Drew Lock, what do you think of him?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Drew Lock, what do you think of him?

Postby Wizard » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:39 pm

I've got Lock and I was excited for him at the beginning of the season but I've watched a few of his games and I'm not impressed. I'm not sure he makes it as a starter. I just wanted to get some feedback from everyone. Maybe I'm overreacting, he hasn't really been the starter for all that many games but I'm nervous. I'm considering trying to swap him with the Mayfield owner since Mayfield has had 3 games in a row with awful weather and not much to show for it. FYI - I'm not all that excited about Mayfield either but I'm thinking he has a better chance to at least stay a starter.
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Re: Drew Lock, what do you think of him?

Postby dark_knite03 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Id make that move myself if you can pull it off. This probably belongs in the team advice forum.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm not excited about Lock or Mayfield. I was big on Lock this offseason, but man, he looks rough. I'd probably prefer Mayfield over Lock by a bit, but they're pretty close right now.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:16 pm

As a Denver fan, he doesn’t look like the guy. Has all the tools but poor feet which leads to accuracy issues and questionable decision making especially under pressure. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Denver go QB early in the draft. I own Mayfield in a couple leagues and don’t like what I see with him. Between the 2 I’d choose mayfield as I think he has a better chance at being a starter longer
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:45 pm

Developmental prospect.

He's got the tools, but is far from where he needs to be right now. Expect nothing, but stash him for his upside. I do expect DEN to bring in some competition for the QB spot next year.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:45 pm Developmental prospect.

He's got the tools, but is far from where he needs to be right now. Expect nothing, but stash him for his upside. I do expect DEN to bring in some competition for the QB spot next year.
How often to QBs develop into fantasy football starters after falling for a few years? I think it's pretty rare.

He'll hang around the NFL as a backup for many years, but likely missed his shot at being fantasy relevant.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 pm

I’m not impressed with Mayfield this year, but I’d still take him straight up and it isn’t close. Lock looks really bad, and at least Mayfield has shown he can play well... even if that was 2.5 years ago.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 pm

Drew Lock would look a smidgen better with Sutton making those circa '19 circus catches

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 pm
Sriracha wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:45 pm Developmental prospect.

How often to QBs develop into fantasy football starters after falling for a few years? I think it's pretty rare.

He'll hang around the NFL as a backup for many years, but likely missed his shot at being fantasy relevant.
Lock still hasn't started 16 games; and he did fairly well in his shortened rookie season.

Not saying I have much faith in him at this point, but there are plenty of QBs that have struggled to begin their career's only to emerge down the line.

Lock does share some similarities with the success cases (Matthew Stafford, Josh Allen for instance) who were similarly physically talented QBs that had to figure the rest out.. working against him is obviously a significant difference in draft capital... but through their actions, DEN does seem fairly committed to figuring things out with him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:42 am

Like the turkeys today... Stick a fork in em!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:31 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 pm 16 games; and he did fairly well in his shortened rookie season.
Wow, it's been less than a season? Seems like more. You're right, we should give more time before deciding on him, even if the odds are low.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:35 am

Lock has lots of tools but no toolbox.

His decision making is pretty poor and he struggles when pressure because he can't move his feet
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

RoyalPalmer
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RoyalPalmer » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:02 pm

I own Mayfield in a league and as frustrating as this season has been I think he has more value than Lock. The Browns are getting wins, and while it isn't on the shoulders of Baker, he is managing the games and executing the game plan. I hope he gains confidence because of the wins and I hope they try to air it out a bit more with the added confidence. He has pleanty of weapons and I believe the offense can only go up from here unless Baker stagnates.

Lock hasnt been able to manage games in the same capacity and doesn't have the same draft capital. It's only his first full season and some of his decision making reminds me of Baker's last year. I feel like Lock's ceiling is just generally lower and I am not confident in Denver's patience. The offense is very enticing however which I think buffs Lock's value
12 team, .5PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)
QB: Purdy, Zach Wilson, Hendon Hooker, Aidan O'Connell, Stetson Bennett, Mariota, Trubisky
RB: KeAndre Miller, Tank Bigsby, Jordan Mason, Kevin Harris
WR: Tank Dell, Rashod Bateman, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney, Darnell Mooney, Michael Wilson, DJ Chark, Slayton, Robert Woods, Khalil Shakir
TE LaPorta, Kincaid, J Ferguson

2024 1st (3x)
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
———

QB: Jake Allen, Goff, Darnold, AOC, Jimmy G
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Prince, Jordon Mason, Ingram (AZ)
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Keenan Allen, Drake London, Brandon Aiyuk, Elijah Moore, Marvin Jones, Paris Campbell, Donovon Peoples-Jones
TE: Kincaid, Noah Fant, Likely

2024 2nd
2024 3rd

12 team, .5PPR, TE Premium, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)

InstantD
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby InstantD » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:55 pm

Great discussion here. I took Lock in a startup, and I've turned out to be a contender. I waited late on QB and had a lot of faith in him, but not really liking what I've seen to this point. From the handful of games I've seen, the game has not slowed down for him yet, and he is rushing his decisions. Elway has been impatient, so I'm not sure if he'll have a chance to work through it. I also have Mayfield so I'm in the same boat as the OP. Think I missed on both.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:51 am

I don’t think much of him. I would expect him to be replaced as soon as something reasonable presents itself, be it draft or FA, of which the latter usually doesn’t have much to speak of.

Mentioning him being similar to Stafford and Allen outside of draft capital is really selling those two guys short. There is a lot of pieces that went into the draft capital delta, and we have seen it on the football field. Draft capital is just what you can put an easy to see number to without going into details.