Postby bjd5211 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:50 pm

I like him too.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby Yarnith » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:42 am

broncohead wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:16 pm
Yarnith wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:34 am I get having Chase love but I am a little confused. I get it when Burrows broke records Chase absolutely feasted then again that is 1 season with statistically the greatest QB season in the history of college. Let me remind everyone about those guys last year by the names Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy. Incredible WR talent, most NFL ready tons of hype and Expert accolades? We all remember that right? We also should remember that those 2 weren't even the best WRs on their college team? Devonta Smith was and is.
Jefferson had less yards and TDs with the same QB in the same season and look what he’s doing. Smith is a really good prospect as well. At this point, I don’t think you could go wrong with either.
I am not disparaging Chases chances simply stating I don't see the gap the majority here seem to see.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:22 pm

I have the 1.01, 1.05, and three 2nds in this draft so I'm really interested to see how this plays out over the next couple of months. It's a keep 7 so there are bound to be veterans thrown into the mix of the draft which will push some of these guys down to those 2nd rounders for me. I'm in a full and utter rebuild so this will be a big draft for me.

I personally think Javonte Williams belongs in that first tier of RBs with Harris and ETN, and I don't really think it's as landing spot dependent as others have made it here. When I watch him play he just jumps off the screen as the best player on the field every time. He has that rare combination of speed, power, burst, tackle breaking ability, and he's really good in the passing game. I'm not an expert scout by any means but just by watching games the kid looks special. He reminds me of a young Lev Bell. So I do think he'll be a top 3 rookie pick in dynasty.

Anyway... I believe the 1.01 will sort itself out by the time we roll around to draft time.

My bigger challenge will be what to do with that 1.05. As of now I'd guess the top 4 in my league will be Najee, ETN, Javonte, and probably Chase. RBs always go early.
If it shakes out like that I'll have a big decision to make.. take a RB- Gainwell, Zamir White, Jermar Jefferson, Chuba, etc / take a WR- Smith, Moore, Bateman, Waddle / take Lawrence (in a 1QB though?) / take Pitts (a TE in rd 1?)

After typing this out I’m thinking I may have to either trade up or down from the 5 pick based on these options.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:59 pm

Things are going to change a LOT between now and your rookie draft. Don’t sweat it too much rn

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:01 pm

All of my 2021 targets can be had 3rd round or later. Now someone trade me a 3rd/4th!
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:08 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:59 pm Things are going to change a LOT between now and your rookie draft. Don’t sweat it too much rn
I agree. Just trying to get an early start on the research and get familiarized with all the names and opinions of those names pre-NFL draft. Last year I basically did no research at all (moved, had a kid, started a new job, + the covid crap.. so my head wasn't in the game) and I ended up bombing my draft. Hence why I need to rebuild now.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:40 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:59 pm Things are going to change a LOT between now and your rookie draft. Don’t sweat it too much rn
Hope not, DD!
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:03 pm

jman3134 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:40 pm
Hope not, DD!
Lol I know the feeling. Every year players I like are flying under the radar and then combine and draft shoots them up the board. Rashaad Penny was the biggest one I think, nobody thought he’d go in the 1st. Screwed me badly.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:12 pm

Who are you liking so far in that mold?
K:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:37 pm

jman3134 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:12 pm Who are you liking so far in that mold?
I don't really follow college ball that much but if I'm' not mistaken Chuba Hubbard is regarded as a bum now, right? Let's say he rips up the combine and gets drafted in the 2nd round. Maybe he goes to a popular landing spot. Suddenly he's back on the fantasy radar and someone whose not falling to the 2nd round anymore.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:48 pm

GregOfTheDead wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:59 pm I see Najee Harris being the consensus 1.1 if/when he gets drafted by the Steelers.

And I agree with devonta smith being absolutely worthy of the same tier as chase. Smith has certainly proven he’s got the goods over these years. Personally, Smith is my top fantasy rookie WR pre draft.
Steelers fan? Or just your belief based on mocks? As much as I’d love them to get a rb and could argue it’s one of, if not the biggest needs right now, I just don’t see it. I’d say they need a QB more than anything. Haven’t done much research beyond watching some games or read a ton of mocks yet, but I could see them taking Wilson if he falls, but more likely Trask to be available right around there if they like his medical/interviews. But most likely they’ll probably just take oline in 1, or another whiff at a cb that doesn’t pan out, and grab a rb later. Would be fun, and a likely boon to someone’s stock for sure if they do take a rb in 1 tho.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:54 pm

dustyroads wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:48 pm
GregOfTheDead wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:59 pm I see Najee Harris being the consensus 1.1 if/when he gets drafted by the Steelers.

And I agree with devonta smith being absolutely worthy of the same tier as chase. Smith has certainly proven he’s got the goods over these years. Personally, Smith is my top fantasy rookie WR pre draft.
Steelers fan? Or just your belief based on mocks? As much as I’d love them to get a rb and could argue it’s one of, if not the biggest needs right now, I just don’t see it. I’d say they need a QB more than anything. Haven’t done much research beyond watching some games or read a ton of mocks yet, but I could see them taking Wilson if he falls, but more likely Trask to be available right around there if they like his medical/interviews. But most likely they’ll probably just take oline in 1, or another whiff at a cb that doesn’t pan out, and grab a rb later. Would be fun, and a likely boon to someone’s stock for sure if they do take a rb in 1 tho.
I would be surprised if the Steelers don't take an RB in the first three rounds personally but a fan of the team may know more

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:18 pm

It's going to take all of my willpower to not take Trey Lance at the 1.02

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:25 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:54 pm
dustyroads wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:48 pm

I would be surprised if the Steelers don't take an RB in the first three rounds personally but a fan of the team may know more
First three rounds, I hope to God so! Lol. I just don’t see it happening in the first round myself. But even as a closely following fan Kevin Colbert always surprises me. And without a doubt prove me wrong time and time again. Not that I didn’t like Claypool, definitely intrigued me at least from a dynasty perspective, I was screaming they let Dobbins go by. Even more so once the Ravens took him hah. And then he exceeded my expectations by quite a bit having to compete for targets with Juju and Johnson. They certainly aren’t averse to taking a RB in 1. Mendenhall paid off for a few years before going all terrorist on them :lol:

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:18 pm It's going to take all of my willpower to not take Trey Lance at the 1.02
I don’t think you’ll have to worry about that by the time the NFL draft is done.