Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jalen Hurts

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:12 pm

Eagles looked a lot better with Hurts. Now the decision is do I move him in the offseason lol
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:40 am

Media gave Hurts 0% chance against the Saints, which, to be fair their defense has been nasty. Great showing for him.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:13 pm

People seem to see what they want to see.

I give Hurts a lot of credit as he stepped in - and against the odds, held it together and played very well. It seemed to me that - the entire Eagles team played better. I saw better running lanes, I saw better blocking, I saw more energy on defense, I saw better playcalling. I saw a team that got woke up by the decision to bench the starting qb.

Wentz wasn't playing well at all and the contributing reasons for that seem clear. It seems like a good / smart yet tough coaching decision and one that lets them know a bit more of who they drafted in Hurts. Contract wise, they are stuck with Wentz. Hell.... if the team played as well as they did yesterday - while Wentz was under center - I doubt Wentz would have played as bad as he was.

Either way, more info is needed here before we as a fantasy community come to conclusions as to the supporting cast theory. Sample size is relevant - no? They as a team played their best game of the year yesterday against one of the best defenses in the NFL. If Hurts continues AND the team continues to play at that level, I'm assuming they take steps to move on from Wentz and take a large cap hit in the process.

Im invested in this team, not only in Wentz on two dynasty teams - but also J.Reagor, M.Sanders, B.Scott, Z.Ertz, and D.Goedart.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:42 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:13 pm People seem to see what they want to see.

I give Hurts a lot of credit as he stepped in - and against the odds, held it together and played very well. It seemed to me that - the entire Eagles team played better. I saw better running lanes, I saw better blocking, I saw more energy on defense, I saw better playcalling. I saw a team that got woke up by the decision to bench the starting qb.

Wentz wasn't playing well at all and the contributing reasons for that seem clear. It seems like a good / smart yet tough coaching decision and one that lets them know a bit more of who they drafted in Hurts. Contract wise, they are stuck with Wentz. Hell.... if the team played as well as they did yesterday - while Wentz was under center - I doubt Wentz would have played as bad as he was.

Either way, more info is needed here before we as a fantasy community come to conclusions as to the supporting cast theory. Sample size is relevant - no? They as a team played their best game of the year yesterday against one of the best defenses in the NFL. If Hurts continues AND the team continues to play at that level, I'm assuming they take steps to move on from Wentz and take a large cap hit in the process.

Im invested in this team, not only in Wentz on two dynasty teams - but also J.Reagor, M.Sanders, B.Scott, Z.Ertz, and D.Goedart.
What I saw was a defense in NO that wasn't ready for the dual threat. Hurts opened up alot of lanes for both himself and the running game and was serviceable in the passing game. I still don't know if hes the answer in Philly, but the entire dynamic of the team shifted with Hurts under center.

Either way, if I'm philly I'm riding Hurts to see what they have. They know what Wentz is, and worst case is Hurts falls on his face and you know you need to start looking for a Qb to pillar your 2022 rebuild.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:06 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:42 pm What I saw was a defense in NO that wasn't ready for the dual threat. Hurts opened up alot of lanes for both himself and the running game and was serviceable in the passing game. I still don't know if hes the answer in Philly, but the entire dynamic of the team shifted with Hurts under center.
I don't really buy that they weren't "ready" for the dual threat. This is a top 5 defense this year, and they would have literally been practicing against Taysom Hill for the last month every week. They see Dual Threat every day they're on the field right now.

I think they just got straight up beat by a team that player 200% harder once they had a guy they could get behind under centre.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIwou8WAcm_ ... _copy_link

"He's a natural leader. He gave us that spark." - Miles Sanders

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:05 pm

mild wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:06 pm
CGW wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:42 pm What I saw was a defense in NO that wasn't ready for the dual threat. Hurts opened up alot of lanes for both himself and the running game and was serviceable in the passing game. I still don't know if hes the answer in Philly, but the entire dynamic of the team shifted with Hurts under center.
I don't really buy that they weren't "ready" for the dual threat. This is a top 5 defense this year, and they would have literally been practicing against Taysom Hill for the last month every week. They see Dual Threat every day they're on the field right now.

I think they just got straight up beat by a team that player 200% harder once they had a guy they could get behind under centre.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIwou8WAcm_ ... _copy_link

"He's a natural leader. He gave us that spark." - Miles Sanders
Thats probably the most notable thing. It felt like the eagles really wanted to win yesterday. I even noticed it when he came in for Wentz last week. The result might not have changed then, but you could feel the energy increase throughout the whole team when he was on the field. maybe its just change in general that caused it, or maybe its hurts himself. Either way, its pretty clear that this team is better when hurts is playing than Wentz
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Wentz's leadership has been questioned since 2017. A lot of locker room rumors about his head getting too big after being named an MVP candidate in year 2.

Everything Hurts has done, from the demotion he took his sophomore year after winning the championship as a true freshman (and sophomore even though he was benched at halftime) to what he's done at Oklahoma shows that Hurts is both a galvanizing leader and a humble, team player.

The stark contrast in temperament could be one of the driving forces behind the energy the team displays with and without him leading the team.

Or... it could just be a team who knows Wentz is playing horribly and thinks they have a better chance at a W with Hurts.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:58 am

Interesting observation, his IG post after the game got tons of love from stars around the league like AJB, D. Henry, Ramsey, CeeDee etc... would seem there are a lot of guys pulling for him. (Obvs a lot of Bama/OU connections)

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:40 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:58 pm
JFever wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 am
joeday wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:43 pm I think Hurts will be great! Not related question...did they fire the coach and replace the entire offensive line? They didn't? Ok, never mind, it's gonna be more of the same lol.
This ^ :clap: Words of wisdom by Joeday.
Take out everything after the first sentence and you were right.
He was a great RB for sure! Oh, and it was ONE GAME! haha

BTW I own more shares of Hurts than Wentz before anyone comes at me about any bias lol.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Postby Major_Loser » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:14 am

A few more games like this and Hurts might see a major jump in value, I did not see him doing this well.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:43 am

When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong...Hurts has looked great.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:48 am

Count me in, hes look much better than I anticipated. Cya Wentz.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:55 am

Go from Wentz you came, don't let the door hit you on the cARSEon the way out

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Postby Major_Loser » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 am

So I'm thinking about starting Jalen in the championship round due to the Dallas matchup...I have Brady and Tannehill. Am I chugging the Koolaid too fast?
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:16 am

Only wish I had more roster space to keep him a few weeks back - didn't really need him, but still. Oh well, can't roster everybody!

Maybe I need to join a league with 35-40+ man rosters - I can't stand dropping or never picking up a guy because of tight rosters, especially young guys who get a shot and I'd like to see develop.
Last edited by DLF3000 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -