Lions fire Patricia and GM

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Lions fire Patricia and GM

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:32 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:29 pm
thebeast wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:24 pm Maybe Gase is the only one they could get to coach the team. Players only go there to get overpaid if that's what they are looking for. One of the worst run franchises in all professional sports. Don't be shocked if Trevor goes back for his senior year and Gase gets another year.
They're going to fire Gase, I think they just didn't see any point in an interim hire since they were already out of it early.

I do worry if the Jets can build a great team with Lawrence, but if you're him, then there's certainly worse outcomes than getting drafted #1, living in New York, and making a crap ton of money. Plus, nobody will ever blame you if they lose because the Jets organization is so terrible.
No, people will definitely be quick to blame him so they can say "See, told you he was overrated".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:37 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:32 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:29 pm
thebeast wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:24 pm Maybe Gase is the only one they could get to coach the team. Players only go there to get overpaid if that's what they are looking for. One of the worst run franchises in all professional sports. Don't be shocked if Trevor goes back for his senior year and Gase gets another year.
They're going to fire Gase, I think they just didn't see any point in an interim hire since they were already out of it early.

I do worry if the Jets can build a great team with Lawrence, but if you're him, then there's certainly worse outcomes than getting drafted #1, living in New York, and making a crap ton of money. Plus, nobody will ever blame you if they lose because the Jets organization is so terrible.
No, people will definitely be quick to blame him so they can say "See, told you he was overrated".
Darnold doesn't get much blame for the Jets being awful. Can't see Lawrence getting it when he'll be playing much better.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Darnold wasn't considered one of the greatest QB prospects of all-time.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:55 pm

He wasn't, but he was highly recruited and still a very high pick.

There's no criticism flying Lawrence's way if Adam Gase or another bum coach is in charge of the Jets. Hell, it's possible Lawrence is so good that he even overcomes it.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:06 pm

Maybe from you, but there absolutely will be criticism for him, deserved or not, if the Jets continue being bad to mediocre with him on the roster, just how it goes.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:29 am

I totally understand the skepticism around the Jets ever turning the corner.. but they will have a crap ton of cap space, 19 draft picks in the next 2 drafts (likely including 1 overall), and will definitely have a new coach and probably a new GM next year. Again, I’m not saying they’ve ever done anything to show us that they will know how to handle this rebuild, but they do have the assets to work with. If you asked anyone about the Dolphins last year or the Bills a couple of years ago the sentiment would likely be similar, and look how those teams are doing. Let’s give them a shot.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:36 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:29 am I totally understand the skepticism around the Jets ever turning the corner.. but they will have a crap ton of cap space, 19 draft picks in the next 2 drafts (likely including 1 overall), and will definitely have a new coach and probably a new GM next year. Again, I’m not saying they’ve ever done anything to show us that they will know how to handle this rebuild, but they do have the assets to work with. If you asked anyone about the Dolphins last year or the Bills a couple of years ago the sentiment would likely be similar, and look how those teams are doing. Let’s give them a shot.
No they won't, they just hired Joe Douglas this year, and he's the one that got them their extra picks and made their draft picks. He's their GM of the future and the biggest reason to be optimistic about their future (at least until they have Lawrence signed).

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:23 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:36 pm
Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:29 am I totally understand the skepticism around the Jets ever turning the corner.. but they will have a crap ton of cap space, 19 draft picks in the next 2 drafts (likely including 1 overall), and will definitely have a new coach and probably a new GM next year. Again, I’m not saying they’ve ever done anything to show us that they will know how to handle this rebuild, but they do have the assets to work with. If you asked anyone about the Dolphins last year or the Bills a couple of years ago the sentiment would likely be similar, and look how those teams are doing. Let’s give them a shot.
No they won't, they just hired Joe Douglas this year, and he's the one that got them their extra picks and made their draft picks. He's their GM of the future and the biggest reason to be optimistic about their future (at least until they have Lawrence signed).
I stand corrected.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Thread started about Lions, then proceeds to be nothing but about the Jets.

I’m hoping this winds up being better for Swift in the long run. Them playing AD was silly.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:30 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:36 pm People talking about Houston, Detroit, and Atlanta and comparing to the Jets are ignoring a key difference - expectations. The GM for the Jets had his first offseason this past year (as he was hired after FA and the draft the year prior) and knew coming in what his plan was. Moving on from Gase doesn’t really do much. He’s not mad because they disappointed. He wants the top pick. Gase is accomplishing that well. Few pieces remaining on the team will be key figures going forward. At this point, if you weren’t firing weeks ago, you might as well go near the end. Who lasted longest in a lost season is a fairly irrelevant measuring stick. Everyone knows the Jets will be a vacancy.
I guess as a competitor, I would be pissed off at my organization that has let this awful coach continue. Show the players you care about the future and winning. Risght now you are sending a bad message.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:05 am

The best part or silver lining in all this is Golladay is happy about it. Awful and hilarious all at once.

Wouldn't shock me if he's suddenly healthy and balls out rest of the way.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -