Miles Sanders?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Miles Sanders?

Postby Flatlander19 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:34 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on him after yesterday's game? I didn't watch it but his stats and usage don't look good. Is it a good time to buy low or avoid?
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Miles Sanders?

Postby TD41 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:50 pm

I'm a Sanders fan as well as a big Mixon fan... Some teams have managed to rebuild an offensive line in one offseason but many more cant manage it.

The prospect of Sanders languishing behind an awful oline while they split of the backfield 3-4 ways is enough for me to hold off for a bit and watch roster moves.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Sanders' efficiency has been good despite the PHI line. He's averaging 5.6 yards per carry. The Eagles are a mess. The one thing they can do well is run block, yet the never stick with it.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:28 pm

As a Sanders owner, I'm just hoping either Hurts unlocks some things (though I think he'll be more likely to run than dump off to the RBs) or that this disaster of a season continues and they clean house. His yards created and juke rate are good -- I'm choosing to bet on the talent, but it might take some patience.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:30 pm

timeEd32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:28 pm As a Sanders owner, I'm just hoping either Hurts unlocks some things (though I think he'll be more likely to run than dump off to the RBs) or that this disaster of a season continues and they clean house. His yards created and juke rate are good -- I'm choosing to bet on the talent, but it might take some patience.
💯 He's a hold or a buy. Within the offense currently, he has a terrifying floor in 2020.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:18 pm Sanders' efficiency has been good despite the PHI line. He's averaging 5.6 yards per carry. The Eagles are a mess. The one thing they can do well is run block, yet the never stick with it.
Gameflow is always going to be an issue with Wentz backpedaling the offense away... That being said if Sanders was getting 80%of the workload I'd love to have him.

1(?) target and 10/25 carries yesterday.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:58 pm

I'm hoping Hurts will revitalize this offense (He looked better on <20 touches than any QB in the NFC East outside of Prescott).
However, I think I might be a seller this offseason assuming his value remains in the top 2 rounds. I will always be worried about his ability to stay healthy, not fumble or drop everything, and coaching. It's a sad turn as I drafted him to be my next RB1 after Gurley's knee died but I'm losing faith when it would've actually been better to get a WR and pick a middling RB2 off the scrap heap.

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:34 pm

I’m actually debating starting him or Sterling Shepard next week. That’s how useless he’s been.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:54 pm

TD41 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:50 pm I'm a Sanders fan as well as a big Mixon fan... Some teams have managed to rebuild an offensive line in one offseason but many more cant manage it.

The prospect of Sanders languishing behind an awful oline while they split of the backfield 3-4 ways is enough for me to hold off for a bit and watch roster moves.
ahh the pain of owner good RBs with shitty O-lines, I'm with you on the Mixon and Sanders sinking ships.

When it comes to the Eagles O-line I don't think its as dire as made out, they are down 7 o-line players due to injury which you would assume most will be back by 2021, plug in Dillard and Brooks along with Kelce and the emergence of Mailata as a decent backup they really will only need 1 maybe 2 draft picks spent on O-line to bring it back to a respectable level.

Unlike Bengals who have been rubbish for a few years and seem to fail at drafting them lately as well, the bright future for them would be getting Sewell in the draft and shifting their LT to RT and maybe picking up a centre in the second round, at least that's my dream for my Mixon shares.

The more worrying concern for the Eagles is them bringing back Howard for some unknown reason, so far this year Sanders biggest problem has been catching the ball, so they go out and bring in a thumper to take away carries in the one area Sanders was doing quite well in???? I've got no idea what that is about.

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Honestly, if Sanders is only sharing the backfield with Scott and Howard entering 2021 then I will consider that a big win. My biggest concern, despite their cap situation, is they bring in a better version of Howard.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:01 pm

timeEd32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:28 pm As a Sanders owner, I'm just hoping either Hurts unlocks some things (though I think he'll be more likely to run than dump off to the RBs) or that this disaster of a season continues and they clean house. His yards created and juke rate are good -- I'm choosing to bet on the talent, but it might take some patience.
Hurts will juice the read-option, though - there's a well known corollary to dual-threat QB's and RB production getting opened up...

... if they stick with the run, that is.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:25 pm

mild wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:01 pm
Hurts will juice the read-option, though - there's a well known corollary to dual-threat QB's and RB production getting opened up...

... if they stick with the run, that is.
I hope so, I hate seeing him getting like 12 carries a game with a 5+ ypc and being TD dependent because of it. I love Sanders as a talent, but the way they've used him has really disappointed me
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Frustrating. Sanders isn’t void of blame but my goodness, he’s their best option out there. I’m lucky to have a bye next week so I get a free look to see how the Philly backfield shakes out for one more week. However, unless I get some clarity on Sanders or Dobbins between now and week 15 I might be screwed at my RB2 for the playoffs.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:51 pm

I'll wait for WRs that are stuck in poor situations because the shelf life is so much longer, but ain't nobody got time for RBs. <<<Thats a generalization but truly if I don't feel like I'm waiting around for a real difference maker I'm moving on.

Mixon and Sanders are two players whose talent I like quite a bit. I'd sell both assuming I can get something close to market value. Definitely not looking to acquire anywhere.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:11 pm

O lines matter a ton.

Sanders is a smart buy for next year IMO if you can get him at a decent price.

Zeke has a similar issue as his rushing yards per game is around minus 20 from running behind 2nd and 3rd stringers due to injuries.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts