The Frank Gore Strategy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FF_Magz
Captain
Captain

The Frank Gore Strategy

Postby FF_Magz » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:36 pm

This is just a general topic about the beast that is known as Frank Gore. The 37 year old back has taken a slide these past couple years but man he has been quite a reliable back throughout his career. Out of 237 games he has started 213! He is 3rd in NFL history for most Rushing Yards. In his 15 year career he has generated 3,000+ pts for his fantasy owners in PPR formats.

I don't know about anyone else, but for MANY years now I have been able to trade for Gore right before the trade deadline for a 3rd/4th rounder. This has become one of my strategies that has worked out for me consistently heading into the playoffs. Specifically in 2017 when I traded a 3rd for him and he got me 16.6 in the league championship. If I had RB trouble, find the Frank Gore owner, offer a 3rd, profit. This year it was a 4th because his production clearly isn't what it used to be.

Most owners can't wait to move on from him because of his age, but he has proven time and time again to be reliable for some kind of points. This year I lost Marlon Mack, picked up Gallman off the waiver wire, plugged in a plethora of SF running backs before finally going back to the old Frank Gore strategy. Got Gore for a 4th and then Perine goes down. I'm not expecting amazing fantasy points from Gore each week, but for a 37 year old back to get me anything with my shitty RB situation, god bless!

So here's to you Frank Gore!

Has anyone else had success employing this "Frank Gore Strategy?"
Team 1 (Victory Points) - 12 Team, PPR - Start 9 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-2TE, D/ST
QB: Jackson, Goff, Mac Jones,
RB: Montgomery, Gordon, Gallman, Mack, J. Patterson, K. Herbert, S. Perine, Juszczyk,;
WR: Hill, Jefferson, Metcalf, Renfrow, Tyrell Williams, K. Cole, D. Harris, Callaway , T. Patrick, F. Swain;
TE: Jonnu, Engram, Alie-Cox, Juwan Johnson;
2022: 1 (Mid), 1 (Late), 2, 4, 5
Championship: 2020

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Frank Gore Strategy

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:14 pm

I call mine the Josh Gordon. Similar, but instead of spending 3/4s I was able to accumulate 2nds and a 1st every now and then

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:27 pm

After last season, I was hoping Mark Ingram would be my Frank Gore

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Why don't you just hold him instead of trading for him every year?
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

FF_Magz
Captain
Captain

Postby FF_Magz » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:56 pm Why don't you just hold him instead of trading for him every year?
Majority of the time I do however in leagues were I don't own him, he was the well I kept drawing water from. Almost like an extra roster spot in that 4th round pick.
Team 1 (Victory Points) - 12 Team, PPR - Start 9 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-2TE, D/ST
QB: Jackson, Goff, Mac Jones,
RB: Montgomery, Gordon, Gallman, Mack, J. Patterson, K. Herbert, S. Perine, Juszczyk,;
WR: Hill, Jefferson, Metcalf, Renfrow, Tyrell Williams, K. Cole, D. Harris, Callaway , T. Patrick, F. Swain;
TE: Jonnu, Engram, Alie-Cox, Juwan Johnson;
2022: 1 (Mid), 1 (Late), 2, 4, 5
Championship: 2020

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:19 pm

I just picked him up off of waivers for RB insurance for the playoffs. I'm not sure if I would pay a 4th, but I'll take him on board for free just in case I might need him.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates