2021 Rookie Tiers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:45 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:38 pm This really is a terrible running back class.

I’d have it something like this (with rookie ADPs):

Tier 1 (top 5 pick): Etienne, Javonte
Tier 2 (late first): Najee

Daylight

Tier 3 (second round) Hill, Sermon

Daylight

Tier 4 (old but athletic fliers 4th round +): Herbert, Evans, Funk

That is really all that I see worth spending a pick on, the rest are either too small or not athletic enough.

That list is large, but a majority of them just aren’t any good.
I disagree, its not a deep class by any means. But I think "terrible" is a bit much. Harris, ETN, and Williams are very good backs. They might not be JT's or Saquons, but they're very good RB prospects. The difference is that past those 3 there is not a lot to be excited about, but I def wouldn't call this a terrible class.

Just because last seasons class was generationally great, doesn't mean anything less than that is terrible. Im just as excited about these top 3 RB prospects this season as I was last season minus maybe JT
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:04 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:45 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:38 pm This really is a terrible running back class.

Daylight

Daylight

That is really all that I see worth spending a pick on, the rest are either too small or not athletic enough.

I disagree, its not a deep class by any means. But I think "terrible" is a bit much. Harris, ETN, and Williams are very good backs. They might not be JT's or Saquons, but they're very good RB prospects. The difference is that past those 3 there is not a lot to be excited about, but I def wouldn't call this a terrible class.

Just because last seasons class was generationally great, doesn't mean anything less than that is terrible. Im just as excited about these top 3 RB prospects this season as I was last season minus maybe JT
The two best RBs decided to wait a year to go pro so they wouldn't compete with last year's RBs.

I mean, which RB classes do you think are worse than this one? I could see 2014- that was the worst class I remember. It's really similar to 2019 at the top, but Harris, Henderson, Singletary, Pollard, etc seemed like more exciting prospects than the dregs this year.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:31 pm

Agreed it feels like 2019 without the depth.

Hopefully draft capital / landing spot throws up some alternative options (namely some of the bigger athletic types in the class, like Hill or Sermon to the Steelers or 49ers), but I won’t be holding my breath.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:04 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:04 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:45 pm

Daylight

Daylight

The two best RBs decided to wait a year to go pro so they wouldn't compete with last year's RBs.

I mean, which RB classes do you think are worse than this one? I could see 2014- that was the worst class I remember. It's really similar to 2019 at the top, but Harris, Henderson, Singletary, Pollard, etc seemed like more exciting prospects than the dregs this year.
this to me is the same as dinging fields for leaving Georgia. Thats just a smart business decision. They knew that they'd easily be at the top of the class in '21, which means better draft capital, which means more money.

I think 2019 is a good comparison, however personally I think the top 3 of this class are better than the top 3 in 2019, but like you said the depth in 2019 was def better.

2016 wasn't all that great of a class outside of Zeke. I mean it def turned out alright with Henry exploding now, and DJ put up a few good seasons, but if were looking at it from a prospect evaluation perspective and ignoring hindsight, that class was front loaded with WR's
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:21 am

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:04 pm
this to me is the same as dinging fields for leaving Georgia. Thats just a smart business decision. They knew that they'd easily be at the top of the class in '21, which means better draft capital, which means more money.
It is a smart business decision, but it also means they weren't as good as the other options last year. It can't not be a factor in how you evaluate them as NFL prospects, Fields included.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:42 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:21 am
It is a smart business decision, but it also means they weren't as good as the other options last year. It can't not be a factor in how you evaluate them as NFL prospects, Fields included.
Exactly- giving up a year of pay and risking injury is only a smart vision if you’re clearly outclassed by the current group. Saying that you’re just as excited for these three doesn’t make sense; Harris and Etienne’s actions suggest that they know they aren’t as good as last year’s top backs.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:24 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:42 am
Exactly- giving up a year of pay and risking injury is only a smart vision if you’re clearly outclassed by the current group. Saying that you’re just as excited for these three doesn’t make sense; Harris and Etienne’s actions suggest that they know they aren’t as good as last year’s top backs.
perceived draft stock =/= who is better. The fact that last years RB class was so deep pushed everyone down. We had one first round pick. ETN and Harris saw a hole in the '21 class and knew they could realistically be a 1st round pick this season.

If they would have declared last season, it would have been a crapshoot on who got drafted first between the top 5 RB's, now their odds of being a 1st round pick have doubled, do you know the salary difference of 1st rounders and 2nd/3rd rounders? I'll never have an issue with players betting on themselves
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:06 am

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:24 am

perceived draft stock =/= who is better. The fact that last years RB class was so deep pushed everyone down. We had one first round pick. ETN and Harris saw a hole in the '21 class and knew they could realistically be a 1st round pick this season.

If they would have declared last season, it would have been a crapshoot on who got drafted first between the top 5 RB's, now their odds of being a 1st round pick have doubled, do you know the salary difference of 1st rounders and 2nd/3rd rounders? I'll never have an issue with players betting on themselves
A player betting on himself doesn't burn a year of income going back to college. A player betting on himself has the confidence that they can go against the best and succeed. A converssation can be had that they recieved honest feedback on where they would fall in last years class and they where smart enough to wait a year, but saying they bet on themselves is false.

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:34 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:06 am
ThunderTung wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:24 am

A player betting on himself doesn't burn a year of income going back to college. A player betting on himself has the confidence that they can go against the best and succeed. A converssation can be had that they recieved honest feedback on where they would fall in last years class and they where smart enough to wait a year, but saying they bet on themselves is false.
Until you guys define what “betting on yourself” means, neither of you are right or wrong. It’s quite possible, you both just have different definitions of what that means...
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 am

Jrblaha wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:34 am

Until you guys define what “betting on yourself” means, neither of you are right or wrong. It’s quite possible, you both just have different definitions of what that means...
Fair point, my take is a player that looks at the competition in front of him and decides to not join, is not betting on himself. Not saying they made the wrong decision, but they took an easier path.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 am
Jrblaha wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:34 am

Fair point, my take is a player that looks at the competition in front of him and decides to not join, is not betting on himself. Not saying they made the wrong decision, but they took an easier path.
idk, the easier path would have been declaring last season, Securing your spot on an NFL roster, and getting paid. Instead they bet on themselves, went back to college to prove to the NFL that they deserve first round capital. They already had guaranteed roster spots somewhere in the league, but they had the confidence that they could get more.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 pm

My 6 Tier One fantasy players excluding QB's.

Pitts, Chase, Etienne, Harris, Smith, Waddle.

The above is the order I rank them but IMO these 6 in some order should go top 6 in one QB PPr Leagues. I could see some minor changes in 3-6 based on location but my top 2 are locks at this point.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 pm My 6 Tier One fantasy players excluding QB's.

The above is the order I rank them but IMO these 6 in some order should go top 6 in one QB PPr Leagues. I could see some minor changes in 3-6 based on location but my top 2 are locks at this point.
I so hope you are correct.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 pm My 6 Tier One fantasy players excluding QB's.

Where would you put Bateman, 7th?
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Where would you put Bateman, 7th?
I am not sold on Bateman at 7.

I like Terrace Marshall, R Moore, J. Williams, then Bateman.

I like Bateman as a prospect at 1.10 but he looks a little mechanical to me and doesn't really play fast. His is a sound technical route runner but just doesn't look natural and I am concerned better DB's will beat him too much. He could still be really good eventually but where he goes will matter IMO.

I like Marshall's upside quite a bit better. He is raw in some areas but love his height/speed and those LSU WR's show up in big games. With a few years he could be a dominate NFL #1 WR for a team. He looks comfortable playing inside and outside. Great body to add strength as he matures.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts