The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: We Starting Pitts Now?

Postby murphysxm » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:31 pm

no, he is a buy low candidate. Now that he has had a good game on tape I will approach the owner and buy him at a discount because he is a year 1 TE and people are already giving up on him........

Yes I am being snarky on purpose
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:19 pm I think most already were... In dynasty, if you earned the pick to draft him, you probably don't have a better TE option and were starting him from the start. If you traded for him, you likely believed enough that he would come around soon enough.

Maybe some people have a Kittle, Kelce, Andrews, Hock to start over him for now, but I'd guess that is the minority of Pitts owners. I didn't expect a huge rookie year, but he's a different kind of TE. Now, don't expect that kind of week often, but he's got the ceiling to do it. And his floor is pretty good in that offense. Bad team should be trailing often and he's at worst the 3rd option, but really should be 1b behind Ridley

In redraft, he was going as a top 5 TE. I wanted no part of him due to my doubts of him as a rookie, but I don't think anyone regrets drafting him in redraft either
Right on. Agree 100%. Thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 pm

According to stathead, Pitts has the most targets and yards among all rookie TEs since 1992.

Through his first 5 career games, Justin Jefferson had 370 receiving yards. Pitts has 308.

This Pitts kid is going places. Start him!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

mild
Legend
Legend

Hell Yeah We Starting Pitts Now

Postby mild » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 pm According to stathead, Pitts has the most targets and yards among all rookie TEs since 1992.

Through his first 5 career games, Justin Jefferson had 370 receiving yards. Pitts has 308.

I like this Pitts thread WAY more. :lol:

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:51 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:19 pm I think most already were... In dynasty, if you earned the pick to draft him, you probably don't have a better TE option and were starting him from the start. If you traded for him, you likely believed enough that he would come around soon enough.

Maybe some people have a Kittle, Kelce, Andrews, Hock to start over him for now, but I'd guess that is the minority of Pitts owners. I didn't expect a huge rookie year, but he's a different kind of TE. Now, don't expect that kind of week often, but he's got the ceiling to do it. And his floor is pretty good in that offense. Bad team should be trailing often and he's at worst the 3rd option, but really should be 1b behind Ridley

In redraft, he was going as a top 5 TE. I wanted no part of him due to my doubts of him as a rookie, but I don't think anyone regrets drafting him in redraft either
I'm in that minority, I own kelce and behind him had a bunch of nobodies. I traded all my bench cloggers for picks and then bundled picks to move up and get both najee and pitts. Pitts is sitting on my bench as the heir to kelce or bye week/ injury fill in until he is good enough to be a flex above guys like Henderson, Jacobs, deebo, ajb
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:59 pm

Holy crap guys. Pitts is a top 7 TE in TE premium leagues. Right now, as a rookie, in the first third of his rookie season. Again, as a ROOKIE TE in the first third of the season.

This guy is a unicorn. He’s built to succeed in today’s NFL and he’s just scratching the surface at a position where his value carries a significant + factor. What are we discussing here?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:59 pm Holy crap guys. Pitts is a top 7 TE in TE premium leagues. Right now, as a rookie, in the first third of his rookie season. Again, as a ROOKIE TE in the first third of the season.

This guy is a unicorn. He’s built to succeed in today’s NFL and he’s just scratching the surface at a position where his value carries a significant + factor. What are we discussing here?
Just wondering if we're starting him now. I drafted him in two dynasties.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:38 am

I'd say no. Makes no sense to start him during his bye week.
No need to thank me.

I actually started him the whole season, kind of had to.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Pitts ain't the pits, he's worth starting

Postby Anteaters » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:38 am

mild wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 pm According to stathead, Pitts has the most targets and yards among all rookie TEs since 1992.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pitts is definitely startable. I don't think anyone ever thought he'd be less than TE12 this season.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:38 am
mild wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm

Pitts is definitely startable. I don't think anyone ever thought he'd be less than TE12 this season.
I wasn't too sure he would hit it, just because of how TE normally are coming into the league as rookies. Didn't affect my dynasty outlook of him at all. I just wasn't sold he'd be a TE1 for certain this year. Like I said before, in redraft, I wanted no part of him going as a top 5 TE

He is though and that has to be exciting for owners

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:28 am

mild wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm I like this Pitts thread WAY more. :lol:

Mate, some people thought you'd waste your first round pick on him...!

:lol:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:06 am

mild wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:28 am
mild wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm I like this Pitts thread WAY more. :lol:

Mate, some people thought you'd waste your first round pick on him...!

:lol:
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. It's okay to draft a TE in the first round, as long as it's in the second half of the round.

I've said all along that I think the most likely result for Pitts is that he's a TE3-8 for the next 8 seasons. If that's the case, he was not worth a T5 pick in most drafts - much less the 1.02 and 1.03 Pitts backers said he was worth before fantasy drafts. Only a point or two per week separates TE4 from TE10. That bump is not why I spend T5 draft picks.

I would have spent a 1.08 on Pitts and felt very comfortable about it. I would not have spent a 1.03 or higher on a TE. Just not going to do it. A RB like Najee in a situation like Najee's is what I want with that high a pick. Or a WR like Chase. Or even a RB like Javonte - Javonte will score more TDs and have more 100yd/gms over the next 5 seasons than Pitts will.

It's not a waste to spend a 1st on a TE1, as long as that pick is not in the top 5. :think: But I am not saying everyone should agree with that. I'm happy about the guy who took Pitts and left Javonte for me. I think we're both happy, so far. And I look forward to kicking his butt in the playoffs this year when Javonte gets 116yards/2TDs.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:13 am

D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: We Starting Gesicki Now?

Postby Anteaters » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:57 am

9 Targets, 8 Receptions, 115 Yds.

Tua returns and Gesicki is fantastic again!

Are we all starting Gesicki now?

(With Pitts on bye, I figured I'd keep this thread alive with the Week6 exploits of 2021's other breakout TE candidate.)
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: We Starting Gesicki Now?

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:57 am 9 Targets, 8 Receptions, 115 Yds.

Tua returns and Gesicki is fantastic again!

Are we all starting Gesicki now?

(With Pitts on bye, I figured I'd keep this thread alive with the Week6 exploits of 2021's other breakout TE candidate.)
He seems like more of a TE2 hopefully for a serious contender instead of TE starter. I flexed Knox over him even this week with Andrews at TE. I know TE is slim for many teams though, so if Gesicki is your TE1, it could be worse. I'd love if he was Tuas top target. Waddle is their best WR and it's not close