Worst Luck I've ever had in Dynasty

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Worst Luck I've ever had in Dynasty

Postby notweswelker » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:00 pm

fantasy is similar to poker, sometimes you can play all your cards right and still only come out with a 60-40 edge.
That means you still lose 40% of the time.
I've had years where I had 7 of the top 10 flex scorers and still not won the championship. The same way I've gone all in with a set of Aces only to have someone river a flush.
Just part of the game, nothing is guaranteed.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:54 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:27 am
honcho55 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:52 pm Love it!

Not only is bad luck ‘just part of the game’, so is whining about bad luck! It’s no joke part of the fun for me.
Lol true. Is it really dynasty unless you have something to complain about? I contend not.
I can’t recommend this enough: co-manage a team with a friend! Absolutely nobody wants to hear about your bad breaks in fantasy, but you and your co-manager can commiserate! I started 4 years ago and we decided to do two more startups since then. It actually works- I’m incredibly busy and don’t have time to scour the waiver-wires in season, plus I semi-frequently work on Sundays- I couldn’t be in as many leagues as I am without a co-owner.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Yeah, you really lost me when you talked about winning twice in a row. You winning twice in a row trumps even the worlds worst luck.

I've scored the most points in the league and missed the playoffs before. You gotta be lucky to win in fantasy

colt77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby colt77 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:41 pm

steelman wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:40 pm Yeah, you really lost me when you talked about winning twice in a row. You winning twice in a row trumps even the worlds worst luck.

I've scored the most points in the league and missed the playoffs before. You gotta be lucky to win in fantasy
I get that, me winning before should make it feel less worse, but I kind of look at it as how high my expectations were coming into the year. Also, last year in my redraft league I also scored most points for and missed, it sucks.
12 Man SF 2point TE Premium PPR 6pt passing Tds - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 3 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, SF, K, D
Qbs: Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, Trevor Lawrence
Rbs: Barkley, Breece Hall, Javonte Williams, Swift, Jamaal Williams
Wrs: Deebo Samuel, Olave, Diontae Johnson, Odell, Bateman, Nico Collins
TEs: Kyle Pitts, Higbee, Kittle, Okonkwo
K: Gay
D: -Steelers

12 Man 1 QB PPR - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 2 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, D 2021 -Picks- 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.01, 3.04
Qbs: Lamar Jackson, Hurts, Tua
Rbs: Barkley, Swift, Akers, Gus Edwards, Henderson, Lindsey, Rhamondre Stevenson
Wrs: Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Bateman, Odell Beckham, Tee Higgins, Cooper Kupp, Nico Collins
TEs: Kittle, Pitts, Jacob Harris
K: Butker

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:00 am

2 years ago I won it all in my 25yr old dynasty league. Last year the exact same lineup I finished dead last. That same set of starters is the team in my sig minus obvious rookies. The cores the same as it was for the win. This year I won the division and am sitting out my playoff bi week. My rookies have had little impact over my core starters but I still could take it all home again. The teams in my sig.

Luck is a huge part of this game and at this stage I want to win it all just to say I went from first to last to first in 3years because to me that is just funny. Enjoy the ride and just shake your head and laugh it off man.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:26 am

Well I just lost by literally 1 point in the 1st round of the playoffs to a MUCH worse team. Matt Ryan really bleep the bed.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:43 am

Worst luck? Scoring the highest ever PF in our league, on the way to a pretty dominant season despite losing Hunt half way through. Then seeing Gurley go down before the end and watching the challenger ride Damien Williams to the final. Which I lost as Lindsay injured his wrist.
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:50 am

jman3134 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:19 am Be thankful you didn't have two players injured on average in game per week. That neglects to account for the multi week injuries: Barkley, Ekeler, Mixon, Brees, Kittle, John Brown, Edelman, Steven Sims, Jordan Reed, OJ Howard, among others like Julio/Diontae.
In 2018, my team featured Andrew Luck, AB, AJ Green, Gronk, Kittle, Ekeler and Saquon among others. In 2019, Gronk and Luck both retired, Green was out for the season. I traded my future stash of draft picks, a second in 2021 for Drew Brees out of necessity. I added Julian Edelman for a 3rd. AB went crazy on Oakland, and when he got moved to the Pats, I packaged him with draft pick Kyler Murray (who I got at pick 12) to get Mixon and two 2020 1sts. In 2019, Saquon, Brees and Kittle go down. This happens again in 2020, but I traded those 2 1sts for Julio (I had 4), who suffers through injuries all year. Now it looks like I have a declining Julio, a retiring Brees and Edelman, and no 2021 draft picks. Thankfully, my team is stacked for many years to come, but the luck has been awful for 3 years.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Well, I faced JAllen, Waller and Diggs in a span of 48 hours to start this week. I haven’t fielded a player yet but daaaamn. I’m the #1 seed but probably gonna have to throw down my best week this season to have a chance. Oh yeah, he has DHenry waiting to choke me out.