents itself.

If the Jets keep him, I'd expect they bring in a professional WR as the #1, while hopefully building solid depth. So in SF, he is certainly a hold, as he is still a starting QB.
It's always the time to take QB if you need one and have the opportunity to take one, there's no guarantee they have the opportunity to take one in the next couple of years that's as good or better than the options available to them this year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:02 am

He's in a dangerous position of either being a backup next season or a lame duck starter (even if he's traded).

So, even with Gase gone, his long-term future doesn't seem encouraging.

remedy29
Starter
Starter

Postby remedy29 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 am
remedy29 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:33 am

It's always the time to take QB if you need one and have the opportunity to take one, there's no guarantee they have the opportunity to take one in the next couple of years that's as good or better than the options available to them this year.
For sure, if they value a QB highly, take one. But after NYJ miss out on Lawrence, it is going to be difficult to bring in any QB this year, as he will forever be compared to Lawrence. Joe Douglas will be reminded that the Jets should have "tanked", even though that's a ridiculous expectation for a professional team. It's just the Jets luck, where 1 win doesn't even get them the #1 pick.

There are several QB prospects after Lawrence, but none of them are special. Jets have 2 #1 picks in 2022, there is no urgency to get a QB now while they still have control of a QB on his rookie contract.
Prescott, Tua
Chubb, Carson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson
Kittle, Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman

Yarnith
Captain
Captain

Postby Yarnith » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Darnolds a great value target or hold guy. His coaches have been abysmal and done him no favors. I think the best thing is to see him leave the Jets and get a shot somewhere. QB's escaping Gase have had a tendency to suddenly do better, Tannehill agrees.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex

QB: J. Allen, J. Goff, D. Haskins

RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CE,H, Ty Johnson, B. Love, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A.J. Brown, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, R. Woods, D. Slayton, P. Williams, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

TE: G. Kittle, H. Henry

2021 1.12 , 3.8, 3.12, 4.9, 4.12

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:53 pm

Yarnith wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:09 pm
Darnolds a great value target or hold guy. His coaches have been abysmal and done him no favors. I think the best thing is to see him leave the Jets and get a shot somewhere. QB's escaping Gase have had a tendency to suddenly do better, Tannehill agrees.
Good feedback, and Tannehill seems to fully agree. The post has some good points. To hold as a roster bubble going into 21 seems like a fair outlook. Young guy, would be good to see what protection, RB weapons, and coaching could bring.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:06 am

I liked him coming out and still think he is a good quarterback. I think his weapons have been bad and his coaching staff has been bad. The mono hurt his development. He has flashed at times but the situation has just been so poor. If roster space was no issue then I would not mind having him. My dynasty roster just does not need him so I would not pay anything for him which means I will not own him anytime soon.
QB. R.Wilson, D.Prescott, A.Dalton

Rb. Zeke, T. Gurley, R. Freeman, D. Freeman, C. Edmonds, M. Brown, Mike Webber

WR. W. Fuller, C. Davis, S. Shepard, C. Kirk, R. Cobb, ARob, K. Bourne, N. Harry, A.Brown

TE. G. Kittle, D.Fells, L. Thomas

Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:14 am

Career backup with short starting stints. The new Case Keenum.

Don't cut him for no reason. Depends on roster and league size.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:53 am

Never a fan but in SF there is some value. Like him in a Dalton kind of way. Marginal starter but solid backup. Not roster worthy in many single start QB leagues of 12 or less.
OCR is a Fantasy Football Troll with Instant Memory no Recall

Yarnith
Captain
Captain

Postby Yarnith » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:28 pm

I knew nothing about him and sold him high near the end of his rookie year but as a Dolphins fan I see him often enough I think he could still be a solid starter in the league. There are certainly some current starters he could compete with in camp. Washington or SF moving on from Jimmy G for a cheaper option that can actually threaten deep both could pop on a cheap Darnold experiment.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex

QB: J. Allen, J. Goff, D. Haskins

RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CE,H, Ty Johnson, B. Love, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A.J. Brown, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, R. Woods, D. Slayton, P. Williams, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

TE: G. Kittle, H. Henry

2021 1.12 , 3.8, 3.12, 4.9, 4.12