2021 Rookie Tiers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:10 am

ravn88 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:06 am Im really torn about my Colts.

I would like them to ball out now that they are in the PO.
But I would also like them to trade for Wentz if he can be had cheap.

Am I the only Colts fan who would like a proven QB rather than a rookie that might be the same lever as Rivers (not good enough)
I would much rather take a shot on darnold and get 3 very cheap years of upside, or Trubisky. Wentz is another option, but it would be my least favorite choice as a fan.

Darnold
Rookie
Trubisky
Wentz
Rivers

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:33 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:57 am

Knowing Ballard from his time in KC it's hard for me to see him move for Wentz. He loves picks and cap space and is thrifty with assets.
This is 100% accurate. Unless Philly eats that contract, there is zero chance that Wentz is a Colt.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:22 pm

Denver is now far more likely to take a QB

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:17 am

Following.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:27 pm

I missed the last few pages of this discussion. I'm totally on board Washington and Atlanta for QB and RB, respectively. I'm curious what Ron Rivera's power is within the franchise- if he truly has power over the new front office execs and Snyder has stepped aside, could be reason for optimism.

Detroit kinda scares me- looks like they want to be run focused and with QB and both starting WR spots up (Golladay and Jones FAs), not certain this will turn out well. Like Cephus last year, I'll consider any rookie draft a potential buy low.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:30 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:10 am

Am I the only Colts fan who would like a proven QB rather than a rookie that might be the same lever as Rivers (not good enough)
I would much rather take a shot on darnold and get 3 very cheap years of upside, or Trubisky. Wentz is another option, but it would be my least favorite choice as a fan.

Darnold
Rookie
Trubisky
Wentz
Rivers
I like that fact, that he has showed he can be a MVP candidate. With the right People around him.

I might have Stafford first.

Stafford
Trading up for a QB.
Wentz
Ryan
Darnold.

Im will not be happy with Trubisky, or like a 2nd round QB, i think we need to be aggressive in our search for the missing piece.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 am

ravn88 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:30 pm
CGW wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:10 am

Darnold
Rookie
Trubisky
Wentz
Rivers
I like that fact, that he has showed he can be a MVP candidate. With the right People around him.

I might have Stafford first.

Stafford
Trading up for a QB.
Wentz
Ryan
Darnold.

Im will not be happy with Trubisky, or like a 2nd round QB, i think we need to be aggressive in our search for the missing piece.
Stafford could be a very good option. McCafee is doing his best to make it happen. If they can trade for Stafford and pick up another field stretcher in the draft they should be set up nicely for next year.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:34 am

I really think Williams ought to be in the top tier and I’d commit heresy and move Etienne down.

I watch Etienne run and I keep seeing CJ Spiller. They both torched overpowered and undermanned weak ACC and non Power 5 Ds running through gaping holes and blowing up tackling angles with their speed, but struggled against better levels of competition despite having so much help around and in front of them. I’m wondering if we won’t see a similar career trajectory once the opponents are ratcheted up in the NFL.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:39 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:34 am I really think Williams ought to be in the top tier and I’d commit heresy and move Etienne down.

I watch Etienne run and I keep seeing CJ Spiller. They both torched overpowered and undermanned weak ACC and non Power 5 Ds running through gaping holes and blowing up tackling angles with their speed, but struggled against better levels of competition despite having so much help around and in front of them. I’m wondering if we won’t see a similar career trajectory once the opponents are ratcheted up in the NFL.
Etienne is listed at 205 lbs. The encouraging thing is that he really blossomed as a pass catcher this year. I hope he doesn’t weigh less than that, and I hope he doesn’t run a Helaire-esque 4.6+. I don’t mind smaller backs if they’re fast and catch passes.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:57 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:34 am I really think Williams ought to be in the top tier and I’d commit heresy and move Etienne down.

Etienne essentially had more rushing yards in his sophomore and junior seasons than Spiller had in his entire 4 year career, and had more touchdowns by the end of his sophomore season.

Etienne has been so good for so long people are just bored of him.

He’ll run closer to a 4.4 than a 4.6.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:34 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:57 am

Etienne essentially had more rushing yards in his sophomore and junior seasons than Spiller had in his entire 4 year career, and had more touchdowns by the end of his sophomore season.

I assure you that my concerns are not due to boredom. I worry about his vision and about his elusiveness in tight quarters. I’m not nearly as concerned about his upper body development or fumbling, which are also issues that some latch onto.

He consistently failed to put up anything other than mediocre numbers against teams that were at or near the level of Clemson in most of those games. Despite having enough team talent around him, if he were the best RB in the draft you’d expect to see at least some of those games where he made a significant impact. I see him as functioning best in a RBBC where he’s paired with a pounder who can handle pass protection as well. If so, that is going to limit his upside.

If you just watch highlight reels of him, the thing that jumps off the page is the consistent colors of the uniforms of the opponents he is scorching. Tons of his highlights are against Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville, Syracuse, and non-Power 5 teams like Wofford and Georgia Southern. Not so many against the likes of Ohio St, the recent version of Notre Dame, Texas A&M, LSU, and Bama. The holes he was running through against the weaker teams were alarmingly big even to a Wisconsin fan like me. He won’t see those kinds of seams in the NFL - they’ll be smaller and open shorter than those opened against the stronger teams that he didn’t fare nearly as well.

I do see him as having FF value, but not 1.01 value. Miller has him mocked at 1.11 and McShay at 1.16 in the NFL draft. I’m not seeing that - I don’t see him as being on a level of JT, Dobbins, and Swift and maybe at little less than Akers as well - and they all went in the 2nd round.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:34 pm

I assure you that my concerns are not due to boredom. I worry about his vision and about his elusiveness in tight quarters. I’m not nearly as concerned about his upper body development or fumbling, which are also issues that some latch onto.

He consistently failed to put up anything other than mediocre numbers against teams that were at or near the level of Clemson in most of those games. Despite having enough team talent around him, if he were the best RB in the draft you’d expect to see at least some of those games where he made a significant impact. I see him as functioning best in a RBBC where he’s paired with a pounder who can handle pass protection as well. If so, that is going to limit his upside.

If you just watch highlight reels of him, the thing that jumps off the page is the consistent colors of the uniforms of the opponents he is scorching. Tons of his highlights are against Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville, Syracuse, and non-Power 5 teams like Wofford and Georgia Southern. Not so many against the likes of Ohio St, the recent version of Notre Dame, Texas A&M, LSU, and Bama. The holes he was running through against the weaker teams were alarmingly big even to a Wisconsin fan like me. He won’t see those kinds of seams in the NFL - they’ll be smaller and open shorter than those opened against the stronger teams that he didn’t fare nearly as well.

I do see him as having FF value, but not 1.01 value. Miller has him mocked at 1.11 and McShay at 1.16 in the NFL draft. I’m not seeing that - I don’t see him as being on a level of JT, Dobbins, and Swift and maybe at little less than Akers as well - and they all went in the 2nd round.
I couldn't agree more. Etienne is far from bulletproof, is he weighs in at 205, I'll be worried but more than that his tape just doesn't do it for me a lot. He doesn't really run like an rb sometimes. His mentality once he's touched is he goes down very easily in my opinion and he's more straight-line than agile. This isn't to say he can't be good but the only really safe RB in this class seems like Harris. I love Javonte but who knows if he actually gets round 2 capital. If Etienne thought he had a shot as a top 3 back last year I think he would've declared.

He's one of those players where his stats are so bonkers but he passes the eye test way less than Williams does to me.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Mike11 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:34 pm

I couldn't agree more. Etienne is far from bulletproof, is he weighs in at 205, I'll be worried but more than that his tape just doesn't do it for me a lot. He doesn't really run like an rb sometimes. His mentality once he's touched is he goes down very easily in my opinion and he's more straight-line than agile. This isn't to say he can't be good but the only really safe RB in this class seems like Harris. I love Javonte but who knows if he actually gets round 2 capital. If Etienne thought he had a shot as a top 3 back last year I think he would've declared.

He's one of those players where his stats are so bonkers but he passes the eye test way less than Williams does to me.
Anecdotally, it seems like big RBs who can block and catch passes are the ones who most consistently outperform their size-adjusted athleticism. I agree that Harris seems safe, because he’s 230 lbs and has the ability to catch passes and pass block. He’ll have a chance to monopolize the high-value snaps on third down and in the red zone. I’m sure somebody will complain about his footwork.

Etienne might have higher upside. He was really good in college. He caught a bunch of passes last year. I’m just worried about his speed at 205 lbs. I hope he runs at Clemson’s pro-day, at least.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:27 pm

Etienne might be the only college player I’ve seen judged predominantly on his bowl games because every other game doesn’t count - and he hasn’t even been bad.

His sophomore season he had 156 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns against Pitt, 117 scrimmage yards and 1 touchdown against Notre Dame and 91 scrimmage yards and 3 touchdowns against Alabama in the natty.

His junior year he had 123 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against Virginia Tech, 134 scrimmage yards and 3 touchdowns against Ohio State and 114 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against LSU in the natty.

His senior year he had 136 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against Notre Dame and 96 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against Ohio State despite getting injured on a kick return in the second quarter.

The narrative that he beats up on inferior competition has been around for years and I honestly don’t understand it, his worst bowl game has been 91 scrimmage yards since his sophomore season.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:54 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:27 pm Etienne might be the only college player I’ve seen judged predominantly on his bowl games because every other game doesn’t count - and he hasn’t even been bad.

His sophomore season he had 156 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns against Pitt, 117 scrimmage yards and 1 touchdown against Notre Dame and 91 scrimmage yards and 3 touchdowns against Alabama in the natty.

His junior year he had 123 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against Virginia Tech, 134 scrimmage yards and 3 touchdowns against Ohio State and 114 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against LSU in the natty.

His senior year he had 136 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against Notre Dame and 96 scrimmage yards and a touchdown against Ohio State despite getting injured on a kick return in the second quarter.

The narrative that he beats up on inferior competition has been around for years and I honestly don’t understand it, his worst bowl game has been 91 scrimmage yards since his sophomore season.
Im curious, how does Harris' stat lines compare against similar or just good opponents, Bama plays like 2 good teams every year why aren't people getting on him for the same thing?
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones