2021 Rookie Tiers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
failblazer
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1777
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby failblazer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:23 pm

briank wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:01 am
He's also a much bigger threat as a receiver. I'm no expert, but I'm impressed by watching him. He seems like he can do it all.
His receiving ability is very impressive. He isn't just a body catcher like you see with many RBs, he can catch outside of his frame consistently and even extend to high point throws. I can easily see him racking up 50 catches a season in the right offense.
Mike11 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 am
I have a weird feeling we’re going to see Hubbard blow the roof off the combine and he’ll wedge himself in with Javonte Williams as either Tier 2 or the four all land in good spots. I need to watch more tape, Williams tape legitimately pops to me in a huge way. If a team gives him day 2 capital (more importantly round 2) I feel good with him if I need a rb.
Hubbard may well look great at the combine but I don't think teams are going to watch his tape and fall for it. He's a one dimensional back in the mould of Tevin Coleman and he'll get picked day 3. The only way I will have interest in him is late in the 2nd round of rookie drafts or later and if he goes to the right kind of team to utilise him like the 49ers.
Mike11 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 am
I’m in an interesting spot. I have 1.04, I know Lawrence is going 1.01 but Fields will not go 2 or 3. I have Dak and Burrow so I’m not interested in Fields there, it’s a 10 team 2 QB league but I also have 13 and 17.

I’d much rather get a rb at 4 than take chase but it’s likely Harris and Etienne leave. That means I might need to determine if Williams is worth taking over chase. I could then go to a tier 2/3 wr at 13 or a tier 2 QB if one falls. I think like most leagues you just can’t get an rb if you don’t have a top 5 pick.
I think being at 1.04 with Fields on the board gives you some options. You can try to move the pick for a running back to a QB needy team and/or an Buckeyes homer, try to slide down a few slots if you think 1.05 take Chase or take Fields and move Burrow if you think he lands you a better RB than Fields will. Grabbing Williams at 1.04 is giving a gift to the guy drafting at 1.05, leaving value on the table. I have to think you could get a higher profile running back for the pick.
16 Team PPR (9th Year Dynasty - 1 Time Champion)
T. Brady, D. Jones, C. Wentz
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Robinson, A. Peterson, D. Foreman, T. CohenIR
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, C. Ridley, D. Johnson, D. Mims, C. SuttonIR
D. Waller, M. Gesicki, D. Njoku, D. Knox, C. Kmet

C. Young, S. Hubbard
D. Leonard, D. Greenlaw, T. Reeder, N. Kwiakowski, M. Kiser IR, C. MoselyOPT, N. GerryIR
J. Simmons, A. Amos

16 Team PPR (8th Year Dynasty - Reigning 3 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, T. Brady, P. Rivers
C. MacCaffrey, E. Elliott, D. Henry, A. Morris, D. Foreman
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Isabella, J. Gordon
Z. Ertz, A. Hooper, J. Sternberger, D. Keene, O. HowardIR

D. Lawrence, J. Simmons, K. Chiasson
R. Smith, Z. Cunningham, T. Reeder, T. Adams, B. Okereke, L.Wilson, C. MoselyOPT
J. Johnson, J. Simmons, M. Hyde, K. Dugger, B. McDougaldIR

StripesOfKC
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2116
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:46 pm

I said it before but if Javonte goes in the 2nd (same round as Najee and Etienne likely) to a decent enough landing spot I don't think I can keep him out of T1
Team 1

8 Team PPR
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 3 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K
2019-20 Champion
QB: Burrow, Tannehill, Stafford
RB: Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, CEH, D'Andre Swift, Damien Harris, Pollard, Cohen, Darrynton Evans
WR: AJ Brown, McLaurin, Justin Jefferson, Julio, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, DJ Chark, Gallup, Mims, Pittman, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Trautman
D: Steelers
K: Lutz

2021: 1.6
2022: 3 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rd, 2 4ths
2023: 2 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th

Team 2

IDP Orphan 12 Team 1 QB PPR 0.5 Pt Per Comp, -0.5 Pt for Incomp
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Tua
RB: Mixon, CEH, Michel, James White
WR: Lockett, Gallup, Justin Jefferson, Reagor, Mims
TE: Gesicki, Goedert

DL: Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, Jeffrey Simmons
LB: Brian Burns, Logan Wilson, Jordyn Brooks, K'Lavon Chiasson
DB: Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson, Chuck Clark, Xavier McKinney, Kyle Dugger

SoftwoodGrampian
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Does Chase give anyone else N’Keal Harry vibes?

User avatar
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1103
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:55 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:50 pm
Does Chase give anyone else N’Keal Harry vibes?
Better athlete, better profile in my opinion he’s going to be good. We never know for sure but he’s in a different stratosphere as a prospect.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QbAaron Rodgers Lamar Justin Herbert, Cousins
RbChubb JT Gurley
Flex Gibson
WrJulio Jones Stefon Diggs Kenny Golladay Mike Williams, Jalen Reagor, Darius Slayton
TeTJ Hockenson Higbee

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby burntfire » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:20 pm

What is everyone's thoughts on Wilson? Seem like he's getting hyped up pretty hard as "Mormon Mahomes"
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Darnold, Mitchell Trubisky, Jake Luton
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Will Fuller, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, Travis Fulgham
RB: Kareem Hunt, Josh Jacobs, Ronald Jones, Marlon Mack, Joshua Kelley, Boston Scott, Deejay Dallas
TE: Robert Tonyan, Dissley, David Njoku, Jace Sternberger, Drew Sample, Gerald Everett

wheath.sharp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby wheath.sharp » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:28 pm

StripesOfKC wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:46 pm
I said it before but if Javonte goes in the 2nd (same round as Najee and Etienne likely) to a decent enough landing spot I don't think I can keep him out of T1
Can't argue with you here. I like Javonte a fair amount. I'm just wary of players we need some sort of argument/narrative (whether that be draft capital/landing spot) for moving up into Tier 1 vs. players we've had as studs without any of that narrative worked in.
Team 1; 2017, 2018 Champs
12 Team 0.5 PPR
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-F-F-TE


QB-Herbert, Wentz
RB-Taylor, Dobbins, Edmonds, D. Williams, T. Williams, Hines, Penny, G. Edwards, J. Jackson, R. Freeman, Wilkins,
WR-Metcalf, JuJu, Chark, Gallup, Reagor, Mims, Peoples-Jones, T. Johnson, C. Johnson, Coutee
TE-Gesicki, Jonnu

2021 Picks-1.03, 2.03, 2.11, 2.14, 3.03, 3.08, 3.13, 4.03

Team 2
12 Team 2QB TEp PPR
QB-QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-F-F


QB-Watson, Tannehill, K. Allen
RB-Hines, Vaughn, D. Williams, Mack, Burkhead, Guice, J. Hill, T. Williams, Hyde
WR-AJB, JuJu, Mims, Gallup, Campbell, T. Johnson, Bowden, Tate, Hurd, Merritt
TE-L. Thomas, OJ Howard, Oliver, Firkser, H. Bryant

2021 Picks-1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08, 2.02, 2.06, 3.03, 3.07, 4.10

hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4848
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby hoos89 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:08 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:50 pm
Does Chase give anyone else N’Keal Harry vibes?
In what way are they even similar?
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, D. Harris, Gaskin, Conner, Michel, McKinnon, Ahmed, Love
AJB, DJM, Aiyuk, Claypool, Sutton, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Mariota, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, McLaurin, T. Higgins, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson
Hooper, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 1.11, 2.03, 2.04, 2.07, 2.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

StripesOfKC
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2116
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:52 pm

burntfire wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:20 pm
What is everyone's thoughts on Wilson? Seem like he's getting hyped up pretty hard as "Mormon Mahomes"
He somehow keeps growing on me (and I already loved him). The ball placement and arm talent is ridiculous

I really don't care that much about him playing at a small school either--people ignore that small schools not only play worse competition but have worse talent. It evens out for me

If he lands in a place like Carolina I'm gonna scoop him up everywhere
Team 1

8 Team PPR
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 3 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K
2019-20 Champion
QB: Burrow, Tannehill, Stafford
RB: Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, CEH, D'Andre Swift, Damien Harris, Pollard, Cohen, Darrynton Evans
WR: AJ Brown, McLaurin, Justin Jefferson, Julio, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, DJ Chark, Gallup, Mims, Pittman, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Trautman
D: Steelers
K: Lutz

2021: 1.6
2022: 3 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rd, 2 4ths
2023: 2 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th

Team 2

IDP Orphan 12 Team 1 QB PPR 0.5 Pt Per Comp, -0.5 Pt for Incomp
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Tua
RB: Mixon, CEH, Michel, James White
WR: Lockett, Gallup, Justin Jefferson, Reagor, Mims
TE: Gesicki, Goedert

DL: Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, Jeffrey Simmons
LB: Brian Burns, Logan Wilson, Jordyn Brooks, K'Lavon Chiasson
DB: Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson, Chuck Clark, Xavier McKinney, Kyle Dugger

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1328
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby broncohead » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:54 pm

wheath.sharp wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:28 pm
StripesOfKC wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:46 pm
I said it before but if Javonte goes in the 2nd (same round as Najee and Etienne likely) to a decent enough landing spot I don't think I can keep him out of T1
Can't argue with you here. I like Javonte a fair amount. I'm just wary of players we need some sort of argument/narrative (whether that be draft capital/landing spot) for moving up into Tier 1 vs. players we've had as studs without any of that narrative worked in.
I take more stock into draft capital than pre-draft ranking. A player who falls in the actual draft should see their FF ranking drop as well. Players who go higher than expected should rise.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Henderson, Akers, Swift, Mostert, Hill, Pope, Johnson
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella, Davis (Buff), Ward, Collin Johnson
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser
2021 Draft - high 1st, 3rd

wheath.sharp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby wheath.sharp » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:16 pm

broncohead wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:54 pm
wheath.sharp wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:28 pm
StripesOfKC wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:46 pm
I said it before but if Javonte goes in the 2nd (same round as Najee and Etienne likely) to a decent enough landing spot I don't think I can keep him out of T1
Can't argue with you here. I like Javonte a fair amount. I'm just wary of players we need some sort of argument/narrative (whether that be draft capital/landing spot) for moving up into Tier 1 vs. players we've had as studs without any of that narrative worked in.
I take more stock into draft capital than pre-draft ranking. A player who falls in the actual draft should see their FF ranking drop as well. Players who go higher than expected should rise.
Maybe, maybe not. Of course a dramatic fall in the draft for a highly touted prospect is worrisome, but we've seen fantasy studs either fall in the NFL draft or land in undesirable landing spots that led them to (wrongly) fall in rookie drafts. DK and AJB are recent prime examples. We've also seen the opposite, where players like N'Keal Harry and Soni Michel (plenty of 1st/2nd round WRs to add here as well) were drafted highly in the NFL draft and didn't pan out. These aren't the necessarily the best examples (in terms of the tier discussion) to compare with Javonte and how his draft stock pre/post combine and NFL draft will change, but demonstrate how the NFL scouts and GMs aren't necessarily getting these things right either.

I'm not arguing that draft capital doesn't matter, because for the most part it clearly does, but that I'd rather buy into a player we have to make arguments against being in the top tier than a player we have to make arguments for being in the top tier.
Team 1; 2017, 2018 Champs
12 Team 0.5 PPR
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-F-F-TE


QB-Herbert, Wentz
RB-Taylor, Dobbins, Edmonds, D. Williams, T. Williams, Hines, Penny, G. Edwards, J. Jackson, R. Freeman, Wilkins,
WR-Metcalf, JuJu, Chark, Gallup, Reagor, Mims, Peoples-Jones, T. Johnson, C. Johnson, Coutee
TE-Gesicki, Jonnu

2021 Picks-1.03, 2.03, 2.11, 2.14, 3.03, 3.08, 3.13, 4.03

Team 2
12 Team 2QB TEp PPR
QB-QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-F-F


QB-Watson, Tannehill, K. Allen
RB-Hines, Vaughn, D. Williams, Mack, Burkhead, Guice, J. Hill, T. Williams, Hyde
WR-AJB, JuJu, Mims, Gallup, Campbell, T. Johnson, Bowden, Tate, Hurd, Merritt
TE-L. Thomas, OJ Howard, Oliver, Firkser, H. Bryant

2021 Picks-1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08, 2.02, 2.06, 3.03, 3.07, 4.10

User avatar
ThunderTung
Starter
Starter
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:07 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:50 pm
Does Chase give anyone else N’Keal Harry vibes?
Not at all lol. And I loved Harry coming out
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr
Picks(2021):1.01,1.04,2.01,2.05,2.07
QB(1): Hurts
RB(2): Sanders/Harris
WR(2): Edelman/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Hardman/Kirk
K: Jake Elliot
DL(2): Ngakoue/Hicks
LB(2): Hicks/J. Smith
DB(2) Devin McCourty/Mathieu
FLEX: Murray

Bench:
QB: Mayfield/Foles
RB: Barber/JJ Taylor/Burkhead/Ollison
WR: S. Miller/Sims/Campbell/Robinson/ KJ Hill/Meyers
TE: Gronk/Sternberger/Asiasi/Keene
DL: Dex. Lawrence/Allen
LB: Chubb/Barrett/Whitehead/Bentley/Vigil/Jones
DB: Gilmore/Sorenson

thebadferret
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:25 am

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby thebadferret » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:17 am

Since we are talking about it, when is DLF changing it's rookie rankings to 2021? After the Super Bowl?
16 team dynasty idp ppr league:

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Antonio Gibson, JK Dobbins, Giovanni Bernard, Jamycal Hasty (IR)
WR: Tyler Boyd, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Anthony Miller, Chad Hansen, Devin Duvernay (T)
TE: Hayden Hurst, Adam Trautman (T)
K: Ryan Succop
DL: - looking for one -
LB: Roquan Smith, Deion Jones, Micah Kiser, Logan Wilson (T), Jordyn Brooks (T)
DB: Budda Baker, Justin Simmons, Kyzir White, Antoine Winfield, Kamren Curl

2021: 1.09
2022: 1st rounder, 5th rounder

Yarnith
Captain
Captain
Posts: 997
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby Yarnith » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:34 am

I get having Chase love but I am a little confused. I get it when Burrows broke records Chase absolutely feasted then again that is 1 season with statistically the greatest QB season in the history of college. Let me remind everyone about those guys last year by the names Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy. Incredible WR talent, most NFL ready tons of hype and Expert accolades? We all remember that right? We also should remember that those 2 weren't even the best WRs on their college team? Devonta Smith was and is.

Some said his success was because of Ruggs and Jeudy, well this year he did it again without them. People gush over Waddle, Smiths better and he has proven it repeatedly now. I am not hating on Chase but that is 1 season with a record breaking QB. I honestly cannot imagine Smith not being the clear cut WR1 in the draft. Smith has proven he produces with any QB and anyone else on the field.

I could be wrong but the perceived gap between Smith and Chase is more myth than reality. The least we can do is put him in the same tier. He earned it through multiple seasons and situations. That is something Chase didn't.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex


QB: J. Allen, J. Goff, D. Haskins

RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CE,H, Ty Johnson, B. Love, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A.J. Brown, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, R. Woods, D. Slayton, P. Williams, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

TE: G. Kittle, H. Henry

2021 1.12 , 3.8, 3.12, 4.9, 4.12

User avatar
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1103
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby Mike11 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:48 am

Yarnith wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:34 am
I get having Chase love but I am a little confused. I get it when Burrows broke records Chase absolutely feasted then again that is 1 season with statistically the greatest QB season in the history of college. Let me remind everyone about those guys last year by the names Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy. Incredible WR talent, most NFL ready tons of hype and Expert accolades? We all remember that right? We also should remember that those 2 weren't even the best WRs on their college team? Devonta Smith was and is.

Some said his success was because of Ruggs and Jeudy, well this year he did it again without them. People gush over Waddle, Smiths better and he has proven it repeatedly now. I am not hating on Chase but that is 1 season with a record breaking QB. I honestly cannot imagine Smith not being the clear cut WR1 in the draft. Smith has proven he produces with any QB and anyone else on the field.

I could be wrong but the perceived gap between Smith and Chase is more myth than reality. The least we can do is put him in the same tier. He earned it through multiple seasons and situations. That is something Chase didn't.
A lot of the community didn’t have Ruggs lumped in with Jeudy. I think Smith is going to ball and he is in that tier for me, post people like when analytics and film meet in the middle, for Chase it does but for Smith his BMI will (unfairly imo) push people off him. I think the bigger issue is that there are so many receivers people like in this class they’re more ok waiting to get one then taking one at 3,4,5 if one of the RBs is on the board.

One thing I have noticed about Chase is he’s a somewhat lazy route runner. If you watch him running his routes next to JJeff he isn’t nearly as intentional about it, luckily this can be taught and he’s a cold stone killer at the catch point but Chase isn’t a flawless prospect. I wouldn’t be shocked if Smith is the first receiver drafted in real life and possibly fantasy if that happens and he wins the heisman.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QbAaron Rodgers Lamar Justin Herbert, Cousins
RbChubb JT Gurley
Flex Gibson
WrJulio Jones Stefon Diggs Kenny Golladay Mike Williams, Jalen Reagor, Darius Slayton
TeTJ Hockenson Higbee

User avatar
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1103
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby Mike11 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:49 am

Mike11 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:48 am
Yarnith wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:34 am
I get having Chase love but I am a little confused. I get it when Burrows broke records Chase absolutely feasted then again that is 1 season with statistically the greatest QB season in the history of college. Let me remind everyone about those guys last year by the names Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy. Incredible WR talent, most NFL ready tons of hype and Expert accolades? We all remember that right? We also should remember that those 2 weren't even the best WRs on their college team? Devonta Smith was and is.

Some said his success was because of Ruggs and Jeudy, well this year he did it again without them. People gush over Waddle, Smiths better and he has proven it repeatedly now. I am not hating on Chase but that is 1 season with a record breaking QB. I honestly cannot imagine Smith not being the clear cut WR1 in the draft. Smith has proven he produces with any QB and anyone else on the field.

I could be wrong but the perceived gap between Smith and Chase is more myth than reality. The least we can do is put him in the same tier. He earned it through multiple seasons and situations. That is something Chase didn't.
A lot of the community didn’t have Ruggs lumped in with Jeudy. I think Smith is going to ball and he is in that tier for me, most people like when analytics and film meet in the middle, for Chase it does but for Smith his BMI will (unfairly imo) push people off him. I think the bigger issue is that there are so many receivers people like in this class they’re more ok waiting to get one then taking one at 3,4,5 if one of the RBs is on the board.

One thing I have noticed about Chase is he’s a somewhat lazy route runner. If you watch him running his routes next to JJeff he isn’t nearly as intentional about it, luckily this can be taught and he’s a cold stone killer at the catch point but Chase isn’t a flawless prospect. I wouldn’t be shocked if Smith is the first receiver drafted in real life and possibly fantasy if that happens and he wins the heisman.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QbAaron Rodgers Lamar Justin Herbert, Cousins
RbChubb JT Gurley
Flex Gibson
WrJulio Jones Stefon Diggs Kenny Golladay Mike Williams, Jalen Reagor, Darius Slayton
TeTJ Hockenson Higbee


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Al, John Paul and 8 guests