The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby DynastyKing23 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:27 pm

I've jumped on and off the Pitts bandwagon 100X by now. At the end of last season I had the 1.01 and 3 2nd rounders. I started out last year hoping he'd fall to the 2nd and I'd take him with an early 2nd. That quickly become a pipe dream and I wrote him off as I would not take him at 1.01 and had no other 1st. After many trades I now have 1.03,1.06, 1.08 and 2.05. If chase and Harris are gone I am probably going to take him at 1.03 and then just take BPA at 6 and 8. The odds of any of the other wrs or rb busting after chase and Harris IMO are just as great as Pitts if not more so.
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 pm

DynastyKing23 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:27 pm I've jumped on and off the Pitts bandwagon 100X by now. At the end of last season I had the 1.01 and 3 2nd rounders. I started out last year hoping he'd fall to the 2nd and I'd take him with an early 2nd. That quickly become a pipe dream and I wrote him off as I would not take him at 1.01 and had no other 1st. After many trades I now have 1.03,1.06, 1.08 and 2.05. If chase and Harris are gone I am probably going to take him at 1.03 and then just take BPA at 6 and 8. The odds of any of the other wrs or rb busting after chase and Harris IMO are just as great as Pitts if not more so.
Not sure you have been around long enough to remember back in the day when the talk was between Julio and Green for 1.1. in the 2011 draft.

Today it should be between Pitt's and Chase.

I get how important RB valuation is to many but the best two players in standard 1 QB ppr leagues are Pitts and Chase. The two RB's in this class are like Mark Ingrim compared to the talent of these two pass catchers.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 pm
DynastyKing23 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:27 pm I've jumped on and off the Pitts bandwagon 100X by now. At the end of last season I had the 1.01 and 3 2nd rounders. I started out last year hoping he'd fall to the 2nd and I'd take him with an early 2nd. That quickly become a pipe dream and I wrote him off as I would not take him at 1.01 and had no other 1st. After many trades I now have 1.03,1.06, 1.08 and 2.05. If chase and Harris are gone I am probably going to take him at 1.03 and then just take BPA at 6 and 8. The odds of any of the other wrs or rb busting after chase and Harris IMO are just as great as Pitts if not more so.
Not sure you have been around long enough to remember back in the day when the talk was between Julio and Green for 1.1. in the 2011 draft.

I get how important RB valuation is to many but the best two players in standard 1 QB ppr leagues are Pitts and Chase. The two RB's in this class are like Mark Ingrim compared to the talent of these two pass catchers.
I wasn't doing dynasty but did regular FF and a small keeper league. I do remember that and had Green as my number 1 target from that class but loved both, hard to say if I chose right or not they both did great lol.

I agree I think after chase it's Pitts. And with the age only being 20 he can be a cornerstone for 10-15 years if we're lucky. harris gives us what, 3 or 4, and hea
S not even half the athlete as Pitts. I have kelce right now and his age is making me nervous, would love to have Pitts lined up behind him.
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 pm

I remember Mark Ingram was frequently crashing that top 3 party with Julio & AJG. I even saw Ryan Williams taken over Julio. That must've stung. But the best was another league where I saw someone trade away Adrian Peterson for Sidney Rice & the 1.4 (he took Greg Little).

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:14 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:18 pmI remember Mark Ingram was frequently crashing that top 3 party with Julio & AJG. I even saw Ryan Williams taken over Julio. That must've stung. But the best was another league where I saw someone trade away Adrian Peterson for Sidney Rice & the 1.4 (he took Greg Little).
I remember a top 3 of Julio, Ingram and Green, in whatever order you preferred. I liked Williams, but that ruptured tendon killed him.

You want to know bad? I traded back from 1.3, since I liked one guy in that second tier as much as the remaining guy from the first tier, figured I'd pocket the extra value. Don't remember what else was involved, but giving up on the shot at Julio for Greg Little... now that stung.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:14 pm

Doctorfootball wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:34 pmI’m struggling on this question for SF/TE Premium. A high end TE in this format is an almost untradeable unicorn. Lawrence and Fields are widely expected to go 1/2 for rookie drafts, but I’m trying to decide where he belongs after that. (Specifically within the Najee/Etienne/Chase/Wilson/Lance cluster). It’s a really interesting risk vs upside debate.
Landing spot will help.

I prefer to chase unicorns than someone with a lower ceiling and higher floor. If I take Pitts and I'm wrong, I can get over it. If I draft someone else and Pitts is a rock star, I'll never live it down.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:19 pm

My number one concern with Pitts is honestly his classification being switched to WR, lol.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:28 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:14 pm
Doctorfootball wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:34 pmI’m struggling on this question for SF/TE Premium. A high end TE in this format is an almost untradeable unicorn. Lawrence and Fields are widely expected to go 1/2 for rookie drafts, but I’m trying to decide where he belongs after that. (Specifically within the Najee/Etienne/Chase/Wilson/Lance cluster). It’s a really interesting risk vs upside debate.
Landing spot will help.

I prefer to chase unicorns than someone with a lower ceiling and higher floor. If I take Pitts and I'm wrong, I can get over it. If I draft someone else and Pitts is a rock star, I'll never live it down.
This is me too. I'm swinging for the fences more than a double.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:04 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:19 pm My number one concern with Pitts is honestly his classification being switched to WR, lol.
Hahaha and that is nothing because if he is switched it will be because he is a WR1 probably in the Calvin Johnson mode given he is only slightly bigger than that Beast of yesteryear.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:04 pm
tresskid84 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:19 pm My number one concern with Pitts is honestly his classification being switched to WR, lol.
Hahaha and that is nothing because if he is switched it will be because he is a WR1 probably in the Calvin Johnson mode given he is only slightly bigger than that Beast of yesteryear.
A position switch would be trouble for his dynasty value. He could be a top 3 guy at TE for a long time. As a WR, he'd likely be on a large tier of similar producing players.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:48 pm
A position switch would be trouble for his dynasty value. He could be a top 3 guy at TE for a long time. As a WR, he'd likely be on a large tier of similar producing players.
Yes but then again Studs are Studs..... The only real question will be if he becomes a Stud.

My guess is he will become a Stud in short order and if he is that eventually he will be worth a 1.1 rookie pick for those that bought at that price point.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:19 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Yes but then again Studs are Studs..... The only real question will be if he becomes a Stud.

My guess is he will become a Stud in short order and if he is that eventually he will be worth a 1.1 rookie pick for those that bought at that price point.
You have a huge opinion on Pitts. I love it. Hope you get a few shares.

I'll target him but will be disappointed if he's listed as a WR at any point.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 pm

Pitts is an opinion piece. Some of us want in. Some are worried because he is a TE. I want this kid.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:26 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:14 pm
jordanzs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:18 pmI remember Mark Ingram was frequently crashing that top 3 party with Julio & AJG. I even saw Ryan Williams taken over Julio. That must've stung. But the best was another league where I saw someone trade away Adrian Peterson for Sidney Rice & the 1.4 (he took Greg Little).
I remember a top 3 of Julio, Ingram and Green, in whatever order you preferred. I liked Williams, but that ruptured tendon killed him.

You want to know bad? I traded back from 1.3, since I liked one guy in that second tier as much as the remaining guy from the first tier, figured I'd pocket the extra value. Don't remember what else was involved, but giving up on the shot at Julio for Greg Little... now that stung.
The mid 1st rounders were brutal that year.

Ryan Williams, Leshore, Greg Little, Daniel Thomas. Hankerson went shortly afterwards too, along with Torrey Smith & Shane Vereen.

But you can also learn from that when deciding when you want to take Pitts. What if you pass on him to take another player who ends up like those turd sandwiches? But then again I remember seeing Ebron go ahead of ODB in many drafts. And Bishop Sankey going before both of them, haha

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:13 am

jordanzs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:26 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:14 pm

The mid 1st rounders were brutal that year.

Ryan Williams, Leshore, Greg Little, Daniel Thomas. Hankerson went shortly afterwards too, along with Torrey Smith & Shane Vereen.

But you can also learn from that when deciding when you want to take Pitts. What if you pass on him to take another player who ends up like those turd sandwiches? But then again I remember seeing Ebron go ahead of ODB in many drafts. And Bishop Sankey going before both of them, haha
Man, I remember people getting hyped for Thomas' combo of athleticism and opportunity. I avoided that trap, but not some of the others listed.

I never draft in fear, so I've never understood the whole "imagine if a player drafted later blows up". Pitts might have a great 1st year, and someone focusing on drafting for ceilings will be enticed. I prefer to draft more holistically, and over-weighing ceiling is a great way to be disappointed and risk panic selling after a bad 1st year, to me.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def